/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Forgiveness and Justice: When The Prophet Smiled.

Abu Fauzi
11-07-2019, 09:17 PM
As-Salaam alaikum,
Allah's Messenger, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, said:--

"I smiled because of 2 men from my Nation, who shall kneel in the Presence of the Lord
of power. One of them says: 'O My Lord, grant me retaliation for the wrong which my brother
did to me.' And Allah says: 'Give your brother that in which he was wronged.'

'O Lord, he says, 'none of my righteous works remain.' Then Allah [the Exalted] says to the
man who made the demand: 'What shall you do with your brother, seeing that none of his
righteous works remain?' And he replies:-

'O my Lord! Let him bear some of my burdens in my stead!'
And Allah's Messenger wept, as he said: 'Truly, that shall be a fearsome Day, a Day when men
have need of others to bear their burdens.' Then he said: 'Allah shall say to one who made the
request: 'Lift up your head, and look to the Gardens.' This he does, and he says: 'O my Lord!
I see high cities of silver, and golden palaces wreathed about with pearls. For which Prophet
shall they be, or which Saint or martyr?' And He said: 'They belong to whomsoever pays Me
their price!'

'O my Lord', he says, 'And who possesses such a price?' 'You possess it,' he replies. 'And what
might it be?' he asks, and He says: 'Your forgiveness of your brother.'

'O my Lord!' he says, 'I have forgiven him!' Then Allah the Exalted says: 'Take your brother's
hand and bring him into Heaven.' Then Allah's Messenger recited part of first ayat in Surat Anfal
of the Holy Qur'an: ''...Fear Allah, and make reconciliation among yourselves'' (8:1)
(al-Hakim al-Nisaburi: al-Mustaadrak ala al-Sahihayn) iv, 576.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.