/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Light of believers on the day of judgement

'Abdullah
11-15-2019, 06:13 AM
I am going to share some verses from Quran which are very close to my heart, so close that I named my deceased daughter Bushra based verse 12 in Surah Al-Hadid.

On the Day you see the believing men and believing women, their light proceeding before them and on their right, [it will be said], "Your good tidings today are [of] gardens beneath which rivers flow, wherein you will abide eternally." That is what is the great attainment. On the [same] Day the hypocrite men and hypocrite women will say to those who believed, "Wait for us that we may acquire some of your light." It will be said, "Go back behind you and seek light." And a wall will be placed between them with a door, its interior containing mercy, but on the outside of it is torment. The hypocrites will call to the believers, "Were we not with you?" They will say, "Yes, but you afflicted yourselves and awaited [misfortune for us] and doubted, and wishful thinking deluded you until there came the command of Allah . And the Deceiver deceived you concerning Allah . (Quran 57:12-14)
Each and every word of Allah in the Quran is powerful but there are some ayaat and suraahs which offer so much to reflect upon and so many lessons to draw from and sura al-Hadid is one of them. It is one of the most powerful and most beautiful of surahs, and one of my most favorite one.

There is an intense beauty in these words which stir the soul. For example just take ayaah 12 which I quoted above and the expression that ‘their light running forward before them …’ It’s gut wrenching! I wish every Muslim could understand Allah’s words directly, without the human factor of translation getting involved. Then we would experience the true miracle of Quran.

Anyways these verses talk about the light which believers will get on the day of judgement. Let’s look at some of the ways to achieve this light based on hadiths:

1. By going to mosque in the darkness on night ( Meaning praying Fajr and Isha in the mosque in congregation):

Give glad tidings to those who go to the mosque in the darkness of night that they will receive perfect light on the Day of Judgment.” [Abu Dadwud, Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah; Graded authentic by Al-Albani]
Subhanallah who will want to miss praying Fajr and isha in the mosque after reading above Hadith.

2.By taking care of all five daily prayers:
He who takes care of his five daily prayers [that is, performs them regularly fulfilling all their essentials], it will serve as light, proof and salvation for him on the Day of Judgement. He who fails to take care of it, there will be no light, nor proof or salvation for him on the Day of Judgement. The latter will be in the company of Qarun, Haman and Fir’aun.[Ahmad, Tabarani]
3. By reading Surah Kahf on Friday & by reading any verse from Quran:
Whoever recites sura Al-Kahf, there will be so much of light for him on the Day of Judgement that it will spread from his place to Makkah. [Narrated by al-Haakim, 2/399; al-Bayhaqi, 3/249. It was classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 6470]
In another narration:
Whoever recites Surah Al-Kahf on a Friday, light will extend from his feet to the heights of the heaven on the Day of Judgment. [Tabarani; Al-Mundhiri said, this was narrated by Abu Bakr ibn Mardawayhin his Tafseer, with an isnaad with which there was nothing wrong]
Whoever recites just a single verse of the Quran, it will be a light for him on the Day of Judgement. [Ahmad]
Let’s start by reciting Surah kahf today and make it a habit for rest of our lives.

4.By Sending Darood on Prophet Muhammad PBUH:

Whoever sends salah (durud) to me, it shall be the cause of light on the Bridge of Sirat. [Dailami]
It is also recommended to send lot of Salah to prophet Muhammad PBUH on the day of jummah. Let’s make a habit of sending salah on prophet Muhammad PBUH for at least 100 times.

5. By performing rituals of Hajj:
The hair, that falls on the ground at the time of shaving it when coming out of the state of ihram, will be a light for him on the Day of Judgement. [Tabarani]
Stoning the jamaraat in Mina will be a light on the Day of Judgement.[Musnad of Bazzar]

May Allah make us among those who can afford to do multiple Umra and hajj.

6. By remaining steadfast on Islam:
He whose hair turns grey in Islam, it will be a light for him on the Day of Judgement.
[Tabarani]
Means to remain steadfast on Islam for whole life

7. By fighting in the path of Allah:
He who shoots even one arrow in Allah’s way while fighting in jihad, it will be a light for him on the Day of Judgement.[Bazzar]
8. By remembering Allah in the marketplace:
He who remembers Allah in the marketplace will receive light for every strand of hair on the Day of Judgement.[Baihaqi in Shua’ib-ul-‘Iman]
Markets being the places where the temptations of dunya manifest themselves.

9. By helping to ease calamity on fellow Muslims:
He who alleviates the calamity of a Muslim, Allah will create two compartments of light for him at the bridge which will brighten up a whole world. No one besides Allah knows its number. [Tabarani]
May Allah grant us the light! Ameen

Signs of Hypocrites:
It is also worth mentioning some signs of hypocrites who are also mentioned in the verses I quoted above. Let's read some hadiths which tells us some of the signs of hypocrites

Abdullah ibn ‘Amr (RA) says that Rasulullah (SAW) said:

Four traits whoever possesses them is a hypocrite and whoever possesses some of them has an element of hypocrisy until he leaves it:
the one who when he speaks he lies,
when he promises he breaks his promise,
when he disputes he transgresses and
when he makes an agreement he violates it.” [Muslim and Bukhari]
May Allah save us from the hypocrisy! Ameen!

If we read further then we reach ayah 16 which says:

“Has the time not come for those who have believed that their hearts should become humbly submissive at the remembrance of Allah and what has come down of the truth? And let them not be like those who were given the Scripture before, and a long period passed over them, so their hearts hardened; and many of them are defiantly disobedient.” (Quran 57:16)
Let’s race towards Allah’s mercy and blessing together. Let’s make this intention today that nothing else will take priority of our relationship with God. Let promise to Allah that from this day we will change for good inshallah and work towards meeting our Lord with a sound heart (Qalb-e-Saleem).

