/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to love for the sake of Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala

'Abdullah
11-20-2019, 05:16 PM
It is narrated on the authority of 'Abdullah b. 'Amr (radi Allahu anhu) that a man asked the Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) which of the merits (is superior) in Islam. He (the Holy Prophet) remarked:
That you provide food and extend greetings to one whom you know or do not know.Anas bin Malik (radi Allahu anhu) reported that the Prophet Muhammad (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said:

There are three qualities whoever has them, will taste the sweetness of Iman:
1. To love Allah Subhanhu Wa Taala and His Messenger (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) more than anyone else
2. To love a slave (of Allah) only for (the sake of) Allah;
3. And to hate returning to infidelity after Allah has saved him from it as he would hate to be thrown into the fire (of Hell). [Sahih Bukhari 16, Sahih Muslim 43]
Narrated Abu Huraira (radi Allahu anhu) that The Prophet ( sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said:
Seven (people) will be shaded by Allah by His Shade on the Day of Resurrection when there will be no shade except His Shade. (They will be):
1. A just ruler,
2. A young man who has been brought up in the worship of Allah,
3. A man who remembers Allah in seclusion and his eyes are then flooded with tears,
4. A man whose heart is attached to mosques (offers his compulsory congregational prayers in the mosque),
5. Two men who love each other for Allah’s Sake,
6. A man who is called by a charming lady of noble birth to commit illegal sexual intercourse with her, and he says, ‘I am afraid of Allah,’ and
7. A man who gives in charity so secretly that his left hand does not know what his right hand has given. [Sahih Bukhari 6806]
Mu’adh binJabal (radi Allahu anhu) narrated that the Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said:
Allah, the Mighty and Sublime, said: ‘Those who love each other for the sake of My Majesty shall be upon podiums of light, and they will be admired by the Prophets and the martyrs.' [Jami` at-Tirmidhi 2390]
Abu Huraira (radi Allahu anhu) reported Allah’s Apostle ( sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) as saying:
A person visited his brother in another town and Allah deputed an Angel to wait for him on his way and when he came to him he said: Where do you intend to go? He said: I intend to go to my brother in this town. He said: Have you done any favor to him (the repayment of which you intend to get)? He said: No, excepting this that I love Mm for the sake of Allah, the Exalted and Glorious. Thereupon he said: I am a messenger to you from, Allah: (to inform you) that Allah loves you as you love him (for His sake) [Sahih Muslim 2567]
Before you read further, please read these hadith few more times and imagine what our life will be with out Islam? How one will not fall in love with Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and Islam after reading these hadiths? Is not Islam the best gift from Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala? Is not Islam the ultimate Mercy to human kind from Allah SUhanahu Wa Taala? If you think so, thanks Allah Subahanhu Wa Taala by prostrating and send Darood on Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) before reading rest of the post.

Above hadiths signifies the importance of loving others for the sake of Allah. If we do so then we can have reward in this word in the form of feeling the sweetness of faith and love of Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala and on the day of judgement those who loved each other for the sake of Allah will be under the shade of His throne while prophets and martyrs will be praising them. So in other words, we will have success in both worlds if we can learn how to love each other for the sake of Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala. These hadiths pretty much summarize Islam in its practical form for us. Islam is not just about worshipping Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala, Islam is about changing yourself to change the people and society around you. What was the mission of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)? Quran says:
Indeed, in this [Quran] is notification for a worshiping people. And We have not sent you, [O Muhammad], except as a mercy to the worlds. [Quran: 21:106-107]
Above verses tell us that the mission of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was to be mercy to the worlds. Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was last messenger and he is no more with us but he has given us the final revelation from Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala in the form of Quran and in the form of his teachings. It is our duty to continue his mission and be kind of human beings by loving others for the sake of Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala. Loving someone for the sake of Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala comes in two ways: in your heart and with your deeds. You love someone for the sake of Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala in your heart because of their position with Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala and this starts with loving Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala, the prophets, messengers and everyone who follows them. You should have this love in your heart for other Muslims. Outwardly means that you support that person in the good deeds they do and you respect and defend them according to their good deeds. This means you don’t love them because you know them very well or they brought you a direct benefit or they have a nice appearance: you love and support them because of their efforts to please Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala.

In this thread I will discuss some of the ways we can achieve this love for one another so that we all can benefit from the two hadiths I mentioned above. Please share the post and spread the word to earn Sadaqa Jariya.

