/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fear those who do not fear Allah swt?

Imraan
12-07-2019, 12:36 AM
Assalam walaikum

Some of you already know me and my family are undergoing trials for some time now. Its come to a point where our property is being damaged criminally. I used have a mindset of 'fear nothing but Allah swt'. Due to recent events it's made me angry with urges to retaliate, however I was stopped by a elder and was told to 'fear Allah swt AND those who do not fear Allah swt' as they will not think twice when they inflict crime and damage upon you and anything associated with you whether object or human.

What does the Quran and Sunnah teach us?

Fear Allah swt only
Or
Fear Allah swt AND those who disbelieve as they have no limits to how low they can stoop.

This world gets worse as we get older, leaving us to ponder and wonder about human behaviour that has existed since the beginning of time......

Jazak Allah in advance for your thoughts and responses.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
taha_
12-07-2019, 06:41 AM
Assalam o alaikum rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu.

Fear Allah,

Fear Him.

Dont listen to these people who tells you to not fear Him.

Allah knows best. He will judge according to what we do. Listen to me. Allah is Most Just. You still need more sabr my brother. Read the story of Prophet yusuf and his father peace be upon them. Prophet Yusuf peace be upon him had a dream which became fulfilled after he faced so much trials. Allah does solve our problems in mysterious ways,

Keep your strong trust in Allah
Keep your strong hope in Allah
Fear Him more than anything
Love Him more than His whole creation. People may not even care about u but Allah cares about u so much, He is Al Wadud. Just have some patience. We don't know what will happen to your future. Allah only knows best. Nevertheless, just focus on Quran and Sunnah. Hold the rope of Allah. Just keep asking Him to help you and make things easy for you.

May Allah bless you and ur family, forgive and have mercy on u and ur family , may He make things easy for you. Ameen

JazakAllah khair

Imraan
12-07-2019, 10:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by taha_
Assalam o alaikum rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu.

Fear Allah,

Fear Him.

Dont listen to these people who tells you to not fear Him.

Allah knows best. He will judge according to what we do. Listen to me. Allah is Most Just. You still need more sabr my brother. Read the story of Prophet yusuf and his father peace be upon them. Prophet Yusuf peace be upon him had a dream which became fulfilled after he faced so much trials. Allah does solve our problems in mysterious ways,

Keep your strong trust in Allah
Keep your strong hope in Allah
Fear Him more than anything
Love Him more than His whole creation. People may not even care about u but Allah cares about u so much, He is Al Wadud. Just have some patience. We don't know what will happen to your future. Allah only knows best. Nevertheless, just focus on Quran and Sunnah. Hold the rope of Allah. Just keep asking Him to help you and make things easy for you.

May Allah bless you and ur family, forgive and have mercy on u and ur family , may He make things easy for you. Ameen

JazakAllah khair
Jazak Allah. Let me just clarify I was told to fear Allah swt AND those individuals who do not fear Allah swt.

taha_
12-07-2019, 10:56 AM
Assalam o Alaikum Rahamutullahi wa baraukuthu.

These people are not worthy to be feared. Allah, who is your Creator and Lord is worthy to be feared. Don't fear His creations even Jinns. One of the basic belief is Divine Decree. which we muslims believe, good and bad things cannot happen without permission of Allah. If mankind wants to harm you. and that Allah does not allow it to happen, then it won't happen. and if mankind wants to help you, and that Allah does not allow it to happen, it won't happen. So put your trust in Him. Because everything He allows it to happen to His servants, happens, whether good or bad..

JazakAllah khair

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Imraan
12-07-2019, 05:03 PM
Assalam o Alaikum Rahamutullahi wa baraukuthu.

These people are not worthy to be feared. Allah, who is your Creator and Lord is worthy to be feared. Don't fear His creations even Jinns. One of the basic belief is Divine Decree. which we muslims believe, good and bad things cannot happen without permission of Allah. If mankind wants to harm you. and that Allah does not allow it to happen, then it won't happen. and if mankind wants to help you, and that Allah does not allow it to happen, it won't happen. So put your trust in Him. Because everything He allows it to happen to His servants, happens, whether good or bad..

