/* */

PDA

View Full Version : English translations of lesser known hadith collections

Musa Muhd
11-27-2019, 04:04 AM
I know of sunnah.com, but are there any available English translations (even partial) of the lesser known hadith collections? Like Sahih Ibn Hibban, Sunan al-Darimi, Sahih Ibn Khuzaymah, Al Mustadrak alaa al-Sahihain, Sunan al-Kubra lil Behaqi, etc?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Musa Muhd
11-28-2019, 10:17 PM
I ask because I have seen some people on twitter posting specific hadith from some of these books with the English translation. I have tried looking through google but have been unsuccessful. Maybe there are incomplete translations somewhere? Like maybe someone is in the process of translating them to English?

taha_
11-29-2019, 04:04 PM
Assalam o Alaikum Rahamutullahi wa Barakuthu.

maybe you could try buy hard copy? That might be useful. Allah knows best.

Musa Muhd
11-30-2019, 01:25 AM
Walaikum salam Rahamutullahi wa Barakuthu
I can't read Arabic. I have difficulties with learning the language, even memorizing Quran is very difficult for me. I have read most of the Kutub-al-Sittah in English. I only have a small part left of Sunan an-Nasa'i then I just have Sunan Ibn Majah and Muwatta Malik left. I know that the six hadith collections weren't exactly chosen because they were the best (with the exception of Bukhari and Muslim) but were just ones an Islamic ruler favored. There are tons of other hadith collections that are available that I would be interested in looking at.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
taha_
11-30-2019, 05:35 AM
Assalam o alaikum rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

I meant the translated hard copy, isnt that available?

JazakAllah khair

Musa Muhd
11-30-2019, 06:06 PM
As far as I am aware of, there aren't any translated copies of collections of hadith that are not listed on sunnah.com. The collection that are listed on sunnah.com are Sahih al-Bukhari, Sahih Muslim, Sunan an-Nasa'i, Sunan Abi Dawud, Jami' at-Trimidhi, Sunan Ibn Majah, Muwatta Malik, 40 Hadith Nawawi, Riyad as-Salihin, Al-Adab Al-Mufrad, 40 Hadith Qudsi, Shama'il Muhammadiyah, and Bulugh al-Maram.

Although, only a couple of decades ago there were barely any Islamic books that were translated into the English language, so hopefully more and more books will keep being translated into English Insha Allah.

taha_
12-01-2019, 10:37 AM
Assalam o Alaikum Rahamutullahi wa bauraukuthu

In sha Allah. But you can learn Arabic easily, just put strong trust in Allah, ask Him to help you learn Arabic, there are online arabic courses available. You need to not give up and have some patience. May Allah help you..

JazakAllah khair

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.