/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Patience

jameelash
10-04-2019, 02:27 PM
*A 40-year-old man visited his old father who could no longer see very well*.
As both of them sat in front of his house chatting, *a dove flew in and perched on the window*.
The old man asked his son, *"Is that a dove that perched on the window?"*. The son replied, *"Yes dad".*

*After a short while, he asked the son the same question a second time and got the same answer*.

When he asked the same question the third time, his son became angry and rebuked him saying, *"This is why I hate visiting you, you keep repeating questions!"*

The old man was silent for about 10 minutes, and then *he asked the son to go into his bedroom and fetch his old diary.* The son did as he requested. Then he asked him to read page 2 of the diary. The words read:
*"My son is 3 years old today. As we sat in front of the house playing, a dove flew in and perched on the window. My son asked me 30 times if it was a dove. I gladly replied "yes" to each question. I cannot explain in words how happy I am that my son has learned to talk. What a wonderful day to remember!"*

The young man dropped the diary on the ground, then he cried and apologized to his father. *The old man spoke again, "Enough son, one mistake cannot make you less a man, but repeating the same mistake over and over again can kill any man.* I've chosen today to teach you the final lesson before I depart this world. *The lesson for today is Patience. Always be kind and considerate to the less privileged, this is how you'll stand out in eternity*. *Be nice to everyone on your way up, you'll definitely meet them again on your way down!"*

*The person you looked down today may turn out to be the person you need tomorrow.* Lets learn to walk in patience and tolerate each other even in adverse conditions.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abdullah
10-04-2019, 03:33 PM
This is beautiful as usual. Thanks for sharing.

I was thinking about this in a different context. When a sinful person asks Allah for forgiveness Allah becomes more happy than the father who is overjoyed due to the fact that his 3 years old son has learned to talk. As parents we may loose our patience but Allah is so patient with us and keeps on providing us even when we keep on sinning. We should also never get tired of thanking Allah and we should never stop asking Allah for forgiveness of our sins.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.