JazakAllah khair
Insh Allah that's been my belief for a long time. I've been left confused for a bit. On a night I prayed for protection from enemies, just five minutes later I was Inflicted with criminal damage from the very same people, so how do I get my prayers answered, I'm always seeking protection from shaytaan and evil people and their evil acts. I've done istigfar for longer than I can remember. What am I doing wrong?

Despite that if you were to look at it logically and rationally, then we should steer clear and take precautions from evil people, which we have been doing yet they still managed to do fearful terrifying things to me and my family.

How do we put a stop this and how do we get justice in this world besides prayer?

BeTheChange
12-07-2019, 05:25 PM
Bismillah

Aslamualykum

The desire, the urge and the need for justice is strong, is real when you have been faced with evil tyrants.

Now listen to me very carefully. I am speaking from my heart. If i was to tell you what i personally have faced as an individual and then as a family you will probably be unable to sleep.

I want to say this. I have learnt a lot. This process is teaching you a lesson. You may not be able to see it but you will be a changed person for the rest of your life because of the experiences you have had. Alhamdulillah for being Muslims. I want to plea to you and say YES injustice has been done. Ask the pathetic legal system to do what they can to protect you however you take the necessary actions to protect yourself even if it means you have to move out. Think about your options. Think carefully and ask Allah swt to guide you.

This person who stopped you. This i believe was Allah's help. Allah's hand to stop the problem from escalating even further. who knows. In that angry state you may have caused more damage to yourself and your family. Alhamdulillah i believe you are healthy and have no disability so look after your health and the family you have.

My advise would be to try your best and turn your attention and energy in helping mankind. Do good for your family and your neighbours. Turn you attention on yourself and refine your character.

If you are waiting for justice well you may be waiting until you meet Allah swt. The Prophet s.a.w endured the most pain, the most opression and even then from what i have read and heard he s.a.w never inflicted any harm to the perpetrators....It is difficult because we are capable of evil as well but my plea to you is choose the path of goodness. Alhamdulillah.

Do not ask why me? Do not get upset. Be happy for your mum. She must be an elderly lady so your priority and attention should be your mum. Say Alhamdulilah Allah swt you have chosen me and Allah swt will give you the necessary tools and gifts to deal with this situation. Look at the positivity and the blessings.

M.I.A.
12-09-2019, 11:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Imraan
Assalam walaikum

Some of you already know me and my family are undergoing trials for some time now. Its come to a point where our property is being damaged criminally. I used have a mindset of 'fear nothing but Allah swt'. Due to recent events it's made me angry with urges to retaliate, however I was stopped by a elder and was told to 'fear Allah swt AND those who do not fear Allah swt' as they will not think twice when they inflict crime and damage upon you and anything associated with you whether object or human.

Fear Allah swt only
Or
Fear Allah swt AND those who disbelieve as they have no limits to how low they can stoop.

This world gets worse as we get older, leaving us to ponder and wonder about human behaviour that has existed since the beginning of time......

I work in a very hard place,

The black guys are racist.

The white guys are racist.

The brown guys.. dont last.

Iv been there 2 years.

You can get by.. sitting amongst a bunch of wolves..

Only fearing Allah swt.

But I act up sometimes and it feels like they cast big shadows..

So I despair at how big the shadow is and how it imposes on my life this time and the next.

But..

I am here.
I endure.
I hurt.
I anger.

I just cant hold a feeling and am rubbish at talking.

I have a hard time distinguishing between the shadow and the face.. my delusion.

So mine is a different problem.

I have a hard time manifesting as anything other than a sheep.

Strange days.

...I thought I was clever until I tried to open my mouth..

Baaaa

What a crooked story to tell, eh?

Nobody can tell what awaits them in the wings..

The paradox of the stage being real, is the difference between fearing the wolf or fearing Allah swt.

Unless your a wolf, in which case you just turn up.

Endure it to the finish.. and be better if there is a next time.

..It's only me tripping me up, that's what changed my life.

Hard lesson to not forget.. do not forget.

I flunked a profession degree and now work manual labour..

I was going to be clever.. with all the clever graduates.

Now I'm as thick as a brick soaked in testosterone.

And more wooden than pinnochio.

