/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Abu Hurairah and Umar.

taha_
11-04-2019, 08:34 AM
assalamu alaikum rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

is it true that Hazrat Umar did beat Abu Hurairah, because he narrated so much hadiths about Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)? I was googling about him. His nickname is adoring. When I was watching mufti menk video on life of Abu huirayah, and looked at comment section. some people says that he was liar, and was beaten by Umar. Is this true? I don't believe this.

Please clarify it.

JazakAllah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abdullah
11-04-2019, 04:34 PM
Comments on Islamic video are nothing but negative propaganda. Don't read the comments if possible. Anyways, Umar (RA) never accused Abu Hurairah as a liar and never beated him. These allegations against Abu Hurairah are raised by the Shia and the students of the Orientalists.

The source of this incident is a Shia text, Sharh Nahj al-Balagha, by the Shiite Mutazilite Ibn Abi al-Hadid who quotes Abu Jafar al-Iskafi. Abu Jafar al-Iskafi is a third century, Shiite Mutazalite. Al-Iskafi relates this incident with no chain or authorities (sanad). And thus this is an unverified historical incident that appears centuries after the deaths of Umar and Abu Hurairah And moreover it is found in the works of those who harbor religious animosities against Abu Hurairah and adverse theological positions toward the Sunna.

Think about following historical facts:

• How could Umar accuse him of lying against the Messenger of Allah -PBUH – and [at the same time] place his in charge of important posts?
  • A number of grandsons of Umar related hadith from Abu Hurairah from the Prophet – PBUH. Among whom: (a) Salim ibn Abd Allahibn Umar, who in Sahih al-Bukhari alone relates three hadith; (b) and Hafs ibn ‘Asim ibn’Umar, who in Saheeh al-Bukhari alone relates eleven hadeeth. Did they not hear from their fathers that their grandfather considered Abu Hurairah a liar?
  • For 23 years, after the death of Uthman – RA -Abu Hurairah would deliver fatwa in al-Madinah. There are no objections by anyone to Abu Hurairah’s knowledge of fiqh. Moreover, most of Abu Hurairah’s students among the tabeen where accomplished scholars and judges.

And Allah (SWT) knows the best!

taha_
11-04-2019, 04:43 PM
assalamu alaikum rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Astagfirullah. Good to know that I did not believe in this accusation about companion of prophet peace be upon him.

JazakAllah khair.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.