/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Saudi?

Islami.Mu'mina
12-08-2019, 07:36 PM
Assalamu alaykum. I was kind of curious to see if anyone knows about the topic. I had always been thinking about moving to Saudi arabia at one point in my life.. (Living in America)

Would you guys prefer to live in Saudi Arabia (Mecca, Medinah)??

I also heard that foreigners can't get a citizenship there unless they have a very important job that is beneficial. Hope that isn't true.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
12-08-2019, 07:49 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

I've lived in Saudi, feel free to ask any questions you have.

You will not be able to gain citizenship easily there especially if you're not specialized in anything and have no roots there. You'd also be asked to give up your American citizenship if you were ever offered citizenship in Saudi, although there are many Saudis with dual nationalities. There are nonSaudi people who have lived in Saudi for all of their lives and yet are not given citizenship. Point being, don't be optimistic about gaining citizenship there.

Islami.Mu'mina
12-08-2019, 08:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum

I've lived in Saudi, feel free to ask any questions you have.

You will not be able to gain citizenship easily there especially if you're not specialized in anything and have no roots there. You'd also be asked to give up your American citizenship if you were ever offered citizenship in Saudi, although there are many Saudis with dual nationalities. There are nonSaudi people who have lived in Saudi for all of their lives and yet are not given citizenship. Point being, don't be optimistic about gaining citizenship there.
Gee that's a bit harsh. So basically, a foreigner like me could never permanently make a living there?

*charisma*
12-08-2019, 08:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islami.mu'min
Gee that's a bit harsh. So basically, a foreigner like me could never permanently make a living there?
You can make a living, you need to have a job and a sponsor and may work there for as long as your contract allows. But to stay there permanently as a citizen, probably unlikely.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Islami.Mu'mina
12-08-2019, 09:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
You can make a living, you need to have a job and a sponsor and may work there for as long as your contract allows. But to stay there permanently as a citizen, probably unlikely.
Thank you. Ugh that is quite depressing. I had always wanted to live and die (Well of course I will never predict my death) in Mecca or Medinah, but I had never come to think about this stuff..

*charisma*
12-08-2019, 09:20 PM
Thank you. Ugh that is quite depressing. I had always wanted to live and die (Well of course I will never predict my death) in Mecca or Medinah, but I had never come to think about this stuff..
Well it really does not matter where you live and die as much as how you've lived your life.

taha_
12-09-2019, 06:27 AM
Assalam o alaikum rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu.

Doenst they have permanent residency Visa? I mean they cost $200,000, but Allah will help you in sha Allah. just put trust in Him, and He will be suffiecent for you..

Sister, maybe you could get islamic jobs there, in sha Allah...

Mahir Adnan
12-09-2019, 08:35 AM
yeah, I was thinking the same. netflix Messiah reminded me again.
but,any Muslim county would be enough, if Saudi refuses to provide citizenship

'Abdullah
12-10-2019, 10:13 PM
Assalam O Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh Sister,

I would advise you to go to Umra or Hajj and see both Cities. Unfortunately, Saudi Kings have not spent much in developing these cities. Haram in great but everything else is very under developed. People especially small children are begging in Haram and in Masjid An-Nabawi and they to me was a big shock.
Second, we as American Muslims have a greater responsibility to preach the message of Islam to our fellow Americans. Allah choose us to be Muslims so that we can play our part and do the best we can to give Dawah to non-Muslims in America. If only one person can accept Islam because of us, that will be better than everything between the heavens and inshallah will be enough for our salvation on the day of judgement inshallah.

And Allah knows the best!

Ma'a Salama

Abu-Abdullah
12-22-2019, 12:32 PM
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia recently launched its first permanent residency program for certain expatriates, allowing them to reside in the country with their families without a Saudi sponsor. Applications can be made through the Premium Residency Card (PRC) online application platform.23 Jul 2019

https://www.mayerbrown.com/en/perspe...ncy-for-expats

taha_
12-22-2019, 01:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu-Abdullah
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia recently launched its first permanent residency program for certain expatriates, allowing them to reside in the country with their families without a Saudi sponsor. Applications can be made through the Premium Residency Card (PRC) online application platform.23 Jul 2019

https://www.mayerbrown.com/en/perspe...ncy-for-expats
assalam o alaikum rahamutullahi wa barakuthu brother

im not even sure if they allow Muslims foreginers to buy property in mecca or medina.

JazakAllah khair

Abu-Abdullah
12-23-2019, 12:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by taha_
assalam o alaikum rahamutullahi wa barakuthu brother

im not even sure if they allow Muslims foreginers to buy property in mecca or medina.

JazakAllah khair
:wasalam:

Just renting a property would be enough brother, Dunya is a temporary abode, whatever suffices will do :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.