'Abdullah
12-10-2019, 05:23 PM
Assalam walaikum

Fear Allah swt only
Or

Assalam O Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh my dear brother Imran,

I have been reading your posts and it feels like I know you personally. I live in US and wish I could meet you one day inshallah. Last night when I read a dua, that reminds me of you and I want to share that dua with you. But let me first start with a hadith which throws light on the benefit of this beautiful dua:

Ibrahim bin Muhammad bin Sa`d narrated from his father, from Sa`d that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:
“The supplication of Dhun-Nun (Prophet Yunus) when he supplicated, while in the belly of the whale was: ‘There is none worthy of worship except You, Glory to You, Indeed, I have been of the transgressors. (Lā ilāha illā anta subḥānaka innī kuntu minaẓ-ẓālimīn)’ So indeed, no Muslim man supplicates with it for anything, ever, except Allah responds to him.”

حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ يَحْيَى، حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ يُوسُفَ، حَدَّثَنَا يُونُسُ بْنُ أَبِي إِسْحَاقَ، عَنْ إِبْرَاهِيمَ بْنِ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ سَعْدٍ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، عَنْ سَعْدٍ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ دَعْوَةُ ذِي النُّونِ إِذْ دَعَا وَهُوَ فِي بَطْنِ الْحُوتِ لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ أَنْتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنْتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِينَ ‏.‏ فَإِنَّهُ لَمْ يَدْعُ بِهَا رَجُلٌ مُسْلِمٌ فِي شَيْءٍ قَطُّ إِلاَّ اسْتَجَابَ اللَّهُ لَهُ ‏"‏ ‏.‏
قَالَ مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ يَحْيَى قَالَ مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ يُوسُفَ مَرَّةً عَنْ إِبْرَاهِيمَ بْنِ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ سَعْدٍ، عَنْ سَعْدٍ، ‏.‏ قَالَ أَبُو عِيسَى وَقَدْ رَوَى غَيْرُ، وَاحِدٍ، هَذَا الْحَدِيثَ عَنْ يُونُسَ بْنِ أَبِي إِسْحَاقَ، عَنْ إِبْرَاهِيمَ بْنِ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ سَعْدٍ، عَنْ سَعْدٍ، وَلَمْ يَذْكُرُوا فِيهِ عَنْ أَبِيهِ، ‏.‏ وَرَوَى بَعْضُهُمْ، عَنْ يُونُسَ بْنِ أَبِي إِسْحَاقَ، فَقَالُوا عَنْ إِبْرَاهِيمَ بْنِ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ سَعْدٍ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، عَنْ سَعْدٍ، وَكَانَ، يُونُسُ بْنُ أَبِي إِسْحَاقَ رُبَّمَا ذَكَرَ فِي هَذَا الْحَدِيثِ عَنْ أَبِيهِ، وَرُبَّمَا، لَمْ يَذْكُرْهُ ‏.‏
Grade: Sahih (Darussalam)

Reference: Jami` at-Tirmidhi 3505
In-book reference: Book 48, Hadith 136
English translation: Vol. 6, Book 45, Hadith 3505
We learned from hadith above that dua of any Muslim will be accepted if one supplicates by saying لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ أَنْتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنْتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِينَ
This Dua is used at any type of problem, worry or distress. The multitudes of darkness that Yunus (peace be upon him) was enveloped was far greater than any of our stresses: financial, family or marital. Yet, Allah SUbhanahu Wa Taala pulled him out in the blink of an eye. This Dua is so perfect because it is comprised of these three sentences:

