/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Bored All the Time

anonymous
10-30-2019, 11:18 PM
Assalamo Alaikum,

I have a problem where I feel bored constantly all the time. Nothing that I do helps me overcome my boredom. Its always there 24/7. Its being going on for over a year now. Does anyone know what can I do ? Im thinking about getting hijama done. Also I've googled this illness but have found no results. Can you guys please help me out ?

Jazakallahu Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abdullah
10-31-2019, 03:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Assalamo Alaikum,

I have a problem where I feel bored constantly all the time. Nothing that I do helps me overcome my boredom. Its always there 24/7. Its being going on for over a year now. Does anyone know what can I do ? Im thinking about getting hijama done. Also I've googled this illness but have found no results. Can you guys please help me out ?

Jazakallahu Khair
Brief answer is found in Quran:
…Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest.[Quran 13:28]
And one of my favorite verse:

Has the time not come for those who have believed that their hearts should become humbly submissive at the remembrance of Allah and what has come down of the truth? And let them not be like those who were given the Scripture before, and a long period passed over them, so their hearts hardened; and many of them are defiantly disobedient.[Quran 57:16]

anatolian
10-31-2019, 04:15 PM
In order to be bored you must be an empty man. Dont you have a work? Find yourself a work that fits your skills and interest. Find yourself a spouse if you dont have which you can have a happy time with. Do you have everything a muslim is supposed to have and still bored?

keiv
10-31-2019, 06:45 PM
Maybe you’re depressed? Are you living the same routine day in and day out? Find a hobby that you can do to break the cycle. Take a vacation maybe?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anonymous
10-31-2019, 09:09 PM
Its not that I'm not doing anything. I go to uni and I recite Quran. Also like I said no matter what I do it doesn't go away, so picking up a hobby won't help.

I googled yesterday and I think I might have Anhedonia or Apathy

BeTheChange
10-31-2019, 09:31 PM
Strange...

Is your mind not engaged with your chosen degree course? When you are studying you have no time to be bored! There's too many exams, assessments and essays. I can only assume you have chosen the wrong degree? or the wrong university?

Have you tried engaging in halaal activities which do interest you? Even if you were not studying life happens!! There's so much to do and so little time. I don't understand how one can be bored?

keiv
11-01-2019, 10:46 AM
Some of the causes listed for having apathy and anhedonia are overwork, recent tragedy, financial problems, bad weather, depression, and boring activities. Lots of people I know who've had depression had these symptoms. Some people who are depressed often times don't want to acknowledge it because they don't think it can happen to them or, they're in denial and think they're happy when they're not.

Ahmed.
11-01-2019, 09:50 PM
How do you get rid of sadness and feel happy?

Answer: read surah Duha a lot! :)

https://youtu.be/KoqhNz7wD3I

How Surah Ad-Dhuha can change your life - Sh Tawfique Chowdhury [Beautiful] - YouTube
Ever feel disconnected with Allah, feel down, feel depressed or think maybe Allah doesn't love you anymore... feel like your duas are not being answered?? Wa......

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.