/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Did Jesus PBUH died for our sins

'Abdullah
11-14-2019, 09:48 PM
Before the arrival of Jesus (PBUH) and in the Old Testament of the Bible, GOD has always forgiven sins even without any blood sacrifice for anyone who sincerely repented and turned away from their sins. If Jesus died, then he died in vain. There really was no need for Jesus to die for the sins of mankind when GOD has always forgiven sins through sincere repentance, and He continues to do so till this day because His Mercy and Nature to forgive doesn’t change. There’s enough evidence in both the OT and NT of Bible that repentance of sins is required upon everyone in order to be forgiven. Even if a Christian believes that Jesus died for their sins, they still have to repent for their new sins, right?

Yes…so this means that Jesus’ alleged crucifixion wasn’t a full sacrifice, so again he died in vain!

JESUS WAS RAISED UP:

According to Islam Jesus (PBUH) was raised up to God alive and was never crucified. God carried Jesus up to heaven in a whirlwind at some point during Jesus’ life like he did with Elijah. Whether or not God did this because Jesus faced a crucifixion is uncertain. The crucifixion of Jesus is not an attested historical event and may have been nothing more than Paul’s invention. However, if Jesus were in some kind of trouble, God would have raised him up before the evil deed was inflicted on him. I know that it is not easy for Christians to accept at first glance. Many Christians could not believe the audacity to make such a statement! And I don't blame them for this. They are brought with this fundamental belief. But is it impossible for God to raise someone alive? Is this something which has never happened before? When I read the Bible, I learned that the phenomenon of pulling prophets off the face of the earth had happened before. There could never be a better time for it to happen again.

“And when Allah said: O Isa (Jesus), I am going to terminate the period of your stay (on earth) and cause you to ascend unto Me and purify you of those who disbelieve and make those who follow you above those who disbelieve to the day of resurrection; then to Me shall be your return, so I will decide between you concerning that in which you differed.” [Qur’an 3:55]
HERE ARE SOME OTHER SITUATIONS IN THE BIBLE WHERE GOD DID THIS BEFORE:
“Enoch was sixty-five years old when he begot Metuselah. After the birth of Methuselah, Enoch walked with God for three hundred years, and had other sons and daughters. He lived three hundred and sixty-five years. Enoch walked with God, and then was seen no more, because God had taken him away.” [Genesis 5:21-24]
“They went on, talking as they went, and suddenly there appeared a chariot of fire and horses of fire, which separated them from one another, and Elijah was carried up to heaven in a whirlwind. At the sight Elisha cried out, My father, my father, the chariot and the horsemen of Israel! and he saw him no more. He picked up the cloak that had fallen from Elijah and went back and stood on the bank of the Jordan.” [2 Kings 2:11-13]

HERE’S A CLEVER CONTRADICTION REGARDING THE RESURRECTION:

“And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said this, he gave up the ghost.” [Luke 23:46]
According to above verse Jesus (pbuh) gave up the spirit to God. If Jesus is part of the Trinity of God, the son, and the Holy Ghost, then why is it that he had to give up his spirit to God which is in Heaven if he is the same person? Did he borrow the spirit while God was spiritless in Heaven?

“Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not: for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say onto them, I ascend vnto my Father, and your Father, and to my God, and your God.” [John 20:17]
This is said to have occured only after the resurrection, but it is apparent that according to this verse Jesus had not yet ascended, contradicting the verse of Luke 23:43 when Jesus said to the thief on the cross; “TODAY YOU WILL BE WITH ME IN PARADISE“.
So where was Jesus between the time he gave up his spirit to God and the time he returned back to earth if he never ascended in the first place? Isn’t this a clear contradiction and something to ponder over? This suggests that Jesus (PBUH) never died. And it is also clear in this text that Jesus has a God so he himself cannot be God!