1. Laa ilaaha illa anta: The blessings of ‘Laa ilaaha il-Allah’ are simply too numerous to mention. Our Prophet (ﷺ) said that this is the best kalimah (phrase) that anyone can ever say. It is the one phrase that is weightier than all sins on the Day of Judgement. It is the one phrase that because of it, Allah has created the heavens and the earth, and Allah has revealed the books, sent the prophets, divided mankind into Muslim and non-Muslim. All of this is based on ‘Laa ilaaha il-Allah’. In this particular Dua, you are saying “Laa ilaaha ila anta”, i.e there is no deity worthy of worship except you. This nuance has you speaking to Allah directly in the second person. You are practically communicating with Allah directly. And by doing so, you are directly affirming His Names and Attributes, His Majesty and Nobility.
  2. Subhaanak: While the first part of the Dua affirms Allah’s perfection, the second part, subhaanaka, negates any perceived imperfections. In this phrase, Yunus (peace be upon him) takes all blame for the sin and that never was evil subscribed to Allah.
  3. inni kuntu minadh-dhalimeen: After negating any perceived imperfection to Allah, Yunus(peace be upon him) ascribed it to himself in the third phrase, inni kuntu minadhdhalimeen. Yunus (peace be upon him) owned up to his mistake.
    Imagine dear brother, here is a prophet of Allah saying, “I was a dhaalim (wrongdoer)”. If a prophet uttered these words, then by Allah we are all in need of saying these words. If Yunus (peace be upon him) admits to falling short, then what about us? We have fallen short in worshipping Allah, in thanking Allah, in abstaining from the haraam, in the rights of others, in being good parents, in being honest and kind to our spouses and children, and the list goes on. Everyone of us is a dhaalim, so we should admit to Allah in these beautiful phrases uttered by Yunus (alayhissalam). We must negative arrogance and admit to being the sinful servant of Allah, for the worst sin in the Eyes of Allah is arrogance.

This dua in also mentioned in Quran:
And [mention] the man of the fish, when he went off in anger and thought that We would not decree [anything] upon him. And he called out within the darknesses, "There is no deity except You; exalted are You. Indeed, I have been of the wrongdoers." [Quran 21:87]
Notice Yunus (alayhissalam) did not specify how to be saved. In fact, he did not ask to be saved, he simply praised Allah and owned up to his mistake. in fact very next verse(ayat) in Quran says that Allah immediately saved Prophet Yunus (alayhissalam).
So We responded to him and saved him from the distress. And thus do We save the believers.[Quran 21:88]
This is one of the most optimistic verses in the whole Quran: This Dua saves us from our distresses, any darkness or cloud in our life. Any issue that is troubling you, any anxiety or grief, this Dua will save you inshallah.
I hope you find this helpful and I hope you put this advice into practice.

Ma'a Salama

Imraan
12-10-2019, 07:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HabibUrrehman
Assalam O Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh my dear brother Imran,

I have been reading your posts and it feels like I know you personally. I live in US and wish I could meet you one day inshallah. Last night when I read a dua, that reminds me of you and I want to share that dua with you. But let me first start with a hadith which throws light on the benefit of this beautiful dua:

We learned from hadith above that dua of any Muslim will be accepted if one supplicates by saying لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ أَنْتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنْتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِينَ
This Dua is used at any type of problem, worry or distress. The multitudes of darkness that Yunus (peace be upon him) was enveloped was far greater than any of our stresses: financial, family or marital. Yet, Allah SUbhanahu Wa Taala pulled him out in the blink of an eye. This Dua is so perfect because it is comprised of these three sentences:

1. Laa ilaaha illa anta: The blessings of ‘Laa ilaaha il-Allah’ are simply too numerous to mention. Our Prophet (ﷺ) said that this is the best kalimah (phrase) that anyone can ever say. It is the one phrase that is weightier than all sins on the Day of Judgement. It is the one phrase that because of it, Allah has created the heavens and the earth, and Allah has revealed the books, sent the prophets, divided mankind into Muslim and non-Muslim. All of this is based on ‘Laa ilaaha il-Allah’. In this particular Dua, you are saying “Laa ilaaha ila anta”, i.e there is no deity worthy of worship except you. This nuance has you speaking to Allah directly in the second person. You are practically communicating with Allah directly. And by doing so, you are directly affirming His Names and Attributes, His Majesty and Nobility.
  2. Subhaanak: While the first part of the Dua affirms Allah’s perfection, the second part, subhaanaka, negates any perceived imperfections. In this phrase, Yunus (peace be upon him) takes all blame for the sin and that never was evil subscribed to Allah.
  3. inni kuntu minadh-dhalimeen: After negating any perceived imperfection to Allah, Yunus(peace be upon him) ascribed it to himself in the third phrase, inni kuntu minadhdhalimeen. Yunus (peace be upon him) owned up to his mistake.
    Imagine dear brother, here is a prophet of Allah saying, “I was a dhaalim (wrongdoer)”. If a prophet uttered these words, then by Allah we are all in need of saying these words. If Yunus (peace be upon him) admits to falling short, then what about us? We have fallen short in worshipping Allah, in thanking Allah, in abstaining from the haraam, in the rights of others, in being good parents, in being honest and kind to our spouses and children, and the list goes on. Everyone of us is a dhaalim, so we should admit to Allah in these beautiful phrases uttered by Yunus (alayhissalam). We must negative arrogance and admit to being the sinful servant of Allah, for the worst sin in the Eyes of Allah is arrogance.

