/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Deobandi.

taha_
11-12-2019, 10:44 AM
assalamu alaikum rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Who are Deobandi? and what are their belief?

I've read a facebook post of fatwa against Deobandi. I've also read wikipedia about the Deobandi.

Since I am too young (16 years old) I am probably confused, but i want to ask question regarding them. I do not believe in any sects, I only believe that Quran and Sunnah is true path to succuesful Hereafter.

What is your opinion on Deobandi?

JazakAllah Khair

the facebook post link is

https://web.facebook.com/notes/shaik...3/?_rdc=1&_rdr

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
bint e aisha
11-12-2019, 12:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by taha_

I've read a facebook post of fatwa against Deobandi. I've also read wikipedia about the Deobandi.

Since I am too young (16 years old) I am probably confused, and better to stay away from them, but i want to ask question regarding them. I do not believe in any sects, and consider them as kafirs. I only believe that Quran and Sunnah is true path to succuesful Hereafter.

JazakAllah Khair

وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

Respected Brother, may Allah ta'ala increase you in the knowledge of Deen. It is not permissible for us to call anyone as kafir, it is really a grave thing to say and one should repent to Allah for that. Ibn Umar reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

أَيُّمَا امْرِئٍ قَالَ لِأَخِيهِ يَا كَافِرُ فَقَدْ بَاءَ بِهَا أَحَدُهُمَا إِنْ كَانَ كَمَا قَالَ وَإِلَّا رَجَعَتْ عَلَيْهِ

When a man calls his brother an unbeliever, it returns at least to one of them. Either the accused is as claimed, or the charge will return against the accuser.

Source: Sahih Bukhari 5753

The facebook link which you have posted contains lies and they have twisted the statements of Ulama e Deoband. Please refer to the following PDF which was written by Maulana Khalil Ahmed Saharanpuri RA against these lies and clarifying their stance regarding several issues.

http://themajlis.co.za/books/Al-Muha...ranslation.pdf

Hope it helps.

taha_
11-12-2019, 12:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by bint e aisha
وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

Respected Brother, may Allah ta'ala increase you in the knowledge of Deen. It is not permissible for us to call anyone as kafir, it is really a grave thing to say and one should repent to Allah for that. Ibn Umar reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

أَيُّمَا امْرِئٍ قَالَ لِأَخِيهِ يَا كَافِرُ فَقَدْ بَاءَ بِهَا أَحَدُهُمَا إِنْ كَانَ كَمَا قَالَ وَإِلَّا رَجَعَتْ عَلَيْهِ

When a man calls his brother an unbeliever, it returns at least to one of them. Either the accused is as claimed, or the charge will return against the accuser.

Source: Sahih Bukhari 5753

The facebook link which you have posted contains lies and they have twisted the statements of Ulama e Deoband. Please refer to the following PDF which was written by Maulana Khalil Ahmed Saharanpuri RA against these lies and clarifying their stance regarding several issues.

http://themajlis.co.za/books/Al-Muha...ranslation.pdf

Hope it helps.

I have not read the whole PDF yet now.

May Allah forgive me.

Even though I still only believe in Quran and Sunnah, not sects, which is very controversial topic among Muslims.. It is not suprising that there are alot of muslims fighting each other and calling each other kafir, since i am too young, I think it is best that I stay away from such debate, and not talking about them, as to avoid any confusion and risk of going into disbelief, til then. May Allah guide us to His straight path, and forgive us for our sins.

JazakAllah Khair.

Supernova
11-12-2019, 12:44 PM
Asalaamualaykum -

Deoband is just simply a Darul Uloom in India. People started calling them Deobandis for the simple reason to identify which Uloom that person studied at.

They have never identified or self labelled themselves with this name. Later on with the Fitna of modern sectionalism and sectarianism (People started inheriting names like Deobandis/Berelwis/Salafis/Wahabis) and in nearly all of these cases, The respective Ulema have never labelled themselves with these names.

Their Darul Uloom basically covers the Hanafi Fiqh mainly. In other circumstances, should a student want to learn other Fiqh and Ulema are present, The Uloom will gladly teach the student another School of Thought of Fiqh.

Regarding someone else a Kaafir, is a serious issue, please read the advice given by @bint e aisha

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
taha_
11-12-2019, 01:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supernova
Asalaamualaykum -

Deoband is just simply a Darul Uloom in India. People started calling them Deobandis for the simple reason to identify which Uloom that person studied at.

