/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 5% haram is allowed ! in (halal ?) Invest Company

ahmedc123
12-04-2019, 09:54 AM
Asalaamulaikum !
I came across this company on a Muslim website, i watched the video, and good job i did, because the owner mentions that 5% haram is halal.
I couldnt believe what i was hearing, these people actually promoting it as halal.
I think you dont need to be a so called scholar to know that even 1p of riba is forbidden.

This is like buying a shwarma sandwich with a halal wrapper & label, but when you read the ingredients, it says
5% of the meat is a bacon rasher.

Let me know what you people think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r123...ature=emb_logo

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ahmedc123
12-04-2019, 10:59 AM
Attachment 6818
As far as i can see, they want you to buy shares in a business that has 5% haram, thats okay, because his 'scholar' says so.

- - - Updated - - -

Attachment 6819

Musa Muhd
12-04-2019, 03:22 PM
That is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. Since Yasir Qadhi is Waheed Invest's advisor in their haram/halal investments, this makes me certain that he cannot be taken seriously. I was suspicious of this group from the beginning.

"5% haram is halal" Hah! Where is he getting this from?

ahmedc123
12-04-2019, 04:11 PM
i didnt understand your post, are you saying wahed are halal because Yasir Qadhi approved it ?
From their website they say
" Purification is the cleansing process that requires any investment income that might have been generated from unlawful activities according to Islamic principles be given to charity."
In other words i understand the above quote as saying yes, the 5% haram is given to charity, and that absolves them of that haram.

If this is what they are doing then we could all start gambling with the lottery, as some of the profits go to charity !

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abdullah
12-04-2019, 04:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Musa Muhd
That is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. Since Yasir Qadhi is Waheed Invest's advisor in their haram/halal investments, this makes me certain that he cannot be taken seriously. I was suspicious of this group from the beginning.

"5% haram is halal" Hah! Where is he getting this from?
The direct answer to your post is in #6 in the post below. It will be beneficial if one can read the whole post.

Abu Sa'id al-Khudri (ra) reported that
Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) said:
You would tread the same path as was trodden by those before you inch by inch and step by step so much so that if they had entered into the hole of a Dhab (a desert lizard), you will enter too. We said: O Messenger of Allah, do you mean the Jews and Christians? He said: Who else? (Muslim :: Book 34 : Hadith 6448
In spite of all the favors of Allah the Bani Israel faced the wrath of Allah and the Muslims too are going the same way if you analyze the present scenario on the political front, socio-educational front and all that. So let us see what did the Bani Israeli did that we are also doing.

O People of the book do not commit excess in your religion and do not say about Allah except what is truth.[Quran, 4:171]
There are many stories in Quran about Bani Israel and the point for telling all those stories is to warn Muslims to stay away from what Banu Israel have done. But sadly today almost all the Muslim sects have differed in the concept of Allah, many giving human attributes to Allah which does not suit His Majesty. Some says Allah is physically every where, others argue that no He is on His throne and only comes down near the dawn. There are many sects in Islam who has started debating if Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) is alive and present? There are many sects in Islam who debate whether Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was human being or made of light? Are we following the footsteps of Bani Israel? I am sure we are

The Bani Israel covered the truth with falsehood [Quran 2:42]
With so many sects in the market.
Many so called Muslim scholars have covered truth with false hood to boast their fiqh (religious jurisprudence) upon other sects. There are so many books written on Islam but have distorted the meaning of the Book of Allah through fictitious tales and out of context interpretations.

The Bani Israels believed in some parts of the Torah and rejected other [Quran 2:85].
Today many Islamic books shops sell ‘Punj Surah’ ‘Five Surahs” limiting the reading of Qur’an to five selected Surahs only and they think this is enough for them for salvation and other part not required. There can be an entire editorial written on this issue only.

They were given the Book but did not carry on the responsibilities given to them so their example is the example of a donkey. [Quran 62:5]
Don’t we have many such donkeys in our own community? If you want to check up whether you are one of those donkeys or not just see the verses those salute as “O you who have believed” and check up have you fulfilled those obligations mentioned in those verses?