This dua in also mentioned in Quran:

Notice Yunus (alayhissalam) did not specify how to be saved. In fact, he did not ask to be saved, he simply praised Allah and owned up to his mistake. in fact very next verse(ayat) in Quran says that Allah immediately saved Prophet Yunus (alayhissalam).

This is one of the most optimistic verses in the whole Quran: This Dua saves us from our distresses, any darkness or cloud in our life. Any issue that is troubling you, any anxiety or grief, this Dua will save you inshallah.
I hope you find this helpful and I hope you put this advice into practice.

Ma'a Salama
Walaikum salaam, thank you for your kind words.. the dua you mention is being recited by myself and family members daily nearly for the past 2 years now and is still recited in prayer, have started reciting in sujood too. Thank you for your kind words. My situation has taken over my life it feels like and is affecting lots of things. I yearn for the day of justice and to be freed. I live in the UK and feel like I'm facing the equivalent of a tyrant, what hurts me more is that they are Muslim. How Allah swt subjected me and allowed me to face these tests, I want him to exert the same to my oppressors proportionate to what's needed to soften their hearts and for it to all stop.

'Abdullah
12-10-2019, 07:41 PM
Walaikum salaam, thank you for your kind words.. the dua you mention is being recited by myself and family members daily nearly for the past 2 years now and is still recited in prayer, have started reciting in sujood too. Thank you for your kind words. My situation has taken over my life it feels like and is affecting lots of things. I yearn for the day of justice and to be freed. I live in the UK and feel like I'm facing the equivalent of a tyrant, what hurts me more is that they are Muslim. How Allah swt subjected me and allowed me to face these tests, I want him to exert the same to my oppressors proportionate to what's needed to soften their hearts and for it to all stop.
Have you thought about relocating your family to a safer place?

Imraan
12-10-2019, 09:15 PM
Have you thought about relocating your family to a safer place?
Yes I have, but with it are a few factors

My sisters property has been subject to criminal damage by the same people, they dont live far. If we leave we leave them as potential targets as their location is still known.

If we leave we would have to cut all of our extended family off due to risk of location being leaked.

It's still something I do think about now and then and fear of leaving shouldnt really stop me, but I remember I worked hard to move here in the first place.

Moving house is no easy task, I wish I had another house, could have boarded my current house and vandal proofed it and lived in the other until it was safe to return.

'Abdullah
12-10-2019, 09:33 PM
Did you provide the video footage you have so far to your lawyer and asked for protection from authorities? How about local police? Did you filed any complained so far of these incidents and asked them for help?

Imraan
12-10-2019, 10:45 PM
Did you provide the video footage you have so far to your lawyer and asked for protection from authorities? How about local police? Did you filed any complained so far of these incidents and asked them for help?
Yes I did, we have 6 reports of incidents relating to honour based threats, criminal damage and one for arson. The process seems to be very slow. I've contacted local neighbourhood councillors and local police. It seems they time responses based on severity of crime. Stones being thrown through windows is low priority I was told the other day. Its difficult to catch the people who are throwing, the moment they appear in front of the property, they are there for no more than 5 or 6 seconds, in that time two people have thrown 6 - 8 stones and then ran off. Last Saturday's incident I have been assigned an appointment 4 days later (tomorrow).

Costs relating to repair is building up and is affecting cash flow. I tell myself the rizk of my family is being affected and lost due to them but my mother tells me different.

'Abdullah
12-10-2019, 11:24 PM
Yes I did, we have 6 reports of incidents relating to honour based threats, criminal damage and one for arson. The process seems to be very slow. I've contacted local neighbourhood councillors and local police. It seems they time responses based on severity of crime. Stones being thrown through windows is low priority I was told the other day. Its difficult to catch the people who are throwing, the moment they appear in front of the property, they are there for no more than 5 or 6 seconds, in that time two people have thrown 6 - 8 stones and then ran off. Last Saturday's incident I have been assigned an appointment 4 days later (tomorrow).

