/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Never condemn a person to Hellfire or telling him that he wont go to paradise.

taha_
12-11-2019, 01:36 PM
Assalam o alaikum rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

I heard the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) say: There were two men among Banu Isra'il, who were striving for the same goal. One of them would commit sin and the other would strive to do his best in the world. The man who exerted himself in worship continued to see the other in sin.

He would say: Refrain from it. One day he found him in sin and said to him: Refrain from it.

He said: Leave me alone with my Lord. Have you been sent as a watchman over me? He said: I swear by Allah, Allah will not forgive you, nor will he admit you to Paradise. Then their souls were taken back (by Allah), and they met together with the Lord of the worlds.

He (Allah) said to this man who had striven hard in worship; Had you knowledge about Me or had you power over that which I had in My hand? He said to the man who sinned: Go and enter Paradise by My mercy. He said about the other: Take him to Hell.

AbuHurayrah said: By Him in Whose hand my soul is, he spoke a word by which this world and the next world of his were destroyed.

حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ الصَّبَّاحِ بْنِ سُفْيَانَ، أَخْبَرَنَا عَلِيُّ بْنُ ثَابِتٍ، عَنْ عِكْرِمَةَ بْنِ عَمَّارٍ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنِي ضَمْضَمُ بْنُ جَوْسٍ، قَالَ قَالَ أَبُو هُرَيْرَةَ سَمِعْتُ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَقُولُ ‏ "‏ كَانَ رَجُلاَنِ فِي بَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ مُتَآخِيَيْنِ فَكَانَ أَحَدُهُمَا يُذْنِبُ وَالآخَرُ مُجْتَهِدٌ فِي الْعِبَادَةِ فَكَانَ لاَ يَزَالُ الْمُجْتَهِدُ يَرَى الآخَرَ عَلَى الذَّنْبِ فَيَقُولُ أَقْصِرْ ‏.‏ فَوَجَدَهُ يَوْمًا عَلَى ذَنْبٍ فَقَالَ لَهُ أَقْصِرْ فَقَالَ خَلِّنِي وَرَبِّي أَبُعِثْتَ عَلَىَّ رَقِيبًا فَقَالَ وَاللَّهِ لاَ يَغْفِرُ اللَّهُ لَكَ أَوْ لاَ يُدْخِلُكَ اللَّهُ الْجَنَّةَ ‏.‏ فَقُبِضَ أَرْوَاحُهُمَا فَاجْتَمَعَا عِنْدَ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ فَقَالَ لِهَذَا الْمُجْتَهِدِ أَكُنْتَ بِي عَالِمًا أَوْ كُنْتَ عَلَى مَا فِي يَدِي قَادِرًا وَقَالَ لِلْمُذْنِبِ اذْهَبْ فَادْخُلِ الْجَنَّةَ بِرَحْمَتِي وَقَالَ لِلآخَرِ اذْهَبُوا بِهِ إِلَى النَّارِ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالَ أَبُو هُرَيْرَةَ وَالَّذِي نَفْسِي بِيَدِهِ لَتَكَلَّمَ بِكَلِمَةٍ أَوْبَقَتْ دُنْيَاهُ وَآخِرَتَهُ ‏.‏
Grade : Sahih (Al-Albani) صحيح (الألباني) حكم :
Reference : Sunan Abi Dawud 4901
In-book reference : Book 43, Hadith 129
English translation : Book 42, Hadith 4883

It is indeed dangerous to say to a person that he will not go to paradise, or condemn him to hellfire even if he sins so much nearly as heaven size or if he is non Muslim because we dont know if he ends up reciting shahadah on his death bed

Only Allah has the right to judge anyone. We must protect our tongue as much as we can. We need to accept that we are sinners. We know that we commit sins yet we end up judging people. Allah is the Knower of the Unseen.

It is also not safe to say that we will go to Paradise. Rather it is better to not know whether if we will go to paradise or hellfire. Because these are matter of the Unseen known by Allah. We are not guaranteed Paradise.

We must hold the rope of Allah. Focus on quran and sunnah and keep our intention toward Allah only..

May Allah protect us from going arrogant which is disease to our heart .

Mustard seed size of arrogance prevents one from going to Paradise.
It was narrated from ‘Abdullah that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:

“No one will enter Paradise who has pride in his heart equal to the weight of a grain of mustard seed, and no one will enter Hell who has faith in his heart equal to the weight of a grain of mustard seed.”
حَدَّثَنَا سُوَيْدُ بْنُ سَعِيدٍ، حَدَّثَنَا عَلِيُّ بْنُ مُسْهِرٍ، ح وَحَدَّثَنَا عَلِيُّ بْنُ مَيْمُونٍ الرَّقِّيُّ، حَدَّثَنَا سَعِيدُ بْنُ مَسْلَمَةَ، جَمِيعًا عَنِ الأَعْمَشِ، عَنْ إِبْرَاهِيمَ، عَنْ عَلْقَمَةَ، عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ ـ صلى الله عليه وسلم ـ ‏ "‏ لاَ يَدْخُلُ الْجَنَّةَ مَنْ كَانَ فِي قَلْبِهِ مِثْقَالُ حَبَّةٍ مِنْ خَرْدَلٍ مِنْ كِبْرٍ وَلاَ يَدْخُلُ النَّارَ مَنْ كَانَ فِي قَلْبِهِ مِثْقَالُ حَبَّةٍ مِنْ خَرْدَلٍ مِنْ إِيمَانٍ ‏"‏ ‏.‏
Grade : Sahih (Darussalam)
English reference : Vol. 5, Book 37, Hadith 4173
Arabic reference : Book 37, Hadith 4313

Arrogance is characteristic of Satan who refused to obey Allah command thus he was expelled from Paradise and will go to hellfire forever.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Desert
12-12-2019, 01:47 PM
Jazakh Allah khair

May Allah bless you for sharing

Thank you that brought my hopes up...

Abu-Abdullah
12-22-2019, 02:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Desert
Jazakh Allah khair

May Allah bless you for sharing

Thank you that brought my hopes up...
On the authority of Anas (ra) who said:

I heard the Messenger of Allah (saw) say, “Allah the Almighty has said: ‘O Son of Adam, as long as you invoke Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O Son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and you then asked forgiveness from Me, I would forgive you. O Son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the Earth, and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as it [too].’ ”

[Tirmidhi]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.