/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Career advice for a Muslimah, Ideas and help needed!

Islami.Mu'mina
12-01-2019, 11:39 PM
Assalamu alaykum warahmatullahi wa barakatu

I have to start going to college soon. I'm trying to go for only four years (bachelors) because I don't want to be in too much debt (no interest) and I wanna quickly pay everything off. I'm very stressed because I have no idea what I want to be:hiding::hiding:. I have thought of becoming something like an islamic teachers but there aren't any jobs around here so it might be pointless.

So I have two questions.
1) Do you guys have any ideas for a female muslimah? I don't want to go into jobs that deal with haram content such as physical touching and stuff.
2) I actually had an idea. It is to become a social worker. If you don't know what it is, it is basically helping people out in different ways. Like helping individuals with depression and helping families get along. But the thing is, I would have to counsel with individuals in private rooms. Sometimes I will be with a man alone. Would this be haram? I really wanted to do this because I enjoy helping others and it's like the only thing I am motivated to do. But if it is not considered permissible in this case, I will give it up.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
taha_
12-02-2019, 01:56 AM
Assalam o alaikum rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu.

1st
Depends on your field.

2nd

If it is mixed. Not good. but if you focus on helping women especially those who faced domestic abuse with good intentions for sake of Allah. It would be better. Regarding man alone. That is haram. Nothing wrong being alone with women as long as there is no fitnah like lustful feeling. You could ask your authorities about it, ask them that you want to work with women only and that you are not comfortable with men alone.. Allah knows best

You can work in orphanage where you will help and take care of orphans or start your organisation based on that in sha Allah... Or if you do like animals then start your animal shelter. There are many ways to help with people. I can't remember, Allah knows best.

JazakAllah khair

'Abdullah
12-02-2019, 07:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islami.mu'min
Assalamu alaykum warahmatullahi wa barakatu

I have to start going to college soon. I'm trying to go for only four years (bachelors) because I don't want to be in too much debt (no interest) and I wanna quickly pay everything off. I'm very stressed because I have no idea what I want to be:hiding::hiding:. I have thought of becoming something like an islamic teachers but there aren't any jobs around here so it might be pointless.

So I have two questions.
1) Do you guys have any ideas for a female muslimah? I don't want to go into jobs that deal with haram content such as physical touching and stuff.
2) I actually had an idea. It is to become a social worker. If you don't know what it is, it is basically helping people out in different ways. Like helping individuals with depression and helping families get along. But the thing is, I would have to counsel with individuals in private rooms. Sometimes I will be with a man alone. Would this be haram? I really wanted to do this because I enjoy helping others and it's like the only thing I am motivated to do. But if it is not considered permissible in this case, I will give it up.
There are many careers you can get into. My personal advice would be to look a career in Islamic education because that's something which can help you immensely not only in this world but also in hereafter. Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:
The best among you are those who learn the Quran and teach it to others [Bukhari 5027]
You can easily find a job in an Islamic school where you can teach Islamic history, Quran and other subjects related to Islamic manners. After having kids if you decided to stay home and home school kids then this experience will also help you to raise and educate your own kids on Islamic principles. Most importantly it will be sadqa jariya ( continuous charity).

Alternatively, you can also pursue a career in secular education. There will be plenty of jobs available for teaching and in my experience women are God gifted with the ability to teach others especially the younger kids. Once again if you decided to quit your job to raise your kids then this experience will help you to home school your kids.

You can also pursue a career in computer sciences because that will give you an opportunity to work from home and will have lot less interaction with opposite gender. Just do what you are passionate about and keep asking Allah to make that a source of good in this world and hereafter.

Hope you find this advice helpful. All the best!

Ma'a Salama

taha_
12-03-2019, 07:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by HabibUrrehman
There are many careers you can get into. My personal advice would be to look a career in Islamic education because that's something which can help you immensely not only in this world but also in hereafter. Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:

You can easily find a job in an Islamic school where you can teach Islamic history, Quran and other subjects related to Islamic manners. After having kids if you decided to stay home and home school kids then this experience will also help you to raise and educate your own kids on Islamic principles. Most importantly it will be sadqa jariya ( continuous charity).

Alternatively, you can also pursue a career in secular education. There will be plenty of jobs available for teaching and in my experience women are God gifted with the ability to teach others especially the younger kids. Once again if you decided to quit your job to raise your kids then this experience will help you to home school your kids.

You can also pursue a career in computer sciences because that will give you an opportunity to work from home and will have lot less interaction with opposite gender. Just do what you are passionate about and keep asking Allah to make that a source of good in this world and hereafter.

Hope you find this advice helpful. All the best!

Ma'a Salama
Masha Allah. She could also share sunnah to these kids espeically miswak. May Allah help her.
OP try this brother advice you might find it helpful.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*charisma*
12-03-2019, 01:56 PM
Assalamu Alaikum,

My suggestion to you is to gain some experiences first before going to college. If you don't know what you want to do yet, then college will be pointless and you will waste your time and money. Instead of potentially spending 50-100k on Uni, you can use it to take varying online courses, short courses for skill and trade (ie. photography, fashion design/alteration, construction, culinary skills, etc.). The great thing about skills is you can combine them and create a great business. Or do some volunteering at a place you'd see yourself working at, then you'll know if this is something you'd want to do. Maybe do a bit of shadowing for jobs you'd never considered before. Look for issues in your area and try to fill in the gap by providing what others cannot provide. You can literally start any type of business and make any type of money if you think creatively and put in the effort.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.