Costs relating to repair is building up and is affecting cash flow. I tell myself the rizk of my family is being affected and lost due to them but my mother tells me different.
Alhamdulillah it seems like you are taking all the right steps, that's all you can do at this point. I also agree that relocating may not be the best option based on what you shared in your previous post. Do you think your ex-wife is aware of all this? It is possible that she is not aware of all this and someone else (most likely her parents) are doing this as revenge. Do you think if you call her and tell her what her parents are doing will help?

Regarding costs for repairs, do you have home insurance? Don't they cover the cost in such cases?

Imraan
12-11-2019, 12:08 AM
Alhamdulillah it seems like you are taking all the right steps, that's all you can do at this point. I also agree that relocating may not be the best option based on what you shared in your previous post. Do you think your ex-wife is aware of all this? It is possible that she is not aware of all this and someone else (most likely her parents) are doing this as revenge. Do you think if you call her and tell her what her parents are doing will help?

Regarding costs for repairs, do you have home insurance? Don't they cover the cost in such cases?
Yeah she knows, we are dealing with some clever powerful people here, they have their wallet, their might and cunningness. Yallah, they dont deserve any of it yet they still are able to use it without consequences in this life. Troubles me some as the saying 'what goes round comes round' seems to be invalidated by this very situation.

property is insured but each claim is £100 excess.... that's for each incident and we've had quite a few in the past 6 weeks since I started seeing my daughter. The excess charges add up along with other obvious detriments.

Abu-Abdullah
12-22-2019, 12:37 PM
May Allah ease your matters and protect you, ameen.

Imraan
12-22-2019, 06:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu-Abdullah
May Allah ease your matters and protect you, ameen.
Jazak Allah brother... I am in a tough situation, hope things get easier and better soon. I'm also dreading the decisions I'll have to make in the future. No one should have to make decisions and choose something they dont want while being intimidated and victimised.

Allah swt knows best, I need his help urgently, things could get more messier than it already is the way things are going.

What pains me most, is how can people call themselves muslims or feel they fall under the 'muslim category' and do these kinds of things... shouldnt Allah swt test them to soften them for their sins as they pray to him daily?? Opportunities to do evil and sin could be infinite for them, of course let's hope not for humanities sake!

space
12-22-2019, 08:49 PM
you don't need to fear anyone and anything if you fear Allah

Abu-Abdullah
12-22-2019, 11:58 PM
Jazak Allah brother... I am in a tough situation, hope things get easier and better soon. I'm also dreading the decisions I'll have to make in the future. No one should have to make decisions and choose something they dont want while being intimidated and victimised.

Allah swt knows best, I need his help urgently, things could get more messier than it already is the way things are going.

What pains me most, is how can people call themselves muslims or feel they fall under the 'muslim category' and do these kinds of things... shouldnt Allah swt test them to soften them for their sins as they pray to him daily?? Opportunities to do evil and sin could be infinite for them, of course let's hope not for humanities sake!
Salamualikum brother

I am saddened to hear your story however allow me to give you a word of advice.

Never think that you are being oppressed, I. E that you are the innocent victim and they are the baddies. Yes this is the case from a zahiri (apparent) point of view but spiritually think of it all as what you deserve for your sins. I'm being Frank here, I could have said 'think of it as a test' but then that could lead you to think 'why such an unbearable test on me'?

Regarding yourself as the innocent victim leads you to despair in Allah's justice and thinking of it as something you brought on to yourself because of your sins will make you deal with it better.

And like others have advised, it's not worth fighting as it could lead to your family being in more dangerous position. Unfortunately @space didn't give you the right advice as your question is related to the mulling of whether to go all rambo on them, being fearless etc etc, but this is wrong. You have to be wary of what these gangster minded youths can do and you have to be wise. The hadith 'the strong is not the one who can knock a man down when he's angry but the one who controls his anger and remains patient' applies here

Send some elders to your inlaws house to talk and put a stop to this violence and harrasment and even make some concessions if you have to. Better to swallow your pride and make some concessions. After all, it's your child's mum your doing it for.

May Allah be with you!

Imraan
12-23-2019, 08:00 AM
Salamualikum brother

I am saddened to hear your story however allow me to give you a word of advice.