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
taha_
11-15-2019, 06:29 AM
Assalam o Alaikum rahamutullahi barakuthu.

May Allah grant your daughter into Jannat ul firdaus, protect her from punishment of Hellfire and grave.

How did she pass away?

May Allah grant us light in Day of Judgment and also His shades. Ameen

JazakAllah khair

BeTheChange
11-15-2019, 07:10 AM
Walaikumasalaam

Ameen. Jazaka Allah for the reminder. There is so much wisdom, healing and strength from the quraan. Subhana Allah. We are truly blessed. Alhamdulilah.

'Abdullah
11-15-2019, 03:52 PM
Just updated my original post. Added references for hadiths I had quoted previously and also added signs for hypocrites which were mentioned in the verses I shared.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abdullah
11-15-2019, 04:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by taha_
Assalam o Alaikum rahamutullahi barakuthu.

May Allah grant your daughter into Jannat ul firdaus, protect her from punishment of Hellfire and grave.

How did she pass away?

May Allah grant us light in Day of Judgment and also His shades. Ameen

JazakAllah khair
Wa Alaikum Alsalam Wa Rahamatullahi wa Barakatuh

I am sure there is some wisdom and mercy of Allah SWT in this and I am happy with whatever Allah decrees for me.

And We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient.
Who, when disaster strikes them, say, "Indeed we belong to Allah, and indeed to Him we will return."
Those are the ones upon whom are blessings from their Lord and mercy. And it is those who are the [rightly] guided. [Quran 2:155-157]
I am happy that Allah choose me for His mercy and tested me with something which was not even mine to begin with. We all belong to Allah SWT and to Him is our return. Bushra (my daughter's name) means glad tiding and inshallah she will be a glad tiding for me and my wife on the day of Judgement. And Allah knows the best!

Ma'a Salama

taha_
11-15-2019, 04:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HabibUrrehman
Wa Alaikum Alsalam Wa Rahamatullahi wa Barakatuh

I am sure there is some wisdom and mercy of Allah SWT in this and I am happy with whatever Allah decrees for me.

I am happy that Allah choose me for His mercy and tested me with something which was not even mine to begin with. We all belong to Allah SWT and to Him is our return. Bushra (my daughter's name) means glad tiding and inshallah she will be a glad tiding for me and my wife on the day of Judgement. And Allah knows the best!

Ma'a Salama
Assalam o alaikum rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

subhanAllah. I wish I could be more patient like you. May Allah bless you and grant you into firdaus. Ameen.

JazakAllah khair

'Abdullah
11-15-2019, 11:38 PM

subhanAllah. I wish I could be more patient like you. May Allah bless you and grant you into firdaus. Ameen.

JazakAllah khair
There is nothing that I can say in return except by following the first Khalifa Abu Bakr as-Siddeeq -RadhiAllaahu anhu. Even though he was the Khalifa when he would hear a person praising him with goodness, Abu Bakr
as-Siddeeq -RadhiAllaahu anhu
used to say:
اللهم لا تؤاخذني بما يقولون،
O Allah do not take me to task with what they say,
واجعلني خيرًا مما يظنون،
and make me better than what they presume
واغفر لي ما لا يعلمون،
and forgive me for what they do not know.’
So I say – following him:
اللهم لا تؤاخذني بما يقولون، واجعلني خيرًا مما يظنون، واغفر لي ما لا يعلمون،

O Allah do not take me to task with what they say, and make me better than what they presume and forgive me for what they do not know.

taha_
11-16-2019, 01:38 AM
Assalam o alaikum rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu.

Could you explain this a bit?

JazakAllah khair

'Abdullah
11-16-2019, 05:56 PM
Assalam o alaikum rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu.

Could you explain this a bit?

JazakAllah khair
Wa Alaikum Assalm Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh brother Taha,

When someone praises someone’s piety or character or patience, there is possibility that the person may start thinking that I am better than others. A true Muslim shall always humble him/herself and know that all praises belong to Allah Subahanahu Wa Taala and even if one lives a perfect life by following Islam, we will not enter Jannah without God’s Mercy.

Second, often time people only see good or bad side of a person and they judge them based on what they see. Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala is the best Judge as He knows everything.

With that said, if someone ever praises you for anything then the above dua is a perfect Supplication as it keeps one humble all the time. It asks Allah Subahanahu Wa Taala to make one better than what others think and asks Allah Subahanahu Wa Taala to forgive our those sins which are not known to the one who is praising them.

I love this dua because it reminds us that praise from other human beings is only possible if Allah puts the love of us in their hearts and reminds us to stay humble and be more thankful to Allah Subahanahu Wa Taala for giving us honor in the eyes of other people.

Hope it makes sense, if not feel free to ask as we learn by asking questions. Those who don’t question, may develop skepticism which is far more dangerous than asking questions which may sound childish.

I love you for the sake of Allah Subahanahu Wa Taala and I ask Allah to keep love in our hearts for all fellow Muslims! Ameen!

Ma’a Salama

taha_
11-17-2019, 06:11 AM

Masha Allah. You could tell us more daily duas that will be useful

May Allah for whose Sake you love me, also love you.

JazakAllah Khair

'Abdullah
11-18-2019, 05:44 PM

Masha Allah. You could tell us more daily duas that will be useful

May Allah for whose Sake you love me, also love you.

JazakAllah Khair
Assalam O Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

Ameen to your duas! Inshallah I will create a new thread for Prophetic duas from Quran and Sunnah.

Ma'a Salama.

'Abdullah
11-27-2019, 02:06 AM

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.