/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Stepchildren

Mary khurshed
12-03-2019, 04:50 AM
I'm married to a Muslim man and I'm going to convert to Muslim but he said his children couldn't know about me and I couldn't be stepmom to his children and I'm American why is this

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abdullah
12-03-2019, 05:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mary khurshed
I'm married to a Muslim man and I'm going to convert to Muslim but he said his children couldn't know about me and I couldn't be stepmom to his children and I'm American why is this
Marriage in Islam has to be public, there should be nothing to hide. Did you ask him why he did not want his kids to know about this marriage? How old are his kids? Do they live in America as well?
Is his ex wife still alive?

Do you have any kids? And most importantly did you marry him in Islamic way in the presence of two witnesses?

Mary khurshed
12-03-2019, 05:19 AM
We got married at courthouse with witnesses he said his kids to young to understand 14 9 7 10 are the ages ex wife still alive and yes I have boys 27 30 are their ages they live in another state

- - - Updated - - -

He said his kids live with his mom and he wants to bring kids here to us but I couldn't live with him and his kids

'Abdullah
12-03-2019, 05:32 AM
Something does not seem right. Has he divorced his first wife? Where are his kids right now? In US or in some other country. Does he has US nationality? Since when he is living in US? And why can’t you live with him?

I am sorry that I am asking too many questions sister, but it’s all because something does not seem right to me. If he is getting married and has divorced his first wife then his kids need the love of second mom. Kids age is perfectly fine and they could easily adjust at this age. It will be more problematic if they grow little older. The whole point of marriage is to start a family and family would be incomplete if kids don’t live with you and if your husband does not live with you either.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mary khurshed
12-03-2019, 05:36 AM
The kids in Pakistan and he is working on US citizenship I saw divorce papers it doesn't seem right to me and I don't understand

- - - Updated - - -

He not in US illegally

Mary khurshed
12-03-2019, 05:42 AM
The kids in Pakistan and he is working on US citizenship I saw divorce papers it doesn't seem right to me and I don't understand

'Abdullah
12-03-2019, 05:48 AM
From which part of Pakistan? Do you have copy of his divorce papers?

If I understand correctly he is neither US citizen nor does he has green card? On which visa he has come in USA and since when he is here? What type of job he has? What’s his education?

- - - Updated - - -

What’s your and his age difference?

Musa Muhd
12-03-2019, 04:13 PM
My wife is going through the immigration process to the US, and I am a US citizen. Once someone from another country marries a US citizen they become ineligible for a travel visa to come into the US. If you got married to him while he was visiting the country by travel visa, once his travel visa expires in order to comply with US law he will have to go back to Pakistan and stay there until you complete all of the required citizenship paperwork/process which will take at least a year, possibly 2 years or more to complete. If he overstays his visa and doesn't go back to Pakistan, it is very likely that they will not give him citizenship since he broke US law. They will consider him an illegal immigrant.

Ahmed.
12-03-2019, 10:04 PM
:sl:

Sister, I just need answers to 3 questions for me to assess your husbands motives and reasons for not allowing his children to know about you. The answers will help me to put the pieces of the jigsaw together

1. In your court marraige, was there 2 Muslim male or 1 Muslim male a 2 Muslim female witnesses present?

2. Is your husband a religious man and does he know a lot about Islam?

3. Are you converting to Islam out of full conviction that Islam is the true religion from God or is it just a conversion to be more compatible with your husband without you being convinced about its truth?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!