5. There was a man Samiri who moulded a Calf as god for the Bani Israel and called them to worship it and many worshipped it. We have hundreds of Samiris inviting Muslims to worship taghoots (false gods).

They took up their priests and religious scholars as their Rabb besides Allah. [Quran 9:31]
The prophet explained the verse: it means to take up as haram everything that the religious scholars and priests say and take it as halal every thing they declare to be halal without cross checking them in the book of Allah.

7. Finally last but not the least: They boasted that
‘Fire will not touch as except for a few days’.[Quran 3:24]
Haven’t we heard about this boastful statement in our sermons and gatherings? A noted tabeyeen, student of the sahaba says: I have met many Badri sahaba (those who fought in the battle of Badr) and all of them feared that they were hypocrites. Today most of us are arrogant about our sects and are guaranteed by the leaders of sects that they are indeed the saved sect.

Then what happened to the Bani Israel is happening to us as well.
They were slapped with humiliations and disasters of poverty (the Arabic word zuribat means literally slapping or beating) [QUran 2:61]
If you the read the history you will find that the Bani Israel were scattered and were enslaved by the Persians, the Romans and the Greeks, all of them were super power of their time. Today, haven’t the Super powers of our time subjugated us? Our rulers are invaded and hanged in public, our oil and other mineral wealth is taken away to their lands for their luxury. Our policies are dictated by the US and other super powers. Muslims are being humiliated in every corner of the world, because they have left Quran and the Sunnah. Many of us are Muslims just because we were born as a Muslim. We can't think of changing our madhab but we proudly invite non-Muslims to Islam and expect them to change their entire ideology, culture and religious beliefs. That's the hypocrisy and disease which will not be cured until we want to change ourselves, until we want to hold on to Quran and Sunnah.

WAKE UP MUSLIMS FOR THE SAKE OF ALLAH AND HOLD ON TO QURAN AND SUNNAH!

Musa Muhd
12-04-2019, 07:09 PM
ahmedc123, I am saying that Waheed making that claim is absurd. There are ways to invest without having to have any dealings in bonds, banks, interest carrying items, haram businesses, or anything else that is haram. Waheed invest is a sham. They are a group of liars promoting 'halal investing' when they are completely full of poop. I had suspected this at first, but now that I've seen them make a statement like '5% haram is halal" it is obvious.

I am disappointed in Yasir Qadhi. When I converted to Islam I first learned about the Seerah from his online lectures. I was listening to a few of his series up until the time he started openly advertising for Waheed.

'Abdullah
12-04-2019, 07:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Musa Muhd
ahmedc123, I am saying that Waheed making that claim is absurd. There are ways to invest without having to have any dealings in bonds, banks, interest carrying items, haram businesses, or anything else that is haram. Waheed invest is a sham. They are a group of liars promoting 'halal investing' when they are completely full of poop. I had suspected this at first, but now that I've seen them make a statement like '5% haram is halal" it is obvious.

I am disappointed in Yasir Qadhi. When I converted to Islam I first learned about the Seerah from his online lectures. I was listening to a few of his series up until the time he started openly advertising for Waheed.
Yasir Qadhi has changed ever since he started using his intellect to make sense of religion. This happened most likely after he completed his PHD from Yale and started looking at everything from more critical point of view. Most obvious example of that was his very recent lecture on Ya'jooj Ma'ajooj. Everyone makes mistakes and I truely hope that he realizes his mistakes soon and hopefully correct them. It is important because lot of youth in America listen to him and there is a possibility that they may be mislead because of Yasir Qadhi's wrong interpretations of Islam. This is true especially for those who start following a particular scholar blindly. It is also important because many non-Muslims took a portion of his videos to show that even scholars of Islam have doubts on Islam's authenticity.