1. Love Allah and his Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) more than anything else:
In order to love others for the sake of Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala we must first love Allah and his messenger above all else. Loving for the sake of Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala is the truest expression of faith because it reflects the totality of submission to Allah’s decrees. Love becomes an act of worship. It generates a compassion within that compels you to help others purely to gain the pleasure of Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala. Any act of charity strengthens that compassion. Islamic character is strengthened through this unselfish love. The poor, the sick, the oppressed are all reminders of the person you want to be because those in need present you with the opportunity to take action in order to develop into that person. Loving for the sake of Allah reminds you of the ultimate goal. And the only way to love Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala is through the Sunnah of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). All four Imam's of madhabs have forbidden blindly following Islam and they all have said if their ruling goes against an authentic hadith then don't follow them, but follow the one Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala has told us to follow in Quran:
He who obeys the Messenger has obeyed Allah. [Quran, 4:80]
Say: If your fathers, your sons, your brothers, your wives, your tribe, the wealth you have gained, the trade you fear may slacken, and the home you delight in are more loved by you than Allah and His Messenger and striving in His cause, then wait till Allah brings about His command. Allah guides not the corrupt. [Quran, 9:24]
So believe in Allah and His Messenger and the Qur'an which We have sent down. And Allah is Acquainted with what you do. [Quran, 64:8]
There are countless hadiths on the importance of love for Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), I will just quote a few to remind ourselves:
None of you believes until he loves me more than his father, his children and the whole of mankind [Bukhari 14, Muslim 44]
All my nation will enter Paradise save those who refuse. They asked: O Messenger of Allah, who would refuse? He replied: Whoever obeys me will enter Paradise, whoever disobeys me has in fact refused. [Sahih Al-Bukhari, 7280]
Love of Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala and His Messenger (peace be upon him) is the foundation and key to everything else. If this foundation is weak then our actions will be incomplete, our dealing with others will be problematic but if this foundation is good then everything else will fall in right place. This is the reason for first 10 years of Islam there was so much focus on building the faith. Once faith was established, then other acts of worship were slowly made obligatory.

2. Promote the greetings of peace-Say Assalam O Alaikum to each other:
It is more commonplace nowadays to not give the Islamic greeting to strangers, and even those whom you know, due to embarrassment or bad blood between people. Whatever your personal feelings are, remember that giving salam fosters love and good will, because you are actively wishing peace for that person. Remember, Allah says:
They will not hear therein [Paradise] ill speech or commission of sin – Only a saying: “Peace, peace.” [Quran, 56: 25-26]
Don’t we want to be of those in Jannah who give the greeting of peace to others? Therefore, spread the greeting of Paradise now, and insha'Allah the reward will be great.
There are also several hadiths which promote this message. I will quote few hadiths below which are self explanatory:
By Him in Whose Hand my soul is, you will not enter Paradise unless you believe, and you will not believe unless you love each other. Should I direct you to something that if you constantly did it, you would love each other? Spread the greetings of peace among you. [Sahih Muslim 54]
Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr: A man asked the Prophet , What sort of deeds or (what qualities of) Islam are good? The Prophet replied, 'To feed (the poor) and greet those whom you know and those whom you do not Know. [Sahih Bukhari 28, Sahih Muslim 39]
O people, spread peace, feed the hungry, and pray at night when people are sleeping and you will enter Paradise in peace. [Sunan al-Tirmidhi 2485]
There are no two Muslims who meet and shake hands with one another, but they will be forgiven before they part. [Abu Dawood 5212; classed as sahih by al-Albaani]
3.Show affection and express your feelings:
Many a time we don’t verbally express how much we love someone, but this is an important thing to do. Islam encourages showing affection and love towards each other all the time. In a Hadeeth, Prophet Muhammad (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said:
Anas (RA) reported that a man was with the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, when a man passed by him and said:
“O Messenger of Allah, I love this man.”
The Prophet said to him, “Have you informed him?”
He said, “No.”
He said, “Inform him,”
and he caught up with him and said, “I love you for the sake of Allah.”
He said, “The One for whom you love me has made me love you.” [Abu Dawud]
So you express your love to your spouse, your children, your parents, and your brothers and sisters! Simple words will increase love in the hearts, and you will be known to Allah and amongst people, that you are a loving person.

