/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What to do with old materials

Studentofdeed
10-10-2019, 12:42 PM
So I know music is haram and movies and video games can be haram too. I have my old music, movies, and games in my.shelf. do I have to throw it away or can I give it away? Someone told me it is the same case as selling alcohol, you are giving something sinful away. I do not listen to music and deleted on my phone but I have all my songs on my harddrive. Should I delete them from there? I just backed it there , since they were songs I collected all the way from my youth. I dont listen to them but j just saved them. Since I quit music, I havent listened or plan to listen but now I'm concerned what to do with my old materials.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
taha_
10-10-2019, 01:48 PM
Salaam brother,

Yes, it is better to delete them, so that Shaytan wont lure you to fall into these things again. It is also better to play sport games as they are good for our health which we should take of care.

JazakAllah.

Studentofdeed
10-10-2019, 04:29 PM
Okay inshallah I will do that. How about my old movies and games. Lot of these games I have , i cant throw them away because they have value. I can try stop watching movies and TV shows but that may take time. Im concerned what to do with the CDs. Someone told me to throw them away

taha_
10-10-2019, 05:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Studentofdeed
Okay inshallah I will do that. How about my old movies and games. Lot of these games I have , i cant throw them away because they have value. I can try stop watching movies and TV shows but that may take time. Im concerned what to do with the CDs. Someone told me to throw them away
In sha Allah, if you have strong will, it will be easy to leave tv and movies. I was gamer, when I was 7 years old or more than that . I quitted it this year with help of Allah. I even quitted some bad habits I think, I dont remember. I was not very religious til Ramadan this year. In that time I took break from gaming for whole Ramadan. It was pretty easy.

I think you can quit your bad habits when you have strong faith and will, and then you wont care about it. Even if it is nostalgia feeling . Because the purpose of this life is to worship Allah. Anything becomes possible when Allah is always there. So be patient, and try focus on reading Quran, do dikhr , and so, rather than thinking about movies and games and their value. Think about your good deeds , they are valuable. Spend time doing it, so that in sha Allah. Your Lord will become happy with you .

JazakAllah. May He protect you from punishment of hellfire and grave . May He grant you highest garden, Firdaus.

Ameen.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Studentofdeed
10-10-2019, 05:58 PM
Jazakallah khayran brother . May allah reward you with the same and more

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.