THEY PLOTTED AND PLANNED BUT ALLAH ALSO PLANNED:

“And because of their saying (in boast), “We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah” but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but it appeared to so to them [the resemblance of ‘Isa (Jesus) was put on another man (and they killed that man). and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not—nay, Allah raised him up (with his body and soul) unto Himself. And Allah is Ever All-Powerful, All-Wise.” [Qur’an 4:157-158]
EVIDENCE IN THE BIBLE THAT GOD HEARD JESUS’ PRAYER TO BE SAVED FROM THE CROSS:
“My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me. And he (Jesus) went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, ‘O my God, if it be possible, let this cup (death) pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.” [Matthew 26:38-39]
“And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground.” [Luke 22:44]
“(Jesus), Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto Him (God) that was able to save him from death, and was heard (answered) in that he feared.” [Hebrews 5:7]
“And Jesus saith, for with God all things are possible.” [Mark 10:27]
“For the Scriptures say, ‘He will order his angels to protect and guard you. And they will hold you up with their hands so you won’t even hurt your foot on a stone.’” [Luke 4:10-11]
“For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone. Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet. Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name: He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him, and show him my salvation.” [Psalm 91:11-16]
There is no question that the emphasized parts above, especially in Psalm 91:11-16 and others, clearly and indisputably agree with the Qur’an and Isaiah 52:13! Jesus was neither crucified nor resurrected, and he was protected and lifted by GOD. Also, the New Testament, again, confirms that Psalm 91 is referring to Jesus:

1. GOD will hear his cries (Psalm 91:15) and will save him (Psalm 91:3).
  2. GOD will cover him with His Protection (Psalm 91:4).
  3. Christ will then not have any fear in him (Psalm 91:5).
  4. Christ will then observe with his own eyes the punishment of the crucified ones (Psalm 91:8).
  5. No harm (this includes crucifixion!) or disaster will even come near Christ (Psalm 91:10….this even contradicts him getting beaten up before crucifixion).
  6. GOD will send down the Angels to protect him and lift him (Psalm 91:11-12, 14, Isaiah 52:13). Not even his foot will strike the ground from his enemies pushing, grappling and punishment.
  7. Christ’s call will be HEARD, and he will be delivered and honored (Psalm 91:15, Isaiah 52:13).

No way would these verses be valid if Christ got crucified.
In conclusion Psalm 91 is speaking as a number of Prophecies that will take place. Notice how the verses are speak of future events that will take place. Never once throughout the entire New Testament were the Angels sent to save Jesus from striking his foot against a rock. This, again, clearly proves that the NT is indeed false and corrupt.
The Bible is in clear contradiction with itself regarding Jesus’ alleged crucifixion and in everything else that it essentially talks about. It cannot be trusted nor taken very seriously to base a serious faith on. At best, one would only be speculating when he tries to use the Bible to prove anything. Islam is the only Religion, which is by the way also the Only True and uncorrupt Divine Religion remaining today, that confirms the Truth in the Bible and removes the falsehood from it.
SO WAS IT JESUS, JUDAS, OR SIMON ON THE CROSS?
“And he (Jesus) answered and said, He that dippeth his hand with me in the dish, the same shall betray me. The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! IT HAD BEEN GOOD FOR THAT MAN IF HE HAD NOT BEEN BORN. Then Judas, which betrayed him, answered and said, Master, is it I? He (Jesus) said unto him, Thou hast said.” [Matthew 26:23-25]
“And as they came out, they found a man of Cyrene, Simon by name: him they compelled to bear his (Jesus’) cross.” [Matthew 27:32]
So it’s very possible that it was Judas that was punished for his betrayal and also possible that either Judas or Simon was crucified instead. In fact the Ethiopian Bible says that Judas portrayed Jesus and not betrayed him so when it all makes sense when Jesus said:
“Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.” [John 15:13].
Although the Qur’an doesn’t specifically identify the other man that was crucified in Jesus’ place, there’s strong evidence in The Gospel of Barnabas, The Apocolypse of Peter, and the Ethiopian Bible that Judas was the one crucified.
According to Islam, all of Jesus’ desciples were pure, so I guess that other man will remain mysterious!
In the Gospel of Barnabas, Jesus is described as a prophet and not the son of God, while Paul is called “the deceived”. Furthermore, the Gospel of Barnabas states that Jesus escaped crucifixion by being raised alive to heaven; while Judas Iscariot the traitor was crucified in his place. These beliefs; in particular that Jesus is a prophet of God and raised alive without being crucified; conform with Islamic beliefs.

