/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is my income halal?

SEB
11-24-2019, 11:10 PM
I have been suffering from was-was in many areas and the latest is about whether the income from my job is halal. It has consumed my thoughts over the last few days so I would really appreciate some advice.

My workplace offers staff the option to sometimes work from home and my manager told me she is happy me to do this. Only problem is that you need access to an app to access the workplace IT system from home. This costs the department £69 per person and my head of department said he wouldn't pay for it for me. I then worked on a project for another manager and he offered to pay for the app out of his budget. When he agreed, he assumed I already have access to the app and he was only paying for an updated version. I panicked and said that I did have access a long time ago but I don't now. He was fine with it and paid for the app. Since then I have returned to my old department and regularly work from home. My manager knows that I do this and doesn't have a problem with it. She even got the head of department to approve access to another updated version of the app a few months ago, but this time for free as I already had access to the old version.

My question is that, because I was not 100% honest when I got the access to the app so I can work from home paid for, is the income I get when working from home halal? This has really been bothering me and I have repented for lying to the manager who gave me access but I need to know whether my income is halal. To be honest, I cannot even remember exactly what I told him when he asked me if I already have access to the app. I know that I was vague in my answer and lied a little bit but am not sure exactly how.

Any advice would be really appreciated. Hope the above is not too confusing.

JazakAllah Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
keiv
11-24-2019, 11:45 PM
I can't say halal or haram, but if it's bothering you, just save up enough money to equal what the app costs and give it out as sadaqah or something.

Ahmed.
11-25-2019, 11:02 PM
:wa:

It's best to tell the guy who paid for the app, the truth. I think he'd probably say 'don't worry about it, it's ok', and that will make the app a hundred percent halal :)

In the worst case, he'll just ask you to pay for the app.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.