4.Give gifts:
Quran says:
Could the reward for goodness be anything but goodness? [Quran 55:60]
The Beloved wife of the Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam), Aisha (RA) has narrated that he (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said:
Exchange presents with one another. Presents remove ill-will from the hearts. [Tirmidhi]
This is obvious, if you want to forge a relationship with someone, or you wish to apologize for a mistake then gifts will work most of the time. Of course it depends on the magnitude of the mistake, sometimes giving a present does not work as well as a sincere apology. It should be noted from this narration that presents should definitely be exchanged in the reconciliation process, between two friends or family members. This will help mend the relationship which suffered due to a person’s error.
It is narrated by Jabir (RA) that the Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said:
If a present is made to anyone, and he has something to give in return, he should offer it, and if he has nothing to give (in return), he should praise him (by way of gratitude), and say a good word on his behalf. Whoever did it, fulfilled the claim of gratitude, and whoever did not, and concealed a favor (done to him), was guilty of ingratitude, and whoever flaunts a virtue that has not been granted to him is like a man who wears a double cloak of deception.[Tirmidhi, Abu Dawud]
This narration informs us that if a person receives a present then he should try to offer something in return. If he is unable to do so, he should utter a word of goodness for him and speak of his kindness to others. This too will be counted as an act of gratitude. Contrary to this, a person will be deemed ungrateful if he receives a gift and does not even say ‘Jazaak Allah’, and hides it from others.

5.Smile:
A person who meets others with a smile drives away their anxiety and troubles and spreads tranquility and comfort. This is because smiling is a commendable characteristic, and the one who smiles is complimented.
Abu Dharr (RA) reported that the Prophet Muhammad (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said:
Charity is prescribed for each descendant of Adam every day the sun rises.
He was then asked:
“From what do we give charity every day?”
The Prophet answered:
“The doors of goodness are many... enjoining good, forbidding evil, removing harm from the road, listening to the deaf, leading the blind, guiding one to the object of his need, hurrying with the strength of one’s legs to one in sorrow who is asking for help, and supporting the feeble with the strength of one’s arms — all of these are charity prescribed for you.”
He also said: “Your smile for your brother is charity.” [At-Tirmidhi, 1879]
Often we think of charity as being monetary in nature. The simplicity of Islam teaches us otherwise, isn’t that great? Why are practicing Muslims so serious and don't smile? How many times have you passed someone walking through a mall, in a hallway at school, on the bus, a train, or in the office where you work, and noticed that no one was smiling? This is often the case among Muslims, which is a contributing factor to the misconception that to be Muslim means being serious all the time; never laughing or having fun. Ironically, this is quite contrary to the Sunnah , as Prophet Muhammad (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam), was well-known for his congenial nature and smile. One such Hadith, narrated by Jarir ibn Abdullah Al-Bajali states:
The Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) never refused to see me from the time I became Muslim, and whenever he saw me he would smile at me… (Ibn Majah, 159)
6. Visit People especially those who are sick:
Visiting sick is one of the right which a Muslim has over another Muslim but sadly we are so much absorbed in our materialistic life that we are ignoring this fundamental right of Muslims. This is one of the reason why we don't find true love for one another in this time and age. When people visit each other in good health, bonds of brotherhood and friendship are strengthened. How then when people visit each other in times of sickness and poor or failing health? Illustrating the empathy that Muslims are required to feel for each other, Prophet Muhammad, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him, said:
The parable of the Believers in their mutual love and mercy is like that of a living body: if one part feels pain, the whole body suffers in sleeplessness and fever. [Sahih Bukhari 5665, Sahih Muslim 2586]
Visiting the sick is from the clearest signs of such mutual love, mercy and empathy. Below are some of hadiths which speak about that the importance of visiting sick:
Abu Hurairah (radi Allahu anhu) reported:
The Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said, "Verily, Allah, the Exalted, and Glorious will say on the Day of Resurrection: 'O son of Adam, I was ill but you did not visit Me."
He would say: 'O my Rubb, how could I visit you and You are the Rubb of the worlds?'
Thereupon He would say: 'Did you not know that such and such a slave of Mine was ill but you did not visit him? Did you not realize that if you had visited him (you would have known that I was aware of your visit to him, for which I would reward you) you would have found Me with him?
O son of Adam, I asked food from you but you did not feed Me.'
He would submit: 'My Rubb, how could I feed You and You are the Rubb of the worlds?'
He would say: 'Did you not know that such and such a slave of Mine asked you for food but you did not feed him? Did you not realize that if you had fed him, you would certainly have found (its reward) with Me?
O son of Adam, I asked water from you but you did not give it to Me.'
He would say: 'My Rubb, how could I give You (water) and You are the Rubb of the worlds?'
Thereupon He would say: 'Such and such a slave of Mine asked you for water to drink but you did not give it to him. Did you not realize that if you had given him to drink you would have found (its reward) with Me?"[Muslim]
When a Muslim visits a sick Muslim at dawn, seventy thousand angels keep on praying for him till dusk. If he visits him in the evening, seventy thousand angels keep on praying for him till the morning; and he will have (his share of) reaped fruits in Jannah.[Tirmidi]
He who visits his brother in Faith, will remain engaged in picking the fresh fruits from the garden of Jannah till he returns.[Muslim]
Prophet Muhammad (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) even used to visit the sick who were not Muslims. We should follow the Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) and should visit sick people who are Muslims or non-Muslims. This is an excellent way to show the beauty of Islam and giving Dawah. May Allah help us all to bring back this Sunnah and make it part of our daily routine! Ameen!

