/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Little shame.

taha_
12-08-2019, 01:52 PM
Assalam o alaikum rahamutullahi wa barakuthu.

I somehow have little shame. Am i doing something wrong? Is there any dua for modest / shame? I read that modest is part of faith. But I have little modesty....

JazakAllah khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Studentofdeed
12-08-2019, 01:57 PM
Walkum salaam wa baraktu ,
What makes you think you have little shame? I guess if you slip up you keep repenting and keeping checking on yourself. Inshallah Allah will make it easy for ykh

taha_
12-08-2019, 02:06 PM
Assalam o alaikum rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu.

Does that mean when one commits a sin he feels ashamed ?

BeTheChange
12-08-2019, 02:41 PM
Walaikumasalaam

Modesty is needed in certain situations and with certain people. In what context do you feel you are immodest?

In your words? in your character? in your mindset?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
taha_
12-08-2019, 03:03 PM
Assalam o Alaikum Rahamtullahi wa barakuthu.

Sometime in my words, character, sometime modest and not modest.

Is it considered as modest if one commits sins and feels bad about it?

If I lower my gaze from non mahram women, and I feel nothing inside me, is it still considered as modesty?

What is one's sign of modesty?

JazakAllah khair

taha_
12-08-2019, 04:19 PM
Assalam o Alaikum Rahamutullahi wa barakuthu.

How do one feel shamed? Is there any way for that?

Studentofdeed
12-08-2019, 05:21 PM
The fact you feel bad is a good sign. Modesty is having good character and shyness. Shameless is commiting sins openly and doing all kinds of bad things and not caring about or even to the extent you are promoting it. Regarding lowering gaze, it's not the same as shameless. We all slip up, but keep trying and inshallah Allah help you

taha_
12-08-2019, 05:26 PM

Ameen. In sha Allah, I also hope that you will help other people as much as you can for sake of Allah.

Ahmed.
12-08-2019, 09:55 PM
Arrogance causes shame to vanish. Not saying you are arrogant but maybe working on being more humble will help

taha_
12-09-2019, 12:30 AM
Assalam o alaikum rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu.

How does arrogance vanish out shame? Any reference from Quran and Sunnah?

M.I.A.
12-09-2019, 12:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by taha_

I somehow have little shame. Am i doing something wrong? Is there any dua for modest / shame? I read that modest is part of faith. But I have little modesty....

JazakAllah khair

Its normal these days, you shouldn't worry too much about developing shame or you might become the lower hand.

And nobody wants that do they?

taha_
12-10-2019, 01:37 PM
Assalam o Alaikum rahamutullahi wa barakuthu.

Modesty is part of faith, it protects us from commiting more bad deeds, and also revealing our sins openly, right now, it is better to be modest even in immoral areas. May Allah grant us modesty ameen.

JazakAllah khair

Chris_
12-13-2019, 03:10 AM
Thank you and I agree with you. I'm a new Muslim as of yesterday! I'm excited to learn more about my faith and trust in Allah.

'Abdullah
12-13-2019, 04:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Chris_
Thank you and I agree with you. I'm a new Muslim as of yesterday! I'm excited to learn more about my faith and trust in Allah.
Allah O Akbar
Welcome to the family of Islam my brother. I wish you and your family all the best in this world and Hereafter. Ameen!

taha_
12-13-2019, 01:18 PM
Assalam o alaikum rahamutullahi wa barakuthu..

Alhamduilliah. Allah has guided you to His straight path by His mercy. I hope that you will become better muslim one day in sha Allah :)

JazakAllah khair

RisingLight
12-14-2019, 01:05 AM
heeeey welcome to Islam brother...why dont you make a post? let everyone know you have converted,this is awesome news : D...hope you have a great life and will die as a very good muslim

lailathemuslim
12-14-2019, 11:27 AM
Read this dua sis:

Allahummastur 'awraatina wa aamin raw'aatina. Allahummaj'al tha'rana 'alaa man dhalamana wansurna 'alaa man baghaa 'alaina. Allahumma la tushammit binal 'adaa' wal haasideen

Translation:

Oh Allah! Cover our faults and calm our fears safe. Oh Allah! Avenge us over those who have opressed us and grant us victory upon those who wronged us. Oh Allah! Do not cause our enemies or those who envy us to take malicious joy in our misfortune. (I want to repent, but..., pg. 44)

https://www.muftisays.com/qa/tafseer...a/2696-secret/

I ask Allah to have mercy on you, ameen

taha_
12-15-2019, 12:02 PM

I am male. But thank you lot for the dua.

JazakAllah khair

format_quote Originally Posted by lailathemuslim
I ask Allah to have mercy on you, ameen
Ameen.

'Abdullah
12-16-2019, 10:45 PM
Assalam O ALaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh Brother,

I wanted to share a link below and hope you will find it helpful.
https://www.quranproject.org/Advice-...-Muslims-593-d

Ma'a Salama

The Qur'an Project
The Qur'an Project...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.