/* */

PDA

View Full Version : US officer kills black woman inside her home after welfare call

Caplets
10-13-2019, 07:26 PM

السلام عليكم

US officer kills black woman inside her home after welfare call

Police fatally shoot 28-year-old Atatiana Jefferson through window of her home after request to check on her welfare.

An African American woman has been fatally shot in the United States by a white officer inside her home early on Saturday after police were called to the residence for a welfare check, authorities said.

The shooting in Forth Worth, Texas, occurred after a neighbour called the police non-emergency line to report that the front door to the home was open, according to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

In body camera video released by police, two officers search the home from the outside with flashlights before one shouts, "Put your hands up, show me your hands." One shot is then fired through a window.

[...]

Neighbour James Smith, who initially called the police, told the Star-Telegram he was just trying to be a good neighbour.

"I'm shaken. I'm mad. I'm upset. And I feel it's partly my fault," Smith said. "If I had never dialled the police department, she'd still be alive."

Smith said Jefferson and her 8-year-old nephew typically lived with an older woman, who has been in the hospital. "It makes you not want to call the police department," the neighbour said.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/...150506596.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ahmed.
10-13-2019, 07:43 PM
What a nightmare it must be for blacks in America! :O, they run the risk of being shot dead over nothing every day! :Emoji29:

SintoDinto
10-14-2019, 02:40 AM
sickening. no wonder black people started the black lives matter movement.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.