Never think that you are being oppressed, I. E that you are the innocent victim and they are the baddies. Yes this is the case from a zahiri (apparent) point of view but spiritually think of it all as what you deserve for your sins. I'm being Frank here, I could have said 'think of it as a test' but then that could lead you to think 'why such an unbearable test on me'?

Regarding yourself as the innocent victim leads you to despair in Allah's justice and thinking of it as something you brought on to yourself because of your sins will make you deal with it better.

And like others have advised, it's not worth fighting as it could lead to your family being in more dangerous position. Unfortunately @space didn't give you the right advice as your question is related to the mulling of whether to go all rambo on them, being fearless etc etc, but this is wrong. You have to be wary of what these gangster minded youths can do and you have to be wise. The hadith 'the strong is not the one who can knock a man down when he's angry but the one who controls his anger and remains patient' applies here

Send some elders to your inlaws house to talk and put a stop to this violence and harrasment and even make some concessions if you have to. Better to swallow your pride and make some concessions. After all, it's your child's mum your doing it for.

May Allah be with you!
Walaikum salaam.

Yes I thought I was being tested and i would always ask why such unbearable tests?

I acknowledge that my sins are being expiated, but how bad are my sins I ask? My whole family perservere on trying to stay on a righteous path, yes mistakes can be made and we are doing istigfar, but for me and my family to go through this form of victimisation leaves me all confused, the physical terror acts against my family are racking up quite quick over the past 6 months, the baddies sit there like untouchable while they watch us suffer.

What kind of concessions were you thinking?

They want me to accept all blame, give alimony/compensation and give talaaq, they are trying to spread rumours in the community and intimidate us physically as well as using the child as a weapon.

taha_
12-23-2019, 08:17 AM
Assalam o Alaikum rahamutullahi wa barakuthu brother.

Hopefully you and your family will be OK in sha Allah.

Why are the police responding slowly? Can you go to their office and complain to the officer?

May Allah, who is Most Just, help you, and grant u strength and justice against ur oppressor, Amen.

Abu-Abdullah
12-23-2019, 08:51 AM
Walaikum salaam.

Yes I thought I was being tested and i would always ask why such unbearable tests?

I acknowledge that my sins are being expiated, but how bad are my sins I ask? My whole family perservere on trying to stay on a righteous path, yes mistakes can be made and we are doing istigfar, but for me and my family to go through this form of victimisation leaves me all confused, the physical terror acts against my family are racking up quite quick over the past 6 months, the baddies sit there like untouchable while they watch us suffer.

What kind of concessions were you thinking?

They want me to accept all blame, give alimony/compensation and give talaaq, they are trying to spread rumours in the community and intimidate us physically as well as using the child as a weapon.
Brother, in this situation you can do 2 things, 1. Fight, but I think you don't have enough man power or resources (such as money to move your family to a safe house) to do that so that will be the risky option.

The second thing is, really go all 'sufi Muslim' and be super humble and one way of doing that is to accept all blame and if that leads to you forking out extra money in divorce court as compensation to your ex, then it's still going to go to the mother of your child isn't it? And giving some more money won't make you any poorer as you're going to get what's in your taqdir anyway

It doesn't matter if your not to blame or not ALL to blame as this will be like a plea bargain in court where a defendant is innocent but the odds are stacked up against him so he accepts blame and gets lower sentence then pleading not guilty and then getting a higher sentence. The benefit in that is, if a person considers it as Allah's will and remains happy with it, that's 1 benefit and the second benefit is being totally free of riya, I. E, not caring whether people think you're guilty or not as Allah knows the truth and thats all you care about.

Or try to come to some compromise where the blame is accepted half/half by you and your ex. I'm sure those idiots (your inlaws) will relent somewhat if you send elders round to talk for a 'settlement' to this saga and for a cessation of the harrassment

OK now brother ill put a question to you. Do you think if you or any of your adult family member dies (may Allah give you all long life amin) that there is a chance Allah could put you or them in hell? There is that chance as thats part of our faith that we can never be sure where we'll end up, so if Allah could put us in the terrible hellfire then we can accept whatever calamity befalls us on earth (even though we might be of wali Allah standards) as a punishment too from Allah. This is real humbleness. Real selflessness, to think you're very bad worthy of punishment.

