/* */

PDA

View Full Version : my dear grandma just passed away.

sisters
10-25-2019, 11:26 AM
Salam,
i really dont know what to say or do. My grandmom passed away yesterday, we were not prepared. I am heartbroken and I dont know what to do, I feel for my poor mother who met her once in 17 years and now she has lost both her parents. I know death is sudden indeed and everyone will die but I am so sad and so scared,please please brother and sisters I request for you to make just even a small dua for her and sabr for her whole family

What can I do to ease her soul? Do my good deeds as her grandkid affect her? I am born muslim but recently started to pray, learn more etc. so I am still not so educated...

May Allah SWT grant her Jannat al-firdaus, forgive all her sins and bless her beautiful soul, and of all of the deceased muslims ameen .

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
10-25-2019, 03:41 PM
:wasalam:

Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'oon... May Allah :swt: forgive her and grant her Jannatul Firdaus.

Keep her in dua always. You can perform Umrah or Hajj on her behalf and ask Allah :swt: to bestow the reward to her.

jameelash
10-25-2019, 05:12 PM
Charity given on her behalf will benefit her as well as The giver . pray for her..make dua for her nd daily pray Allah to grant her jannah..aameen

Iceee
10-25-2019, 07:41 PM
inna lillahi wa inallah-e-raji'oon

The most important thing that will benefit your grandmother after her death is to strive to pray for her and ask for forgiveness and mercy for her, and for Paradise and salvation from the Fire, and other good and beautiful duaas (prayers).

Prayers for forgiveness offered by both sons and daughters of the deceased bring great benefits, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "A mans status will be raised in Paradise and he will ask, How did I get here? He will be told, By your sons duaas (prayers) for forgiveness for you." (Reported by Ibn Maajah, no 3660; see also Saheeh al-Jaami, 1617)

Another thing that may reach the deceased is sadaqah (charity) given on his behalf, because Aaishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) reported that a man said to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): "My mother has passed away, and if she could have spoken, she would have given something in charity. Will she receive a reward if I give something on her behalf?" He said, "Yes." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, Fath, 1388)

Ibn Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him and his father) reported that the mother of Sad ibn Ubaadah (may Allaah be pleased with him and his father) died when he was away from her. He said: "O Messenger of Allaah, my mother has died and I am away from her. Will it benefit her anything if I give in charity on her behalf?" He said, "Yes." He said, "Then I ask you to be my witness that I am giving my garden al-Mikhraaf (so called because it bore so many dates) in charity on her behalf." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, Fath, 2756)

Abu Hurayrah reported that a man said to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): "My father has died and left money behind. He did not make a wasiyyah (a will); will it expiate for his sins if I give some of it in charity on his behalf?" He said, "Yes." (Reported by al-Nisaai)

Sad ibn Ubaadah said: "I said: O Messenger of Allaah, my mother has died. Should I give charity on her behalf? He said, Yes. I asked, What kind of charity is best? He said, Providing water." (Reported by al-Nisaai)

Other deeds that may also benefit the deceased are Hajj and Umrah on their behalf, after the living person has first performed Hajj and Umrah on his or her own behalf.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.