/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Love of Allah and His Messenger.

taha_
11-11-2019, 07:59 AM
assalamu alaikum rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

Since love of Allah and His Messenger is part of faith. But I don't want to be mushirk. So I am asking this question.

Do i need to love Allah more than His whole creation, and that I love Prophet (Peace and blessing upon him) more than myself, my family and whatever is in this world?

This is confusing me.

Like what is the apprionate way to say?

JazakAllah Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
bint e aisha
11-11-2019, 09:15 AM
Walaikumus Salam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Yes this is correct but what is confusing in it?

P.S. I wanted to quote your post but clicked like accidentally.

taha_
11-11-2019, 09:30 AM
Assalam o alaikum rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

I was confused because in Quran. Allah tells us that mankind loves their false gods as they should love Allah.

Quran surah e Baqarah 165th Ayat
SAHIH INTERNATIONAL
And [yet], among the people are those who take other than Allah as equals [to Him]. They love them as they [should] love Allah . But those who believe are stronger in love for Allah . And if only they who have wronged would consider [that] when they see the punishment, [they will be certain] that all power belongs to Allah and that Allah is severe in punishment.

JazakAllah khair

m.zakria
11-11-2019, 12:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by taha_
assalamu alaikum rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

Since love of Allah and His Messenger is part of faith. But I don't want to be mushirk. So I am asking this question.

Do i need to love Allah more than His whole creation, and that I love Prophet (Peace and blessing upon him) more than myself, my family and whatever is in this world?

This is confusing me.

Like what is the apprionate way to say?

JazakAllah Khair
Well said bro

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Studentofdeed
11-11-2019, 12:55 PM
Loving others more than the prophet and Allah can be a form a shirk. It's better to love Allah and the prophet since out of everything and everyone they are the most sincere. Your parents will leave, wife will leave, kids, friends, it's all based on the moment. But Allah is forever and never abandons you. Allah is the only sincere . Otherwise you feel restless and possessed and slave to whatever you love more than Allah

taha_
11-11-2019, 01:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Studentofdeed
Loving others more than the prophet and Allah can be a form a shirk. It's better to love Allah and the prophet since out of everything and everyone they are the most sincere. Your parents will leave, wife will leave, kids, friends, it's all based on the moment. But Allah is forever and never abandons you. Allah is the only sincere . Otherwise you feel restless and possessed and slave to whatever you love more than Allah
assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Yes it is indeed shirk to love anything more than Allah.

But Allah is our Creator. He is not like His creation, He is Most Superior and deserves to be loved more than His whole creation. So it's probably better to love Him more than His whole creation even Prophet (Peace and blessing upon him), since Allah also created him.

JazakAllah Khair

'Abdullah
11-12-2019, 06:19 PM
assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Yes it is indeed shirk to love anything more than Allah.

But Allah is our Creator. He is not like His creation, He is Most Superior and deserves to be loved more than His whole creation. So it's probably better to love Him more than His whole creation even Prophet (Peace and blessing upon him), since Allah also created him.

JazakAllah Khair
Among all the creations, we should love Prophet Muhammad PBUH more than anything even more than our own selves but of course our love for Allah is beyond the love of Prophet Muhammad PBUH. The very reason we love the messenger of Allah is because Allah himself told us to do so. We should make sure that our love for Prophet Muhammad PBUH does not cross the limits and we shall always consider him as human being and not as a Divine being as some Muslims have started to believe ( noor vs bashar or light vs human being).

Anyways there are two hadiths which I want to quote to illustrate the importance of love for Prophet Muhammad PBUH.

