/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What scholars do you mostly listen to?

taha_
12-03-2019, 04:53 PM
Assalam o alaikum rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu.

What is your personal preference of scholars that you listen to their lectures mostly?

JazakAllah khair.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Studentofdeed
12-03-2019, 05:15 PM
Mufti menk, yasir qadhi, hasan ali

taha_
12-03-2019, 05:24 PM
Assalam o alaikum rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu.

While i dont have any preference of scholars. I do like Dr Bilal Philips. Islamic online university is good for seeking islamic knowledge online. masha Allah alhamdulillah.

JazakAllah khair

Musa Muhd
12-03-2019, 06:16 PM
I really liked Bilal Philips tafsir of Surah Kahf series (it is around 30 hours). Abdul Nasir Jangda has some really good in depth tafsir and seerah series too that are good too.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
keiv
12-03-2019, 06:26 PM
Recently, I’ve been loading up my old iPod with lectures from different speakers and I can definitely say some are easier to listen to than others in terms of their style and how they break it down. Some of these are over an hour long so approach can be pretty important. I enjoyed listening to Anwar AlAwlaki’s lectures. A lot of the stories were redundant but he had a lot of good material and his speech was clear.

In any case, may Allah reward all the Muslims who take the time and effort to put together these events.

Ahmed.
12-03-2019, 09:57 PM
:wa:

I used to listen to Shaykh Hamza Yusuf but I lately realised he isn't a trustworthy Scholar.

My new favourite Scholar is, check him out!:

https://youtu.be/IzFFlW6Vl-k

I also listen to Nouman Ali Khan and Mufti Menk, however although Mufti Menk does most of the time say good things, sometimes he can say something that don't acccord to mainstream Islam, so basically, I 'take the good and leave the bad' from him

Removing Negligence and Heedlessness | Mufti Abdur-Rahman ibn Yusuf - YouTube
Shaykh Abdur-Rahman highlights the difference between the creation of the angels and man. The angels are created from light (nur) and their sole purpose is t......

taha_
12-04-2019, 10:19 AM
Assalam o alaikum rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

Masha Allah. May Allah grant them good health and long life. I didnt watch the video you posted, brother Ahmed
It is too lengthy

JazakAllah khair.

Mountains
12-06-2019, 03:25 AM
Khalid Yasin, Nouman, Yusuf Estes, Bilal Philps, Mufti menk and couple of more. I mostly listen to the mainstream salafi sheekhs like these. I avoid Imran Hossien or anyone affiliated with sufism or supersititions. The mainstream salafis keep it simple, classy and pure. May Allah reward them for their dawah works

Mountains
12-06-2019, 03:30 AM
Of the next generation I listen to Saajib Lipham. His a youtuber low-key Islam promoter

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.