/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do I get dua answered quickly, In dire need of real advice here :(

leila ali
11-12-2019, 12:59 PM
I needed to know what I can d to having a better chance of my dua to get accepted. You see, I'm in a dire situation were Allah decided to cause me a sickness which renders me straight up psychologically damaged. I get pretty much depressed and confused all the time because of it, I also lose my free will at times because of it. I know Allah tests the ones whom he loves, but not this shockingly? I don't get the suspense in this trial. It's like I can't even be in the right mental state. Is That just my experience, but I needed to know any surahs I could read,(also informed of tahajjud and other prayers, etc), I could read so that my prayer gets liable to getting accepted.
Like multiple surahs, I could read in a session of the Quran, nothing specific i'll read if you suggest any line of surahs...
Or other than that supplications I could say,
It's for sincerity, its a very grand dua

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
11-14-2019, 10:52 PM
Aslamualylum

Ask but also show patience for you are being tested. Remember what we want is not always what we need. Allah swt is moulding us and refining us to become better Muslims. Insha Allah. There is wisdom behind everything Alhamdulillah.

Imraan
11-14-2019, 11:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by leila ali
I needed to know what I can d to having a better chance of my dua to get accepted. You see, I'm in a dire situation were Allah decided to cause me a sickness which renders me straight up psychologically damaged. I get pretty much depressed and confused all the time because of it, I also lose my free will at times because of it. I know Allah tests the ones whom he loves, but not this shockingly? I don't get the suspense in this trial. It's like I can't even be in the right mental state. Is That just my experience, but I needed to know any surahs I could read,(also informed of tahajjud and other prayers, etc), I could read so that my prayer gets liable to getting accepted.
Like multiple surahs, I could read in a session of the Quran, nothing specific i'll read if you suggest any line of surahs...
Or other than that supplications I could say,
It's for sincerity, its a very grand dua
I need prayers answered too. Been praying everyday for a long time.. dua after dua after dua everyday... I know it's not enough what I'm doing but I yearn for the day all threats to me and my family are eliminated and existing calamities caused by bad decision making are vanished. SubhanAllah hope we get some positive signs soon insh Allah, feels like forever but I know other people are in worse situations,

Ya Allah please help us, everyone is praying for relief.

Did you know Leila Ali, we are where we are now because that's Allahs plan for us, he has willed us to be in our unique set of circumstances... if we are being persecuted or being terrorised or disadvantaged in any way, that's Allahs plan, who knows what's round the corner, could be good, could be bad, all still from Allah swt..... dont know exactly what your going through but if your wanting prayers answered I'm guessing you've got a pessimistic view on this world and the future like me. Theres no happy ending here. Just do your best, stay strong and do much for humanity as much as possible.. (within reason off course), keep praying, remember the rewards you can gain here... and then reclaim the credits in the hereafter...

Prayers may never get answered here in this life, maybe they will.

Guess you have to be grateful for what you have now. I.e. food on the table, family members, friends, the physical ability to pray to be physically independent,

I always remember
the poor people suffering poverty in the world
The civilians caught in cross fire in wars and conflicts
The children who's houses have been bombed / parents killed.
Ones own calamities historically
My uncle who at the age of 25 had a major car accident where he broke his spine rendering him 70 to 80 percent paralysed/loss of motor functions within body.
Injustices in this world now and in the past historically that have gone unpunished....

If you compare what you have now to any calamity worse than the one you are in now, surely that will make you realise that "hey I could have been even worse off!"

The feeling of ones mental state deteriorating can be bad if you let it. I been there myself... the praying , reading, learning about religion and meeting others / imaam at the masjid helps a great deal for me, their calmness and positivity reflects on my perception of this world...I've met some good people, subhanAllah. I can only aspire to be like them however my calamities do drag me down sometimes and can feel disheartened... but it's only temporary.

Sometimes it's hard to smile but I definetley give it to those who deserve nothing less.

Keep praying, make sure you get your daily 7 or 8 hours sleep, make sure you get your 'me' time and make sure you keep in touch with *trusted* friends / family and make sure you eat sufficiently and properly you know healthy food. Treat yourself to chocolate now and then if you have to. There are some neurological benefits of pure cocoa!