Prophet Muhammad PBUH said:

None of you will believe until I am more beloved to you than your soul, son, family and all the people. [Bukhari – Kitab Al-lman (Book on Faith), hadith 15; Muslim – Kitab Al-lman (Book on Faith), hadith 44/69, 70]
Once Umar (May God be pleased with him) was walking with the Prophet PBUH, and he said:
“By Allah, I love you O Prophet of Allah”.
The Prophet PBUH asked:
“More than your children, O Umar?”
Umar (ra) replied:
“Yes, O Prophet of Allah.”
The Prophet PBUH asked:
“More than your money, O Umar?”
And Umar (ra) replied:
“Yes, O Prophet of Allah”
The Prophet PBUH then asked him:
“More than yourself, O Umar?”
Umar (ra) replied, “No, O Prophet of Allah”
The Prophet PBUH then told him:
“O Umar, your faith will never be complete until you love me more than yourself.”
To rectify this, Umar (ra) briefly isolated himself. When he returned, he stood in the center of the Masjid and proclaimed:
“O Prophet of Allah, now I love you more than myself.”
The Prophet PBUH replied:
“Now, O Umar, now, O Umar”.
It was at this moment, when he loved the Prophet PBUH over himself, that his faith became complete.

Later, Umar (ra) was asked what he had done to increase his love for the Prophet PBUH in such a short period of time. He said:
“I asked myself who did I need more, myself or the Prophet of Allah? I found that I needed the Prophet more. I will not intercede for myself on the Day of Judgment, but the Prophet of Allah will. My deeds will not place me at the highest of levels, but my love for the Prophet will. I did not take myself from the darkness to the light, but the Prophet of Allah did. Accordingly, the love of the Prophet deepened in my heart as compared to my love for myself.”
As we strive to develop this level of love for our Beloved Prophet Muhammad PBUH, we must understand that it is not only a static emotion, it is also an active process. Our love for him manifests in our actions through devotion and obedience. Allah says:
And obey Allah and the Messenger that you may obtain mercy.[Quran 3:132]
Let us endeavor to follow his model, observe his teachings, and live by his example while staying away from all innovations.

taha_
11-13-2019, 05:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by HabibUrrehman
Among all the creations, we should love Prophet Muhammad PBUH more than anything even more than our own selves but of course our love for Allah is beyond the love of Prophet Muhammad PBUH. The very reason we love the messenger of Allah is because Allah himself told us to do so. We should make sure that our love for Prophet Muhammad PBUH does not cross the limits and we shall always consider him as human being and not as a Divine being as some Muslims have started to believe ( noor vs bashar or light vs human being).

Anyways there are two hadiths which I want to quote to illustrate the importance of love for Prophet Muhammad PBUH.

Prophet Muhammad PBUH said:

Once Umar (May God be pleased with him) was walking with the Prophet PBUH, and he said:

The Prophet PBUH asked:
“More than your children, O Umar?”
Umar (ra) replied:

The Prophet PBUH asked:

And Umar (ra) replied:

The Prophet PBUH then asked him:

The Prophet PBUH then told him:

To rectify this, Umar (ra) briefly isolated himself. When he returned, he stood in the center of the Masjid and proclaimed:

The Prophet PBUH replied:

It was at this moment, when he loved the Prophet PBUH over himself, that his faith became complete.

Later, Umar (ra) was asked what he had done to increase his love for the Prophet PBUH in such a short period of time. He said:

As we strive to develop this level of love for our Beloved Prophet Muhammad PBUH, we must understand that it is not only a static emotion, it is also an active process. Our love for him manifests in our actions through devotion and obedience. Allah says:

Let us endeavor to follow his model, observe his teachings, and live by his example while staying away from all innovations.

Thanks again. So that means we love Allah more than Prophet peace be upon him and we love prophet peace be upon him than anything whatever exists?

Does one feels sweetness of faith, if he loves Allah very much than His creation, and loves Prophet (Peace and blessing upon him) than one's self, family, ummah and whatever exists?

JazakAllah khair

'Abdullah
11-13-2019, 04:50 PM

Thanks again. So that means we love Allah more than Prophet peace be upon him and we love prophet peace be upon him than anything whatever exists?