7. Don't hold grudges, hasten to forgive:
One of the main reason that we find it difficult to love others is that we love to judge others and forget about our own mistakes and faults. Our mistakes and faults can be a great blessing if we remember them constantly. When we make mistakes we expect others to immediately forgive us, but how can we expect immediate e forgiveness and good treatment from others if we hold grudges for others. Sometimes the reason we can’t forgive is that we don’t see our own flaws. We spend our lives holding onto the wrongs others have done to us, but we don’t see all the wrongs we have also done to others.
This is not the attitude of a true Muslim. A true Muslim loves to forgive others for the sake of Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala and always remembers his/her faults because it makes us more humble and allow us to achive the taqwa. A true Muslim always goes to bed with no malice in heart for anyone and he/she should be doing so not to expect any favors from people but to seek the pleasure of Allah Subahanahu Wa Taala. So be the person who forgives fast, and only thinks about the positive qualities others’ possess. With dua and sincere intention, Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala will grant us the ability to ignore negative suspicions and help us master this problem. Below are some hadiths signifying this point:
Abu Huraira (radi Allahu anhu) reported Allah's Messenger (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) as saying:
Avoid suspicion, for suspicion is the gravest lie in talk and do not be inquisitive about one another and do not spy upon one another and do not feel envy with the other, and nurse no malice, and nurse no aversion and hostility against one another. And be fellow-brothers and servants of Allah.[Sahih Muslim 2563]
Anas b. Malik (radi Allahu anhu) reported Allah's Messenger (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) as saying:
Neither nurse mutual hatred, nor jealousy, nor enmity, and become as fellow brothers and servants of Allah. It is not lawful for a Muslim that he should keep his relations estranged with his brother beyond three days. [Sahih Muslim 2558]
Abu Huraira (radi Allahu anhu)reported it as a marfu' hadith (and the words are):
The deeds are presented on every Thursday and Monday and Allah, the Exalted and Glorious. grants pardon to every person who does not associate anything with Allah except the person in whose (heart) there is rancour against his brother. It would be said: Put both of them off until they are reconciled.[Sahih Muslim 2565]
Abu Huraira (radi Allahu anhu) reported:
The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Charity does not decrease wealth, no one forgives another but that Allah increases his honor, and no one humbles himself for the sake of Allah but that Allah raises his status.[Sahih Muslim 2588]
Above hadiths clearly explains the dire consequences of holding grudges against our Muslim brothers and sisters. In summary who so ever does so will not enter paradise until they reconcile with each other. So, make peace with your Muslim brothers and sisters because you don’t know at which point the angel of death may strike. This is why you should never sleep on an argument – especially with those you love.
May Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala make us an ummah with the ability to forgive and never hold grudges against each other! Ameen!

8. Pray for others in their absence

It was narrated from Anas (radi Allahu anhu) that the Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said:
By the One in Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, none of you has believed until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself of goodness.[Sunan an-Nasa'i 5017]
I often wonder how can we develop this kind of attitude? May be the easiest thing to do is making sincere dua for others in their absence. This will develop pure love for others in your heart. Also, try to learn about others people’s situations and their wants and needs. This will help you understand why they behave in a particular manner and lead you to make specific dua for their hardships.

