/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How did Islam find me

RashidGarcia
12-11-2019, 09:58 AM
It’s a long story. From the beginning in Argentina, I had lost my faith, but not only my faith in God or Christianity. Even I had lost the faith in myself. In that moment (around 2009) I started to read different religion books. But not as classic religion reading, only to be informed and try to understand. In some moment, I received a Quran from a strange in Buenos Aires. I still don’t know how it was exactly but I started to read in the same way. Still I was not a believer but jus for curiosity I started to read. After a couple of months reading, a Colombian football coach, Francisco Maturana, called me to work with him in Al Nassr Riyadh Club. I had been never in Middle East up to that moment...
Once in Riyadh, i was very alone and I started to go to a mosque just because I had a “friend” in a Iman who could speak very well English. Just talking about life, he told me something I was not forget...
He told me “maybe you will discover your faith just before to die, your faith is there, you didn’t lose it”... after that, the football legend, Diego Maradona called me to work In Al Wasl Dubai with him. It was like a dream became real.
I went there and just arrived, may 2011, I had a big stomach attack, after 3 surgeries in Rashid hospital, totally alone there. Doctors told me we had to wait 48 hours, if meanwhile I didn’t die, maybe I had some chances to come back to a normal life.
In that moment, i don’t know why, I thought “I just need a signal”.
Alone in my room, I took my Quran and a emulating a YouTube video, I started to pray. With fool movements and bad spelling but trying.
A sheikh from the Islamic Center there (Satwa) came to me to “help me” to die in peace. I told him “I don’t want to die know, first I want to be a Muslim”. He suddenly started to cry.
One week later, I was recovered. And I came to the Islamic Centre to become Muslim with my two witnesses.
And now my 8 years old son is praying next to me, Alhamdulillah.

This is huge longer, with a lot of more details. I had write more than 400 pages about my experience. I’m just waiting for the moment to convert them in 150 or 160 and make a real book. Inshallah some day.

In October 2018, in Dubai, the health issues came back and I had to come back to my country, Argentina, now I´m just waiting to find a cure to come back to help new latin muslims and show them the way to Islam. Anyways, now I am more relaxed, if I cant be healthy again, I know I was a good person and Jannah is waiting for me.

Rashid (I chose my name because it is the same as the hospital that saved my life)

Attachment 6830Attachment 6831Attachment 6832Attachment 6833Attachment 6834

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ahmed.
12-11-2019, 04:26 PM
Assalamu’alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

MaashAllah brother very nice story to see Allah chose you to become a believer.

And may I, as Muslim brother who's been Muslim longer so would happen to know about Islam more, suggest to you some avice?

It's part of Allah's guidance that we don't think of ourselves as good as that amounts to pride and Allah wants us to be humble, and unlike the Christians, we do not ever be certain that we'll go to janah and we just hope that we do, InshAllah if we obey Allah till death we'll get janah, however faith lies between hope of forgiveness and entering janah and fear that we might go to hell and certainty of either (entering heaven or hell) infact damages our faith

Take care brother and looking forward to your book :)

'Abdullah
12-11-2019, 05:17 PM
Assalam O Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh brother Rashid,

Welcome to the family of Islam. May Allah cure you physically and spiritually and elevate your levels in Jannah! Ameen!

Ma'a Salama

'Abdullah
12-11-2019, 05:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by RashidGarcia
Rashid (I chose my name because it is the same as the hospital that saved my life)
Beautiful name, it means wise, mature and rightly guided.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abu-Abdullah
12-22-2019, 12:43 PM
Congratulations! Alhamdulillah ( Praise to Allah) who has guided you to Islam, the path to success in this life and the next.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.