/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Weak Hadith? Argument with Muslim

Islami.Mu'mina
11-30-2019, 11:03 PM
Assalamu alaykum. My friend (wears hijab) often tries to get me to stop doing a religious practice of mine because I'm too "extreme". Every time I give her evidence she just tells me the hadith is weak, this is with many things.
For example, we got to the matter of music once. I told her about that one hadith ( saying that there will be a time where the ummah makes instruments lawful). After this she says it is weak and she says that ladies played music during weddings. I'm pretty sure that is inaccurate because I do remember a hadith about two girls singing while playing the duff at a wedding but nothing else. I told her that but she said I'm wrong.

I often just shaft her when she does this because I don't want it to turn into an annoying argument. It has been quite annoying though and I have told her to stop. Now she claims that Muslim women only need to wear an abaya and not cover the hair.

Is there any way I can somehow get her into the right mindset? Or should I just keep shafting these arguments?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Musa Muhd
12-01-2019, 12:09 AM
There are many hadith that prohibit music/women singing…and they are not all weak. The same goes for how women should dress. Denying hadith (by simply labeling them ‘weak’) that certain Muslims don’t like seems to be becoming much more common as time goes on. Some Muslims will do whatever they want to do no matter what evidence there is against it. I don’t know what you mean by ‘shafting the arguments’ but often times arguing does little to change other people’s opinions. If she is making these statements in front of other Muslims, it might be better to argue with her and offer sound evidence to back up your opinions just so she doesn’t misguide others. You are not being 'extreme'. It seems like you are just trying to stick with the bare minimum requirements of Islam, which some people just don't want to do.

taha_
12-01-2019, 04:25 PM
Assalam o alaikum rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu.

Try not to get into arguement , this can create bad feeling and hatred against muslims, I suggest installing Hadith Collection in your phone so it will be easier for you to correct your sister. Otherwise use sunnah.com

It is wrong to uncover the hair. This is against Allah command. Allah says in Quran

“O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies (i.e. screen themselves completely except the eyes or one eye to see the way). That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And Allaah is Ever Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful”

[al-Ahzaab 33:59]

Did Allah make any exception of hair? NO.

Again I suggest that you dont go into arguement and disagreement. Continue your act of worship. Your hijab is for Allah not for your sister or anyone. Continue focusing on Quran and Sunnah and dont follow anyone blindly. May Allah show His mercy to you and your sister

JazakAllah khair

Islami.Mu'mina
12-01-2019, 06:43 PM
Yeah I guess I should not keep on trying to persuade unless she is misguiding others

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.