/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Praise Be To Allah!!

Abu Fauzi
12-10-2019, 10:04 PM
As-Salaam alaikum,
In ayat 2 of Surah Fatiha of the Holy Qur'an (1:2), Allah Ta'ala says:--

"Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the worlds."

It is said that Allah Ta'ala knows the inability of His servants to praise Him. He praised Himself by Himself ( bi-nafsihi) to Himself (li-nafsihi) from sempiternity (fi al-azal), because of our impotence; as it was impossible for us, His servants, to praise Him. How is a created thing supposed to contend with the beginninglessly Eternal?

The 'Ulama say that this is why the Prophet, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, said:--

"La uhsi thana'an alayk- I cannot count Your Praises." (Tirmidhi, al-Jami'al Kabir). This Hadith was actually related by Sayyada A'isha, may Allah be pleased with her, when she said:--

"I was asleep next to the Messenger of Allah. I noticed he was not there at night and put
my hand out to him. My hand fell on his feet as he bowed and prayed: 'Let Your good-will
protect me from Your Wrath, and Your dispensation from Your Punishment. I cannot enumerate
Your Praise. You are like You Praise Yourself." -
Ibn Majah also reported it.

With this, we understand that no man can count the blessings that Allah Ta'ala bestows on him, and can never do enough to pay this debt.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abdullah
12-10-2019, 11:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Fauzi
As-Salaam alaikum,
In ayat 2 of Surah Fatiha of the Holy Qur'an (1:2), Allah Ta'ala says:--

"Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the worlds."

It is said that Allah Ta'ala knows the inability of His servants to praise Him. He praised Himself by Himself ( bi-nafsihi) to Himself (li-nafsihi) from sempiternity (fi al-azal), because of our impotence; as it was impossible for us, His servants, to praise Him. How is a created thing supposed to contend with the beginninglessly Eternal?

The 'Ulama say that this is why the Prophet, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, said:--

"La uhsi thana'an alayk- I cannot count Your Praises." (Tirmidhi, al-Jami'al Kabir). This Hadith was actually related by Sayyada A'isha, may Allah be pleased with her, when she said:--

"I was asleep next to the Messenger of Allah. I noticed he was not there at night and put
my hand out to him. My hand fell on his feet as he bowed and prayed: 'Let Your good-will
protect me from Your Wrath, and Your dispensation from Your Punishment. I cannot enumerate
Your Praise. You are like You Praise Yourself." -
Ibn Majah also reported it.

With this, we understand that no man can count the blessings that Allah Ta'ala bestows on him, and can never do enough to pay this debt.
سُبْحـانَ اللهِ وَبِحَمْـدِهِ عَدَدَ خَلْـقِه ، وَرِضـا نَفْسِـه ، وَزِنَـةَ عَـرْشِـه ، وَمِـدادَ كَلِمـاتِـه
Subhaanallaahi wa bihamdihi: ‘Adada khalqihi wa ridhaa nafsihi, wa zinata ‘arshihi wa midaada kalimaatihi.
Glory is to Allaah and praise is to Him, by the multitude of his creation, by His Pleasure, by the weight of His Throne, and by the extent of His Words (Recite 3 times in Arabic)
Muslim 4/2090

Juwairiyah (radhi Allaahu anha) reported that one day the Prophet, peace be upon him, left her apartment in the morning as she was busy observing her dawn prayer in her place of worship. He came back in the forenoon and she was still sitting there. The Prophet, peace be upon him, said to her, “You have been in the same place since I left you?” She said, “Yes.” Thereupon the Prophet, peace be upon him, said, “I recited four words three times after I left you and if these were to be weighed against what you have recited since morning these would outweigh them, and these words are "
Subhaanallaahi wa bihamdihi: ‘Adada khalqihi wa ridhaa nafsihi, wa zinata ‘arshihi wa midaada kalimaatihi."

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.