/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Voting - Specifically in the UK General Election on December 12th 2019

ohms
12-02-2019, 11:58 AM
I shouldn't need to say how essential it is to participate, but sadly many Muslims do not vote at all.
Some say it makes no difference (who I suspect have not been paying attention to this election),
and others say it's Haram.

If you are electing representatives, who will attempt to make this country better. A better health
service for all, better public transportation, better public services, better welfare (that many of us
have relied on at some point), how can you say this is not beneficial?

Helping the society around you is important. I don't need to say which parties are trying to do
this, and which have cut service for years (then when things go wrong blame someone else).

I urge Muslims to vote in this election on Dec 12th. The choice, and the difference it will make to
this country, and everyone in it, Muslim and non-Muslim, has never been so stark.

Here's a word on voting from Shaykh Haitham al Haddad:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ahmed.
12-03-2019, 10:40 PM
Vote Conservative! :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.