And Allah knows the best!

ahmedc123
12-04-2019, 08:27 PM
yes thanks for your clarification, totally agree this company has been setup to make the Ummah dependent on these fake halal 'investments', which they will then defend, even if they were haram. i also listened to YQ, and its true, i found myself worrying about some of his lectures. If he is one of the Wahed 'scholars' then that puts him in very dubious position. It was a matter of time before the global anti-islam agenda tried the carrot, as well as using the stick. They want to do to the Ummah, what they do with their proxy rulers, to incorporate all Muslims into the kufr capitalist system, Attachment 6820.

keiv
12-05-2019, 07:19 PM
I opened an account with them a few months ago but have recently thought about closing it because of the doubts surrounding it. I did do a search on here and wahed seems to have been brought up a few times, but there’s been no real discussion about it. I’d rather be safe than sorry. The fact that he states it’s not 100% halal but still supports them is worrying.

Mountains
12-06-2019, 03:12 AM
lmao. 5% is allowed I have never heard of this before

ahmedc123
12-06-2019, 07:38 PM
what they are saying is, if a business that is in general halal, such as a food shop, but it has a small amount of haram in it, less than 5%, then it is okay to invest in it, as long as the 5% is donated to charity.
My response is, you missed a great opportunity to make 100% halal business investment global network. But i think this is almost impossible? without an Islamic banking system. ie a way to pay for goods in a halal way, 100% independent of the kufr haram capitalist system. Currently i think the Wahed invest is a little cog at layer 2 in the pyramid, that has selected certain businesses, but is still working in the kufr haram banking system
Attachment 6822

hardtimes
12-10-2019, 02:37 AM
I hear an amazing quote from a scholar who said the biggest mufti is your heart, in our heart we know definitely that any percent of interest riba is haram, and I heard a good example for that, someone told me if I was to take a glass of water and dropped just 1 drop of urine in it, would you drink it? I I said of course not, so you tell me if 5% of drinking piss is halal or haram hmm.

Ahmed.
12-10-2019, 10:47 AM

Ahmed.
12-10-2019, 10:54 AM
Wahed investment is twisting an Islamic understanding which is, there will likely be some haram or improper earnings mixed with your earnings and paying of zakaat purifies that. But that don't mean we can deliberately set out to earn 5%haram and consider that halal.

The 'haram' or 'not hundred percent halal' that gets inevitably mixed with our earnings is due to weakness of us humans

ahmedc123
12-10-2019, 05:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed.
Wahed investment is twisting an Islamic understanding which is, there will likely be some haram or improper earnings mixed with your earnings and paying of zakaat purifies that. But that don't mean we can deliberately set out to earn 5%haram and consider that halal.

The 'haram' or 'not hundred percent halal' that gets inevitably mixed with our earnings is due to weakness of us humans
Your post is perfect reply, that is exactly what i was thinking, it is zakat ( and charity ?) that purifies any mistakes, its not for deliberately doing it.

Also, if we follow the Wahed method, ie FITTING IN to your surroundings, we would never establish Islam.

trying to exist by squeezing or even twisting Islamic law into the current setup will always result in being enslaved to it.
Better to start to establish your own rightaway, if even the smallest seed.
Wahed wasted a great opportunity, imagine if they made it 0% haram, 100% halal, but then again, even that has issues, because the whole economic system is built around riba. Even if you dont riba yourself, you are still funding it, one way or another if your money system is connected, which i belive all Muslim banks and currencies are ? and if they are, then 1 billion Muslims are doing riba right now.Attachment 6824
The only alternative is to establish Islamic system, then it will be seperate, and halal.
All the leader would do is get gold, and issue 'money' tokens based on one to one basis. Not fractional. Thats it. Now Wahed can invest and use the halal money.

ahmedc123
12-10-2019, 05:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hardtimes
I hear an amazing quote from a scholar who said the biggest mufti is your heart, in our heart we know definitely that any percent of interest riba is haram, and I heard a good example for that, someone told me if I was to take a glass of water and dropped just 1 drop of urine in it, would you drink it? I I said of course not, so you tell me if 5% of drinking piss is halal or haram hmm.
yes good example, and riba is not only the 'interest' rate of say 5%, it is compounded interest, and also fractional banking. This is a very clever way to get small amount of money from everybody, to make a tiny minority extremely rich. Thats is another reason we have billionares, and people starve to death....these are the rotten fruits

keiv
12-13-2019, 10:00 PM
Here is askimam.com's response to wahed.