In between all those activities remember to do zikr, dua, rabbana supplications, so many available. It's a busy life but it's got to this stage and all is necessary and essential to keep us going.

Remember everyone in your prayers, you never know, it may just get answered...

It's not all doom and gloom, its not doomsday just yet! Got a long while to go for qiyamah...

Always have hope, you didnt get to where you are by chance, we asked for stuff and some of it was accepted and some of it not. So keep asking for stuff, selectively some may get answered.... subhanallah

Assalam walaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

Caplets
11-14-2019, 11:34 PM
السلام عليكم

Consider having a review of yourself.

Are you being tested because of some sins? Do you fulfil the obligations e.g five daily prayers? Have you oppressed anyone e.g. parents, family, friends. Have a look at your wealth - is it obtained from permitted avenues?

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen said:

“How often is it the case that one of us will be better after committing sin than he was before. In many instances a person errs and falls into sin, then he feels ashamed in his heart before Allaah and he turns to Him and repents to Him, so that he thinks of that sin all the time and continually regrets it and seeks forgiveness. But another person may think that he is obedient (towards Allaah) and that he is one of the people who obey and worship Him, so he starts to admire himself and does not turn to Allaah, which adversely affects his religious commitment. Allaah is Wise and may test a person with sin in order to set him straight, just as He may test a person with hunger in order to improve his health. Adam was only chosen after he had committed sin and repented therefrom.

[al-Sharh al-Mumti’, 3/66 ]

The 'Fortress of the Muslim' app : https://goo.gl/UjRmxy has adhkār that can be used throughout the night & day e.g before sleeping, upon waking up, for forgiveness.

We ask Allāh, al-Halīm, to forgive you and to rectify your affairs.

السلام عليكم

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Caplets
11-15-2019, 11:10 PM
السلام عليكم

Regarding du'aa -

"...Imaam Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

Duaas and taawwudhaat [prayers seeking refuge with Allaah] are like a weapon, and a weapon is only as good as the person who is using it; it is not merely the matter of how sharp it is. If the weapon is perfect and free of faults, and the arm of the person using it is strong, and there is nothing stopping him, then he can lay waste the enemy. But if any of these three features is lacking, then the effect will be lacking accordingly.

(al-Daa wal-Dawaa, p. 35).

From this it will be clear that there is an etiquette and rulings which must be fulfilled, in the duaa and in the person making the duaa. There are also things that may prevent the duaa reaching Allaah or being answered these things must be removed from the person making the duaa and from the duaa. When all of these conditions are fulfilled, then the duaa may be answered.

[...]

One of the things that helps to bring a response to duaa is to seek the best times and places.

Among the best times is the time just before Fajr (dawn), the last third of the night, the last hour of Jumuah (Friday), when rain is falling, and between the Adhaan and iqaamah.

Among the best places are mosques in general, and al-Masjid al-Haraam [in Makkah] in particular.
[...]

Things which may prevent duaa from being answered include:

...The reason why his duaa is not answered may be because he has done something that Allaah has forbidden, such as having haraam wealth whether it be food or drink or clothing or accommodation or transportation, or he has taken a haraam job, or the stain of sin is still in his heart, or he is following bidah (innovation) in religion, or his heart has been overtaken by negligence.

Among the situations in which duaa is more likely to be answered are: when one is mistreated or oppressed, when one is travelling, when one is fasting, when one is in desperate need, and when a Muslim makes duaa for his brother in his absence...."

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/5113...swer-our-duaas

- Charity

"Charity protects its giver from calamities and misfortunes, and saves him from distress and hardship; the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allah exalt his mention ) said: “Performing good deeds protects from bad ends and calamities, and those who act righteously in this world will be the good people in the Hereafter.” [Al-Haakim] [Al-Albaani: Saheeh]..."

https://www.islamweb.net/en/article/...ues-of-charity

You may donate through a reputable organisation such as ' Ummah Welfare Trust' online at https://uwt.org/ - or - at their local branches.

And Allāh Knows best.

Musa Muhd
11-17-2019, 03:55 PM
Maybe this is a kind of problem that requires some kind of medication? A lot of anti-depressants can have negative side effects and make you dependent upon them, but there are other medications that can help you when you are often in a mental state where you are confused and feeling like you just ‘aren’t right’. I have been taking a mood stabilizer medication for a similar type of problem for several years now and it has really helped me.

