/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to move past this fear and paranoia?

Studentofdeed
10-22-2019, 11:29 PM
So I have been having really bad anxiety and cPTSD effects. What are some things I can do to move past the trauma of being bullied and harassed. I'm really tired of feeling scared and upset. I thought that since the person who made my life difficult moved away but when I went to the library today I couldn't study because I still felt scared and had bad memories. I went back and studied at the mosque as I truly felt comfortable there. I by mistake I thought I saw that person but then realized that it wasnt them only someone who looked like them. But this anxiety and fear and the bad memories are stressing me out and crippling me. Are there any duas or advice one can do? I'm sick of feeling like this

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
xboxisdead
10-22-2019, 11:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Studentofdeed
So I have been having really bad anxiety and cPTSD effects. What are some things I can do to move past the trauma of being bullied and harassed. I'm really tired of feeling scared and upset. I thought that since the person who made my life difficult moved away but when I went to the library today I couldn't study because I still felt scared and had bad memories. I went back and studied at the mosque as I truly felt comfortable there. I by mistake I thought I saw that person but then realized that it wasnt them only someone who looked like them. But this anxiety and fear and the bad memories are stressing me out and crippling me. Are there any duas or advice one can do? I'm sick of feeling like this
I am not been condescending, demeaning, bullying or anything..I am actually advising you to help you and really care for you. Unfortunately (and this is the truth) not one of us here can help you at all. Not charisma, not Ahmed., not me, not Stoic, no one here can be able to help you. Everyone of us have our own problems. Whether it is health issues, mental issues, physically issues, weight issues, the list goes on. You need professional help. You need a full fledged psychiatrist and psychologist help and the mere fact you have not seek help and trying to get a fast solution in public forums ever more proof you have mental issues.

Please look at me...get professional help. Make an appointment with a therapist and go there. Make an appointment with psychiatrist. Let them check your brain. It is possible it have chemical unbalance, hormonal issues, maybe your brain cells are abnormally firing. Check your food intake. Men (especially) are more prone to have mental and learning issues when they do not have proper food diet. If you want your son for example to be an A student make sure what he put in his stomach is good contents to achieve this. In your case if you have not eaten proper food, proper health date and lack in certain vitamins, proteins you are more likely to have mental issues as you described here.

Please get professional help!

A doctor is waiting for you!!

Eric H
10-23-2019, 08:03 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Studentofdeed;

I worked with people with challenging behaviour for about fifteen years. Challenging behaviour means that you can get punched, kicked have things thrown at you and of course all the verbal stuff too. I have lost count of the number of times I have been hit. In order to help these people in their daily life, you have to stand within striking distance.

You can't avoid fearful things in life, they can come at a time and place that you do not expect. But what you can do, is learn to overcome your fear. So my philosophy is this, I would rather be hit, than live in fear of being hit; and this is why. All the times I have been hit, the pain generally lasted minutes, or possibly an hour or so. In my younger life, I can remember getting bullied and living in fear of being bullied, and the fear lasted years. So for me, I have learned to confront my fears, I still do this at the age of 70.

Fear is self generating, in other words, if you avoid a place, you are telling yourself to be afraid. The more you avoid that place, the more your fear will grow.

If you need to go to the library twice a week for an hour each time. Sort your mind out first, make the appointment in your mind, but instead of going for an hour; do something extra. Say to yourself, I will go for an hour and a half each time, or I will go three times a week instead of two. Then just go, despite all your fears and worries, and force yourself to do the extra bit you have committed too; even if your mind will not concentrate very well on studying. The more you push yourself to do the uncomfortable and fearful stuff, the stronger you will become.

Here's the thing, I believe that you can overcome your fear, you don't have to believe me, you have to believe in yourself and put your trust in Allah.

May Allah bless you with the wisdom and the peace to overcome your fears,

Eric

taha_
10-23-2019, 08:22 AM
Salaam brother,

Dont let such fear overtake you. Try overcome your weakness, dont even fear people, they are not worthy to be feared. You should read Quran, perform voluntary acts like fasting and nafl prayers etc. Do dikhr, put your trust in Allah and believe in Him.

Try to let yourself know that this world is test. Even prophets faced difficult test more than you do. Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him was threatened, tortured and even put on wanted by Quraysh , yet his mission was successful.

You also should visit doctor aswell.

And Allah knows best

JazakAllah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Studentofdeed
10-23-2019, 12:41 PM
Jazakallah khayran. Inshallah I will do the best I can. But right now with my studies and needing a good place to study, I'm going to stick to the mosque for now. Alhamdullah

Eric H
10-24-2019, 07:12 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Studentofdeed;

Ok, stick to the mosque for studying, but you also need ways to try and overcome your fears. Why not make an appointment with yourself to go to the library for an hour a week, and read the quran there.

May Allah bless you with the wisdom, strength and the peace to do his will.

Eric

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.