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.

According to our research, Wahed Investments invest in shares/stock market. It is permissible to invest in shares/stock market with the following conditions:

[1]
1. The main business of the company is not in violation of Shariah. Therefore, it is not permissible to acquire the shares of the companies providing financial services on interest, like conventional banks, insurance companies, or the companies involved in some other business not approved by the Shariah, such as the companies manufacturing, selling or offering liquors, pork, haram meat, or involved in gambling, night club activities etc.

2. If the main business of the companies is halal, like automobiles, textile, etc. but they deposit their surplus amounts in an interest-bearing account or borrow money on interest, the shareholder must express his disapproval against such dealings, preferably by raising his voice against such activities in the annual general meeting of the company.

3. If some income from interest-bearing accounts is included in the income of the company, the proportion of such income should be given in charity and must not be retained by him. For example, if 4% of the whole income of a company is accrued from interest-bearing deposits, then 4% of the dividend should be given in charity.

4. The shares of a company can be purchased only if the company owns some non-liquid assets. If all the assets of a company are in liquid form, i.e. in the form of money, then that cannot be purchased or sold, except on par value, because in this case the share represents money only and the money cannot be traded in except at par value.

And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best

Hammad Ibn Ismail Jogiat

Student Darul Iftaa
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada

Checked and Approved by,
Mufti Ebrahim Desai.

RisingLight
12-13-2019, 10:54 PM
i have seen pork labeled as ''halal'' so dont be surprised...there are a lot of deviated people,or people deviating on purpose...may Allah guide them

ahmedc123
12-15-2019, 09:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by RisingLight
i have seen pork labeled as ''halal'' so dont be surprised...there are a lot of deviated people,or people deviating on purpose...may Allah guide them
There is a global crusade to mislead Muslim Ummah using all means, and one of those means is by exploiting ignorance and giving so called 'fatwas' to do so. If you are starving to death, and you could save your life, THEN, haram meat such as pork is only allowed in a small quantity, to save your life.

ahmedc123
12-15-2019, 09:20 PM
Muslim Ummah must engage the non-Mulim world from an Islamic system. We must NOT try and squeeze & erode Islamic ways to fit inside the systems of kufr way of life, as this will be assisting with, and be enslaved by, so it will be helping kufr.
The kufr way is mainly the Capitalist way, and that is one of the ways of life that Islam came to change.
Capitalism, worships money over all other things, it is the cause of all wars, and the cause of western exploitation of Muslim Ummahs, so how can anyone contemplate working with it, or working alongside it, or actually joining it ? When Islam came to dominate over all other ways of life. When Muslims were offered a slice of kufr action, they refused.
attachmentphp?attachmentid6824&ampd1575997917&ampthumb1 -

Ahmed.
12-15-2019, 11:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahmedc123
There is a global crusade to mislead Muslim Ummah using all means, and one of those means is by exploiting ignorance and giving so called 'fatwas' to do so. If you are starving to death, and you could save your life, THEN, haram meat such as pork is only allowed in a small quantity, to save your life.
I think pork labelled as halal is a mockery of Islam rather than trying to mislead Muslims as every Muslim knows that its haram. Even the non-Muslims know its haram to Muslims so this is another mockery of Islam :(.

keiv
12-16-2019, 11:56 AM
I guess my question about the topic of investment is, where does the ruling for the 4% or 5% come from? Does this go back to the prophet's (saws) time? There doesn't seem to be any references in the askimam response or the Wahed video, so I'm just curious.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.