/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to remove feelings of enmity and disgust

Studentofdeed
12-09-2019, 03:58 PM
Assalmulu Alaykum
The person who caused me pain alhamdullah is gone and no longer have to worry but I keep running into their parent. It's really hard to stay control of my anger. I would say salaam to him but now out of safety for mine and his I stay away. There was an event I went to yesterday where I kept accidently running into him over and again, I was trying to avoid glances with him but kept locking eyes. I have forgiven him but I'm still angry at him how he has no shame or humility. He was trying to cover up his child and portraying her to be an angel despite the crimes she did. One top of that he openly sins with his family and does not seem to care about the haya and modesty of his family. Yet whenever I see them, they are always putting off this image that they are good muslims. I know we are no one to judge but I just can not stand it. Like i said i already forgiven him but its bothering me. He has been coming to the mosque recently and I maybe took this as a sign maybe he is a good person but even then I realized he was still supporting his child. As muslim.and as father, he should not support a crime or cover them up but he kept doing that and was trying to make themselves look Angel's when I know they are not. His child slandered me and had everyone bully me so no one would belive me. In this situation what am I supposed to? It's not like I can simply talk to him about it. I just want to know if the disgust I feel is natural and understandable or am I being horrible person and should not feel this way.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
taha_
12-09-2019, 04:27 PM
Assalam o Alaikum Rahamutullahi wa barakuthu.

format_quote Originally Posted by Studentofdeed
He was trying to cover up his child and portraying her to be an angel despite the crimes she did.
It is inapproinante to call girls angels. Angels don't have genders.

“And they make the angels who themselves are slaves of the Most Gracious (Allah) females. Did they witness their creation? Their testimony will be recorded, and they will be questioned.”
[43:19]

“Or did We create the angels female while they were witnesses?” [37:150].

It is better for a believer to not say that. this is grave mistake.

You should put your strong trust and hope in Allah. Still just ask Him to protect you. One of the basic faith is Divine Decree. Know that if mankind wanted to harm you, and Allah don't want it to happen, it cannot happen, and if mankind wants to help you, and Allah don't want it to happen, it cannot happen. So put your trust in Him. And He will be sufficient for you. This world is only test. Also ask Him to guide these people. Prophet peace be upon him did same after taif people mocked him, insulted him,

Recite this dua :

O Allah! I seek refuge in You from the difficulty of affliction, from the burden of hardship, from evil judgment and from the enemy's malicious rejoicing (for my suffering)."

Also read Prophet Yunus peace be upon him's story.

The early followers of Prophet peace be upon him back in Mecca, were threatened, mocked, tortured too. All believers face difficult tests..

it is also not good to say that you are horrible person. We all commit sins, but we can turn back to Allah, who is Most Forgiving and Most Merciful. His mercy is greater than our sins. which we can't even imagine.

Surah Al-Furqan 25:63

Sahih International

And the servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk upon the earth easily, and when the ignorant address them [harshly], they say [words of] peace,

JazakAllah khair

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.