/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Noble Features Of Rasoolullah PBUH

MohammadRafique
11-12-2019, 06:56 PM
Attachment 6787

The Noble Features Of Rasoolullah PBUH

Anas (Radiallahu Anhu) reports:
"Rasullullah (Sallallahu alaihe wasallam) was neither tall nor was he short (like a dwarf... He was of medium stature). In complexion, he was neither very white like lime, nor very dark, nor brown which results in darkness (he was illuminant, more luminous than even the full-moon on the 14th night).The hair of Rasullullah (Sallallahu alaihe wasallam) was neither very straight nor very curly (but slightly wavy). When he attained the age of forty, Allah the Almighty granted him nubuwwah (prophethood).He lived for ten years in Makkah (commentary) and in Madina for ten years. At that time there were not more than twenty white hair on his mubarak (blessed) head and beard." (This will be described in detail in the chapter on white hair of Rasulullah (Sallallahu alaihe wasallam).

Anas bin Malik (Radiallhu Anhu) reports, "Rasullullah (Sallallahu alaihe wasallam) was of a medium stature, he was neither very tall nor very short. He was very handsome, of medium built and his hair was neither very curly nor very straight (but was slightly wavy). He had a wheat-coloured complexion. When he walked, he leaned forward slightly".
May Allah Almighty give us ‘taufeeq’to follow his good example, Amin.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ahmed.
11-12-2019, 07:33 PM
Wheat colour is light or goldenish brown

The colours in the hadith will relate to human colours so 'he was neither very white' will mean he was not like a 'white man', I. E the typical pale coloured native English person (and not talking about chalk white) , and 'neither very dark' means he wasn't like a black man (typical black skinned African)

So he was in between those two extremes, I. E he was light brown

'Abdullah
11-12-2019, 07:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MohammadRafique
Attachment 6787

The Noble Features Of Rasoolullah PBUH

Anas (Radiallahu Anhu) reports:
"Rasullullah (Sallallahu alaihe wasallam) was neither tall nor was he short (like a dwarf... He was of medium stature). In complexion, he was neither very white like lime, nor very dark, nor brown which results in darkness (he was illuminant, more luminous than even the full-moon on the 14th night).The hair of Rasullullah (Sallallahu alaihe wasallam) was neither very straight nor very curly (but slightly wavy). When he attained the age of forty, Allah the Almighty granted him nubuwwah (prophethood).He lived for ten years in Makkah (commentary) and in Madina for ten years. At that time there were not more than twenty white hair on his mubarak (blessed) head and beard." (This will be described in detail in the chapter on white hair of Rasulullah (Sallallahu alaihe wasallam).

Anas bin Malik (Radiallhu Anhu) reports, "Rasullullah (Sallallahu alaihe wasallam) was of a medium stature, he was neither very tall nor very short. He was very handsome, of medium built and his hair was neither very curly nor very straight (but was slightly wavy). He had a wheat-coloured complexion. When he walked, he leaned forward slightly".
May Allah Almighty give us ‘taufeeq’to follow his good example, Amin.
Correction: After Nubuwwah, Prophet Muhammad PBUH lived in Makkah for 13 years and 10 years in Medina.

Ahmed.
11-12-2019, 09:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed.
Wheat colour is light or goldenish brown

The colours in the hadith will relate to human colours so 'he was neither very white' will mean he was not like a 'white man', I. E the typical pale coloured native English person (and not talking about chalk white) , and 'neither very dark' means he wasn't like a black man (typical black skinned African)

So he was in between those two extremes, I. E he was light brown
Ofcourse colour is just an incidental thing and all humans are equal except in piety despite whatever their colour and I just thought i'll correct the error of Prophet (saw) not being brown :)

However, the Prophets (saw) complexion is not an incidental thing as it contributes to his perfect and moderate character in all aspects, physical and personality wise.

The Prophet (saw) was moderate, as we can see, in his physical features too including his complexion, he was neither too white, nor too black and was in between these two extremes, light brown. So I say this without any racism whatsoever, that we know from this hadith that the light brown complexion is objectively the best complexion for a human to have just like neither being too tall or too short is the best height a human can have :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.