WE BEAR OUR OWN SINS:
“No one can redeem the life of another or give to God a ransom for them—the ransom for a life is costly, no payment is ever enough.” [Psalm 49:7-8]
“No soul can carry the sins of another soul. If a soul that is full with sins implores another to bear part of its load, no other soul can carry any part of it, even if they were related. The only people to heed your warnings are those who fear their Lord, even when alone in their privacy, and observe the Contact Prayers. Whoever purifies his soul, does so for his own good. To Allah is the final destiny.” [Qur’an 35:18]
“The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.” [Deuteronomy 24:16]
THE SIGN OF THE PROPHET JONAH:
Jesus said:
“An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign will be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah. For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.” [Matthew 12:39-40 KJV]
Jesus (pbuh) made it very clear that he will not die because his condition will be like Jonah’s, meaning ALIVE!
Second point is that the heart of the earth is not suggesting that he was or would be buried underground as Christians claim is meant by this part. According to Christians and the scriptures, Jesus’ body was placed above ground in a tomb so therefore this doesn’t line up with the prophesy.
Last point is that the”heart of the earth” is ironically the center of the earth. Geographically the center of the earth is Mekkah where the previous prophets of God paid their homage to the House that Abraham built which is known as the Kab’ba. So by the overwhelming evidences, Jesus was raised up to Almighty God alive and wasn’t crucified as Christians believe he was…it’s really just that simple!
Note that the Kab’ba is the very same place where millions of Muslims visit every year for Hajj (pilgrimage), so it is highly probable that Jesus himself fulfilled his pilgrimage too! This verse in Matthew 12:39 does not support the Christian’s weak interpretation suggesting that Jesus died and was resurrected three days later. Logical thinking must be applied here without prejudice.

3 DAYS AND 3 NIGHTS (WAS JESUS TALKING ABOUT TIME FRAME INSTEAD OF BEING ALIVE, EVEN THOUGH COMMON SENSE SAYS BEING ALIVE IS MORE MIRACULOUS)?

According to the NT of the Bible, Whoever was crucified, was executed on Friday at about the 6th hour (Mark 14:12-17 & 15:23) and taken down later that evening at about the 9th hour (Mark 15:34 & Matthew 27:51-52) because the Jews did not want to break the Sabbath. Then very early on Sunday morning when some women came to the tomb to anoint the body with spices, the body was mysteriously gone! So from Friday to Saturday is 1 full day, and from Saturday to early Sunday morning is a half a day. The total is 1 and a half days, equivalent to roughly 36 hours not a full 72 hours that would equal 3 whole days, so this prophesy failed.
In fact this was the only prophecy Jesus explicitly mentioned and it failed. So what does it means? Was Jesus a liar? Nope, He was Prophet of Allah and the only way this prophecy is fulfilled if someone believes in the account given by Quran which is Jesus was raised up alive.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abdullah
11-14-2019, 11:19 PM
I was reading an article from Sheikh Ahmad Deedad (May Allah have Mercy on him and grant him with Jannah! Ameen!) and I found a very small description from him where he gave commentary on 30 different verses in Bible to prove that Jesus was alive and not crucified. I thought it will be helpful to share that here for someone who is looking for a summarized version:

1. Jesus was reluctant to die! He had worked out a strategy of defense to repel the Jews. Because he wanted to remain alive!
  2. He beseeched God for help. With strong crying and tears for God Almighty to keep him alive!
  3. God ‘heard’ his prayers which means that God accepted his prayers to keep him alive!
  4. An angel of God came to strengthen him: In the hope and belief that God will save him alive!
  5. Pilate finds Jesus not guilty! Good reason to keep Jesus alive!
  6. Pilates wife shown a dream in which she was told that - ‘No harm should come to this just man.’ In other words that he should be saved alive!
  7. Supposed to be on the cross for only three hours. According to the system in vogue, no man could die by crucifixion in so short a time which means that even if he was fastened to the cross - he was alive!
  8. The other two - his ‘cross mates’ on their respective crosses were alive. So Jesus too, for the same period of time must be alive!
  9. Encyclopedia biblica under article ‘cross’ - column 960 says: ‘When the spear was thrust - Jesus was alive!
  10. ‘Forthwith’ came there out blood and water: ‘Forthwith’ means straightaway, immediately which was a sure sign that Jesus was alive!
  11. Legs not broken - as a fulfilment of prophecy. ‘Legs’ can be of any use only if Jesus was alive!
  12. Thunderstorm, earthquake, and darkening of the sun all within 3 hours! To disperse the sadistic mob to enable his ‘secret disciples’ to help, keep him alive!
  13. Jews doubted his death: They suspected that he had escaped death on the cross - that he was alive!
  14. Pilate ‘marvels’ to hear that Jesus was dead. He knew from experience that no man can die so soon by crucifixion. He suspected that Jesus was alive!
  15. Big roomy chamber: Close at hand, and big and airy for willing hands to come to the rescue. Providence was out to keep Jesus alive!
  16. Stone and ‘winding sheets’ had to be removed: Only necessary if Jesus was alive!
  17. Report on winding sheets. German Scientists who carried out experiments on the ‘Shroud of Turin’ said that the heart of Jesus had not stopped functioning - that he was alive!
  18. Ever in disguise! Disguise not necessary if Jesus was ‘resurrected’. Only necessary if he was alive!
  19. Forbade Mary Magdalene to touch him ‘Touch me not’ for this reason that it would hurt; because he was alive!
  20. ‘Not yet ascended unto my father’ In the language of the Jews, in the idiom of the Jews, he was saying, ‘I am not dead yet’, in other words, ‘I am alive!
  21. Mary Magdalene not afraid on recognizing Jesus. Because she had seen signs of life before. She was looking for a Jesus who was alive!
  22. Disciples petrified on seeing Jesus in the upper-room. All their knowledge about the ‘crucifixion’ was from hearsay, therefore, they could not believe that Jesus was alive!
  23. Ate food again and again in his post ‘crucifixion’ appearances. Food only necessary if he was alive!
  24. Never showed himself to his enemies. Because he had escaped death by the ‘skin of his teeth’. He was alive!
  25. Took only short trips. Because he was not resurrected, not spiritualized, but alive!
  26. Testimony of men around the tomb “Why seek ye the living among the dead?” (Luke 24:4-5) That he is not dead, but alive!
  27. Testimony of angels “angels who had said that he was alive!” (Luke 24:23) Did not say, ‘resurrected’ but the actual word uttered by the angels was ‘Alive!
  28. Mary Magdalene testifies “they heard that he was alive, and had been seen by her, they believed not” (Mark 16-11). Mary did not vouch for a spook, or ghost or spirit of Jesus but a Live Jesus. What they could not believe was that the Master was alive!
  29. Dr. primrose testifies: That the ‘water and the blood’, when Jesus was lanced on the side, was on account of an upset in the nervous vessels because of the scourging by staves. Which was a sure sign that Jesus was alive!
  30. Jesus had himself foretold that his miracle will be the miracle of Jonah! According to the Book of Jonah, Jonah was alive, when we expected him to be dead; similarly when we expect Jesus to be dead, he should be alive!

CarefulThinker
03-01-2020, 12:01 AM
Concerning the crucifixion, I too have read many different materials, Coptic Apocalypse of Peter, Gospel of Barnabas, Second Treatise of Seth. What is interesting when reading the crucifixion details that is in Mark, Matthew and Luke, the description of the details given could make one think it was Simon of Cyrene that was crucified.

Now what is interesting is the reference in Luke 23:34 When Jesus said "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do" Did Jesus say this because the ones involved in carrying out the crucifixion had crucified someone else and they didn't realize the person being crucified was someone else?

Now what is more interesting, is that in the Gospel of John, there is no mention of Simon of Cyrene.

Considering all the types of material available concerning the crucifixion, from a neutral point of view, one does have to question the crucifixion.

There is another element concerning the crucifixion, and that is in the concept of a human sacrifice. There are numerous pagan beliefs where human sacrifice was done so the people could get favor from the gods. With my own studies I have done over the years to really get a better understanding, I found myself questioning the crucifixion.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.