They have never identified or self labelled themselves with this name. Later on with the Fitna of modern sectionalism and sectarianism (People started inheriting names like Deobandis/Berelwis/Salafis/Wahabis) and in nearly all of these cases, The respective Ulema have never labelled themselves with these names.

Their Darul Uloom basically covers the Hanafi Fiqh mainly. In other circumstances, should a student want to learn other Fiqh and Ulema are present, The Uloom will gladly teach the student another School of Thought of Fiqh.

Regarding someone else a Kaafir, is a serious issue, please read the advice given by @bint e aisha
walaikum salam

I am aware. I don't want to say anything about Deobandi and other like Baralvis though I know that they have shirk belief, they are too much fitnah, and i am young. I felt uneasy and confused. Better to protect myself than nothing.

JazakAllah Khair

'Abdullah
11-12-2019, 04:34 PM

Since I am too young (16 years old) I am probably confused, but i want to ask question regarding them. I do not believe in any sects, I only believe that Quran and Sunnah is true path to succuesful Hereafter.

JazakAllah Khair

Assalma o Alaikum wa rahmdullahi wa barakatuh

Brother you are naturally inclined to the right path with the blessing of Allah SWT. Stay away from any sects, hold on to Quran and Sunnah. Think the best of all Muslims even when they follow a madhab blindly and keep praying that Allah make us among those whom he blessed in this world and Hereafter and pray that He does not make us among those who lost their path. Sects, tribes and nationalism is what has divided Muslims on all fronts. Today how many countries have raised voice for Kashmiri brothers and sisters? There are over 57 Muslim countries and if they were all united under the banner of Islam, no one would have courage to oppress any Muslim.

taha_
11-12-2019, 04:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HabibUrrehman
Assalma o Alaikum wa rahmdullahi wa barakatuh

Brother you are naturally inclined to the right path with the blessing of Allah SWT. Stay away from any sects, hold on to Quran and Sunnah. Think the best of all Muslims even when they follow a madhab blindly and keep praying that Allah make us among those whom he blessed in this world and Hereafter and pray that He does not make us among those who lost their path. Sects, tribes and nationalism is what has divided Muslims on all fronts. Today how many countries have raised voice for Kashmiri brothers and sisters? There are over 57 Muslim countries and if they were all united under the banner of Islam, no one would have courage to oppress any Muslim.
Assalam o alaikum rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

We should not only raise voice for our Kashmiri brothers and sisters

Syrian, Yemeni, Palestinian, Iraq, Chinese, indian , rohingya, Libyans, and then African.

There are many African muslim country or country with Muslim majority, many of them are dangerous.

May Allah help them, and grant the people who were martyred into Paradise and protect them from hellfire and grave punishment. Ameen.

'Abdullah
11-12-2019, 05:16 PM

We should not only raise voice for our Kashmiri brothers and sisters

Syrian, Yemeni, Palestinian, Iraq, Chinese, indian , rohingya, Libyans, and then African.

There are many African muslim country or country with Muslim majority, many of them are dangerous.

May Allah help them, and grant the people who were martyred into Paradise and protect them from hellfire and grave punishment. Ameen.
You are absolutely right, I was just giving one example that how divided Ummah of Prophet Muhammad PBUH has become. Our Muslims leaders who raised issue of Kashmir only raised it for political reason, we lack sincere and God fearing leadership who can unite Muslims all over the world under one banner.

taha_
11-12-2019, 05:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HabibUrrehman
You are absolutely right, I was just giving one example that how divided Ummah of Prophet Muhammad PBUH has become. Our Muslims leaders who raised issue of Kashmir only raised it for political reason, we lack sincere and God fearing leadership who can unite Muslims all over the world under one banner.

It is sad. But in sha Allah. Imam mahdi will be here , Allah knows best. He will bring justice and peace. In sha Allah. I also hope that if we are still alive when he arrives, we will be his soldiers, in sha Allah. It is one of only worldly wish I have, beside meeting isa peace be upon him on his second arrival and staying in medina or mecca til my life.

Desert
02-29-2020, 05:15 PM
As salam alaikum

The deobandi are the sufi hanafi sect
They believe in the wasila of the grave of Nabi Muhammad peace be upon him

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.