9. Love yourself keeping in mind death and afterlife

This final point may sound confusing but let me clarify that when I said loving yourself, it is keeping in mind the rewards of good deeds after death. We know this world is temporary and after life is eternal. Whatever we are doing in this life is being multiplied and stored by Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala for us. Loving yourself is not about being selfish or arrogant. Loving and accepting yourself will ensure that you are a happy and healthy person. It means that you are content with what Allah has given you, and you embrace your flaws and work to better them. Loving yourself means that you are able to be grateful for your blessings, and wish the same for your fellow brothers and sisters. You understand that you are valuable to the ummah and that your actions can bring benefit to society. Feelings of bitterness and jealousy can never enter your heart, so you are able to love others easily and sincerely. To summarize this point; when you love others, you are loving your true nature. That's why most happy people in the world are those who help others and who put others first because in reality that's how they are finding peace and love within themselves. I hope that's not to philosophical :)

If every single one of us loved one another for the sake of Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala where would we as an Ummah be? If the desire to obtain the blessing of Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala through love was everyone’s goal the world would be different. The poor and needy wouldn’t be shunned. The helpless and oppressed wouldn’t be ignored. To love for the sake of Allah is to love for your brother what you would for yourself and to stand against anything less. The plight of those in need would grab hold of your heart as it would if you truly began to see them as brothers and sisters. Although we may not know each other and we may be separated by distance, we are all connected and united under the most important and eternal banner of Allah the All Mighty.

Brothers and sisters we need to clear the fog and visualize the true path. How abundant these rewards are! However sometimes when quibbles and arguments dig holes between people and when misunderstandings or mistreatment creates further disagreements and distances, it’s hard to think optimistically about that situation. But keeping in mind the prolific amount of rewards in the hereafter, it will be motivating us to be patient and positive.Let's renew our intentions that whatever we are doing, it is just for Allah’s sake and for the ones who might feel it hard, it won’t be though anymore because if you are reminding yourself that each and every act is for the Merciful, automatically when you meet and greet people, this intent will be present in your mind.

I love you all and ask you to pray that may Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala give me and you the strength and ability to exercise all what I said above. Ameen!
I ask Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala to help us to be the best ambassadors of Islam! Ameen!
I ask Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala to give us the best character so that we can imitate our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)! Ameen!
I ask Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala to unite Muslims! Ameen!

Ma'a Salama

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
taha_
11-20-2019, 05:28 PM
Assalam o alaikum rahamutullahi barakuthu.

May Allah for whose Sake you love, also love you...

This is beauitful, yet it is ignored! Islam is about sharing love and showing mercy. Those who are islamphobia will always spread hate no matter what.

It is sad, that most of people in our ummah, have became extremist. Instead of spreading Quran and Sunnah with love and mercy, they all speak very seriously. I dont like this. But when I read some people who spreads the message with love, I feel happy..

Perhaps we could start our own non profit organization, spreading Quran and Sunnah over the whole world, only for sake of Allah. I had this thought some time ago.

JazakAllah khair.

'Abdullah
11-21-2019, 04:38 PM
@taha_

There are already several non-profit organization who are working to spread Quran and Sunnah. I will list few websites below for those who are interested to look into Islam at a deeper level. It needs dedicated, sincerity and time and of course we need to put away our biases and keep an open mind to listen to scholars from all madhabs if they are teaching to unite the Ummah. Stay away from any scholar who promotes sects in Islam.

Below are the links to such organizations:
http://www.peacetv.tv/
http://www.islamiconlineuniversity.com/
https://bayyinahtv.com/index.php
http://www.huda.tv/
http://www.muslimheritage.com/
https://www.madinaharabic.com/
https://islamhouse.com/en/
https://www.islamweb.net/en/
https://sunnah.com/
https://islamqa.info/en

These are just a few and I am sure you can find lot more if you search online.

I am thinking to start my own YouTube channel very soon Insha'Allah just to contribute what I can to spread the message of Islam. It becomes little hard when one has a full time job and a family with small kids. But I have an intention to do so very soon, just pray that Allah Subahanhu Wa Taala make it easy for me to launch my channel soon. We all need to put a sincere effort and it is up to Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala to put His blessings in whatever we do. This forum in itself is a good source to give Dawah.

May Allah help us to preach the right message of Islam, only to please Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala. Ameen!

taha_
11-21-2019, 04:51 PM
Assalam o Alaikum Rahamutullahi Barakuthu.

I am studying under Islamic Online University. It also suprised me that Dr Bilal Philip is against blindly following madhab. However I dont follow him, i just learn from him only.

In sha Allah you will be succuesful in your youtube channel, you just need to put trust in Allah alone. May Allah bless you and help you. in sha Allah...

JazakAllah khair

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.