Although dua is the best way to try and get help with your problems, some problems need you to do what you can to try and fix the problem yourself. Keep asking Allah to give you patience, and talk to a medical professional about maybe getting on some kind of medication. If it doesn’t work out or gets worse, you can always stop taking it, go back to the doctor, and try something else.

If you had a broken leg, and you needed to get up and move around, you could make dua for Allah to heal your leg instantly so you could get up and walk, or you could ask Allah for the patience to go and find a crutch to help you walk. That metaphor is kind of stupid but hopefully you can take good meaning from it Insha Allah.

DonTan
11-20-2019, 12:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Caplets
السلام عليكم

Consider having a review of yourself.

Are you being tested because of some sins? Do you fulfil the obligations e.g five daily prayers? Have you oppressed anyone e.g. parents, family, friends. Have a look at your wealth - is it obtained from permitted avenues?

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen said:

“How often is it the case that one of us will be better after committing sin than he was before. In many instances a person errs and falls into sin, then he feels ashamed in his heart before Allaah and he turns to Him and repents to Him, so that he thinks of that sin all the time and continually regrets it and seeks forgiveness. But another person may think that he is obedient (towards Allaah) and that he is one of the people who obey and worship Him, so he starts to admire himself and does not turn to Allaah, which adversely affects his religious commitment. Allaah is Wise and may test a person with sin in order to set him straight, just as He may test a person with hunger in order to improve his health. Adam was only chosen after he had committed sin and repented therefrom.

[al-Sharh al-Mumti’, 3/66 ]

The 'Fortress of the Muslim' app : https://goo.gl/UjRmxy has adhkār that can be used throughout the night & day e.g before sleeping, upon waking up, for forgiveness.

We ask Allāh, al-Halīm, to forgive you and to rectify your affairs.

السلام عليكم
I was one of these unfortunately, I thought I was deeni and doing all the right things, got a bit comfortable thinking yes im doing all the right things to fulfill my obligations as a Muslim and didn't realise certain things I was doing that were wrong, I even use to think I must be keeping Allah happy as I am in jammah.. Until calamity, after calamity struck, im talking major stuff where every element of my life was like being ripped away, especially my family - I fixed things after each realisation and was like OMG did I really say that to my mum etc, another calamity came re family and I raced to fix that too and still trying to understand whats going on, im talking severe anxiety and stress level stuff, it just never ended, one thing after another, I thought it was SIHR and other things, things just didn't make any sense.

I had to review myself and look back at everything, it was a reality check, and then I thought - ok, that was a slap from the Almighty and he was helping me out and it was all in aid of going to a special mosque, I use to make lots of dua, begged, cried for forgiveness, for peace, but this shaitan just wasn't leaving me alone.

I took everything bad I could think off out of my life that would even lead to me doing anything wrong, but still had a little weakness which this shaitan was exploiting which I am nearly there with, I am at a loss, I cant think of anything else, always gave sadqa for protection in good times, and thanked him for the peace and tranquility, I made dua in the best of places - for nothing other than the security of my family and protection from any shaitans ripping us apart. I forever seem to be fighting to keep what I have and get constantly attacked. I recognised the flaws in my character and tried to put them right, I did everything I possibly could think off. I wasn't free from blame either, in the middle of confusion and downtime, I said things and did things which were not right. I wasn't that bad, never did drugs or drink, women, no clubbing or even music, had a habit of watching things I shouldn't but knocked that, I looked after my children well with an Islamic foundation and looked after my wife, always did my farz, zakat etc but I did pick sides when stuff happened and I was very unfair to my parents.

Now I am puzzled as to why I was given this opportunity to put things right and its all being ripped apart again? At one point I was so at peace and happy and looked at what I had been missing, that peace didn't stay for too long. I made dua in the best of places and in the best of nights, poured my heart out, even felt like I was being heard with very clear signs given and now im miffed if I was even heard, I have even stopped going to the Mosque for salah and just pray at home now, I don't even touch the quaran :-(

What went wrong? My mum use to say, those who don't keep their parents happy will never be happy and I even fixed all that, and even that is now being taken apart again...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.