Does one feels sweetness of faith, if he loves Allah very much than His creation, and loves Prophet (Peace and blessing upon him) than one's self, family, ummah and whatever exists?

JazakAllah khair
Wa alaikum alsalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Yes one surely does feel the sweetness of faith if we truly love Allah and Prophet PBUH. Allah is not a myth for true believers, He is real.
Have you ever seen two people who fell in love? Sometimes, the lovers are not together but they still think of each other, they imagine to be together and they talk and smile to themselves even when their lover is not near them. People often call them "Majnoon" or crazy but in reality they are so much into one another that they feel presence of their love even when he/she is not physically there.

Similarly, we can talk to Allah e
ven though we can't see Him, yet we talk to him and we know that He knows and watches over us every moment. These are the people who are wali Allah (friends of Allah) because they see only Allah in everything. They see Allah in all the creation, they see power of Allah when a calamity hits human beings in the shape of earthquake or fire or hail storm, they see Allah when it rains, they see Allah when Sun rises or sets, they see Allah when moon rises or sets, they see Allah in the day and night, they see Allah in the change of seasons, they complain only to Allah because they know Allah is the one who controls everything, they talk to Allah when everyone else is mad at traffic, they talk to Allah when they eat and imagine how Allah made wheat to grow from a seed and how that seed turned into bread for them to eat, they remember Allah when they drink water and know that its Allah who made basic necessities of life such as water and air so abundant and free for us, they make mistakes but always return back to Allah just like a lost child comes back home to find love and mercy of the mother, they are happy when they get sick and when they are tested because they know that Allah loves them and wants good for them, they smile at the time of death because they know finally its time to meet the one they loved the most, they are terrified by the grave and its darkness but they keep their trust and hope in the only friend they made in this world and that's Allah SWT.....

We love Prophet Muhammad PBUH because Allah loved him. To get the love of Allah, we need to follow Prophet Muhammad PBUH because that's the only way to get the love of Allah. I am copy/pasting a link of a video about our need to love Prophet Muhammad PBUH, its with sub-titles and hope you will find this helpful:
https://youtu.be/XTVWfbD90sg

taha_
11-13-2019, 05:06 PM
Assalam o Alaikum Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

May Allah accept us as His believers, and may He keep our love of Him strong, and love of His messenger (peace and blessing upon him) strong.

May Allah grant us good dreams of His messenger (peace and blessing upon him), may He grant us into Jannat-e-Firdaus. and also make us companion and of the Prophet (Peace and blessing upon him) there..

May He put us on Quran and Sunnah path, a succeusful path to Hereafter. and also showing obedience toward Allah and His messenger. Indeed, biddah is evil act and is path of Hellfire. O Allah protect us from biddah and fitnah, ameen.

JazakAllah Khair,

also another question, how does one weep to Allah?

'Abdullah
11-13-2019, 05:43 PM
Assalam o Alaikum Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

May Allah accept us as His believers, and may He keep our love of Him strong, and love of His messenger (peace and blessing upon him) strong.

May Allah grant us good dreams of His messenger (peace and blessing upon him), may He grant us into Jannat-e-Firdaus. and also make us companion and of the Prophet (Peace and blessing upon him) there..

May He put us on Quran and Sunnah path, a succeusful path to Hereafter. and also showing obedience toward Allah and His messenger. Indeed, biddah is evil act and is path of Hellfire. O Allah protect us from biddah and fitnah, ameen.

JazakAllah Khair,

also another question, how does one weep to Allah?
Ameen to all of your duas.

There is no simple answer to that question. Probably best thing we can do is to know Allah by contemplating on the attributes of Allah (99 names of Allah). Another thing we can do is start reading Quran even if it means reading 3 verses a day. The more we know about Quran and our Deen, the greater will be our love/hope/fear of Allah SWT. Remember our sins, visit graveyard and remember death before going to sleep. There are several other things but let's start with these to build the foundation inshallah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.