/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The man who sold me to the USA is sentenced to death – Moazzam Begg

Caplets
12-23-2019, 12:17 AM

السلام عليكم

The man who sold me to the USA is sentenced to death

By Moazzam Begg

The man who sold me and hundreds of other prisoners into the hands of the US military to be tortured and detained without trial for years on end has been sentenced to death.

I can’t say I welcome the news of any death sentence but, it was under his leadership that Pakistan was used as a base by the CIA to kidnap people from their homes in the middle of the night, in front of their families. I will never forget the night Pakistani ISI and US CIA agents stormed into my house in the middle of the night and shut out my life for the next three years. Musharraf boasted in his book – published by the same people who published my book c1that he received “millions of dollars in bounty money” for all those he handed over.

It was under Musharraf that Pakistani airspace was used to allow bombing missions into Afghanistan that killed thousands. It was under this man that war flared up in the KPK (NWFP) region and armed UAV (drones) began targeted assassinations and brutal internal conflict. It was under this military leader that Aafia Siddiqui and her children were disappeared for 5 years inexplicably which led to her imprisonment by the US and her subsequent abandonment by Pakistan. It was under this man that hundreds disappeared from their families, never to return, like the husband of Amina Masood Janjua who has fought ever since to find out what happened to him.

It is a sad indictment in itself that Musharraf has not been charged with any of the crimes listed above – most of which occurred before the period he has been convicted for. But that’s fine. Most of the people he handed over to the US without any legal process are now free. He on the other-hand is a convicted traitor.

In truth, this man has hidden in London in the past and is currently in the Emirates where I’m sure he’ll remain, fighting his case in absentia all the way to the Supreme Court. Even then I doubt he’s ever returning to Pakistan.

All I have to say, Mr Musharraf, is that I still remember the prayers brothers used to make against you in the middle of the night, when nothing stirred except the sounds of crickets and the soft Caribbean breeze rubbing the barbed wired against the razor wire.

The noble Prophet c2 said:

Fear the prayer of the oppressed for between it and Allah there is no barrier.”

Those prayers are being made – and answered – even now.

https://www.cage.ngo/the-man-who-sol...h-moazzam-begg

------------------
c1 'Enemy Combatant' by Moazzam Begg. Available Amazon, Barnes and Noble & others. Review of the book at https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...ion.guantanamo
c2 صلى الله عليه وسلم

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abu-Abdullah
12-23-2019, 12:35 AM
Mushi boy is safe and sound, out of reach, in UAE so this verdict is basically defunct.

Caplets
12-23-2019, 02:02 PM
السلام عليكم

The Traitor's Complaint

Here is what the former President, the convicted traitor , has to say.

Pervez Musharraf, Pakistan’s controversial former leader, complained from a hospital bed in Dubai that his trial for treason, held in absentia, was unfair. The video has been broadcast by Pakistani media.

“I’ve served Pakistan all my life and I am being tried for treason,” Musharraf said in a video address from the American Hospital Dubai, where he was admitted on Monday after reportedly developing heart and blood pressure problems. “I have fought wars for Pakistan and served my country for 10 years,” he said, as cited by Geo News.

[...]

Musharraf was indicted for high treason in 2014, over declaring a state of emergency on November 2007. Since then, there have been many hearings, but the verdict is yet to be announced.

The retired general is a controversial figure in Pakistani politics. He held several senior government positions in the late 1990s and 2000s, such as chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, defense minister, prime minister, and president.

He also asked that his lawyer is heard before a verdict in his case is read. “I hope I will get justice,” Musharraf said, adding that that he was being treated unjustly.

[...]

Musharraf admitted that he opened up the country to the CIA’s anti-terror drone operations. Since then, the drone strikes, which have caused scores of civilian deaths, have been banned by Pakistan’s parliament.

https://www.rt.com/news/474989-musha...eason-verdict/

'Abdullah
12-23-2019, 05:02 PM
وَأُمْلِى لَهُمْ إِنَّ كَيْدِى مَتِينٌ
And I will give them time. Indeed, My plan is firm. [Quran 68:45]

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mahir Adnan
12-24-2019, 12:59 AM
seems Pakistan is being raped by nasty politicians repeatedly. this is why they got separated from Bangladesh. may Allah bless us all

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.