You shouldn't hold back on giving her the 3 talaqs as taqwa necessitates that. If she falls into sin (zina) because she cannot get married again due to you not giving her talaq then you will be to blame too brother so this one you should do despite what might happen in court

Imraan
12-23-2019, 08:54 AM
Assalam o Alaikum rahamutullahi wa barakuthu brother.

Hopefully you and your family will be OK in sha Allah.

Why are the police responding slowly? Can you go to their office and complain to the officer?

May Allah, who is Most Just, help you, and grant u strength and justice against ur oppressor, Amen.
Police here in the UK are very slow and are acting on priorities, must be something to do with reduced officers and uk budget cuts over the years. I follow up at least once every week and get responses like "still being looked into" etc.

We have the following choices I feel
1. Retaliate
2. Try n Seek peace(which I've tried to do) which may encourage them to do more
3. End marriage at any cost I.e. give talaaq
4. Give up child but still make maintenance payments.
5. Sit back and continue to sustain damages and terror acts and worry about our family members and property.

taha_
12-23-2019, 10:50 AM
Police here in the UK are very slow and are acting on priorities, must be something to do with reduced officers and uk budget cuts over the years. I follow up at least once every week and get responses like "still being looked into" etc.

We have the following choices I feel
1. Retaliate
2. Try n Seek peace(which I've tried to do) which may encourage them to do more
3. End marriage at any cost I.e. give talaaq
4. Give up child but still make maintenance payments.
5. Sit back and continue to sustain damages and terror acts and worry about our family members and property.
Assalam o alaikum rahamutullahi wa barkauthu.

Perform istikhara. it is very useful. Allah will help and guide you in sha Allah.

JazakAllah khair

Muhammad
12-23-2019, 03:28 PM
السلام عليكم
You shouldn't hold back on giving her the 3 talaqs as taqwa necessitates that. If she falls into sin (zina) because she cannot get married again due to you not giving her talaq then you will be to blame too brother so this one you should do despite what might happen in court
لا حول ولا قوة الا بالله

Nobody should be telling another person via an internet forum to get a divorce. Marital affairs, whether they're between a husband and wife, in-laws or someone else, is an extremely sensitive issue that must be dealt with using knowledge of complete circumstances, knowledge of how to deal with marital affairs and an awareness of the consequences of the advice given. Having knowledge of the situation also means involving the person against whom accusations are made (i.e. if the husband is accusing the wife of something, the wife should be present to address points made against her). It means drawing a complete picture of the events, situations and circumstances that have occurred in the past in order to give the best advice that is tailored for their circumstances.

Let this be very clear: We are in absolutely no position to be telling people to get divorced. Stop treating this like a game. Fear Allah سبحانه وتعلى. People with marital problems should go to Imams, Islamic councilors or Islamic Sharia Councils. These places are set up with the right people and set up to deal with these situations. We could face a severe punishment on the Day of Judgement for misleading people and potentially destroying their married lives.

taha_
12-23-2019, 03:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad
السلام عليكم لا حول ولا قوة الا بالله

Nobody should be telling another person via an internet forum to get a divorce. Marital affairs, whether they're between a husband and wife, in-laws or someone else, is an extremely sensitive issue that must be dealt with using knowledge of complete circumstances, knowledge of how to deal with marital affairs and an awareness of the consequences of the advice given. Having knowledge of the situation also means involving the person against whom accusations are made (i.e. if the husband is accusing the wife of something, the wife should be present to address points made against her). It means drawing a complete picture of the events, situations and circumstances that have occurred in the past in order to give the best advice that is tailored for their circumstances.

Let this be very clear: We are in absolutely no position to be telling people to get divorced. Stop treating this like a game. Fear Allah سبحانه وتعلى. People with marital problems should go to Imams, Islamic councilors or Islamic Sharia Councils. These places are set up with the right people and set up to deal with these situations. We could face a severe punishment on the Day of Judgement for misleading people and potentially destroying their married lives.
Assalam o Alaikum rahamutullahi wa barakuthu.

that's right, the most hated halal thing by Allah is divorce. it's such serious matter. Marriage is a beauitful sunnah, unfortunably there are so many couples who cannot live their married life properly, while there could be ways to solve the problems by will of Allah.

JazakAllah khair

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.