/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Beware of nationalism

taha_
12-29-2019, 02:01 PM
Assalam o Alaikum rahamutullahi wa barakuthu brothers and sisters.

(FICTIONAL) It was independence day. People were seen enjoying, singing music and dancing. There was once a righteous Muslim boy, when he heard loud noises outside, he opened window and saw people celebrating, feeling disappointed and sorrowful, his mother caught him crying, she asked him "Why did you cry, son?" The son replied to his mother sadly "I wish that the people knew what Ummah really is, I wish that I see one day, that people will be proud to call themselves Muslims, like me."

Often, nationalism / patriotism remains problem to our Ummah even still today. here we muslims call ourselves with our nation like, pakistani, indian, american Muslims etc. In fact. Fighting for sake of one's nation is not accepted by Islam. Rather Jihad is struggling in name of Allah. The lands we live in, is only temporary and will be destroyed by Allah on Day of Judgement. If we go to fight our enemies, we should make intention of fighting for sake of Allah not our lands.

Whoever is killed under the banner of blind following, who calls to tribalism or supports tribalism, then he has died upon ignorance.
Source: Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 1850, Grade: Sahih

He is not one of us who calls to tribalism. He is not one of us who fights for the sake of tribalism. He is not one of us who dies following the way of tribalism.
Source: Sunan Abī Dāwūd 5121, Grade: Hasan

Sadly we have ignored these hadiths.

No, it doesn't mean that we can't love our homeland. it is natural. But one should follow way of Islam and not way of his land..

O you who believe, be persistently standing firm in justice as witnesses for Allah, even if it be against yourselves or parents and relatives. Whether one is rich or poor, Allah is more worthy of both. Follow not your desires, lest you not be just.
Surat al-Nisa 4:135

The true superiority of one's is Taqwa. Without taqwa, a righteous black slave may end up being better than us. We have no rights to judge anyone according to their status.. Allah is the Judge.

Our Ummah has weakened. fitnah are spread everywhere. Hatred and emility. We should not follow our forefathers and their way, their cultures. Most of these cultures are baseless. it is not suprising that, the people of their prophets ignored their warning, and followed their forefathers which led them to their destruction, except Prophet Jonah peace be upon him's people. Cultures may create problems for us. For example, a young sibling cannot be married unless the older sibling gets married first, which is obviously dumb and un-islamic, it also goes against the rights of children.

We believe that we are brothers and sisters, we are children of Adam, and that we will be returned to Allah and He will judge us according to what we do. hence, we shouldn't insult people or judging them.

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Allah Almighty said: Whoever shows hostility to a friend of mine, I have declared war upon him. My servant does not grow closer to me with anything more beloved to me than the duties I have imposed upon him. My servant continues to grow closer to me with extra good works until I love him. When I love him, I am his hearing with which he hears, his seeing with which he sees, his hand with which he strikes, and his foot with which he walks. Were he to ask something from me, I would surely give it to him. Were he to ask me for refuge, I would surely grant it to him. I do not hesitate to do anything as I hesitate to take the soul of the believer, for he hates death and I hate to displease him.
Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 6137
Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Al-Bukhari

This hadtih is warning to us. that Allah will declare war against these who show emility to His friends / allies! We do not know if they have taqwa. taqwa is hidden in our hearts and can be only judged by Allah.

O you who have believed, let not a people ridicule [another] people; perhaps they may be better than them; nor let women ridicule [other] women; perhaps they may be better than them. And do not insult one another and do not call each other by [offensive] nicknames. Wretched is the name of disobedience after [one's] faith. And whoever does not repent - then it is those who are the wrongdoers.

Quran 49:11

We should stay away from takfir aswell, that's not good thing and creates hatred.

It does not matter if you are political ruler, or billionaire with beauitful women, children, big swimming pool or bugatti or konsengiegg car. THE MOST IMPORTANT PART IS YOUR TAQWA!

Please focus on way of Islam. It is only successful path to Paradise. Please humble yourself, stay away from pride / arrogance as much as you can. Alway ask Allah to forgive us, guide us to His straight path.. Remind yourself that you are nothing but slave of Allah, Who is our Creator and Lord.

Teach your children to be good and humble Muslims.

Avoid finding faults in other's and if you do, close your eyes and ask Allah from your heart to forgive that person and guide him to His straight path. that's way of humbleness. in sha Allah

Allah knows best.

JazakAllah khair

https://abuaminaelias.com/the-ignora...cism-in-islam/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
bint e aisha
12-29-2019, 03:36 PM
https://www.muftisays.com/forums/27-...=133482#133482

taha_
01-10-2020, 10:23 AM
bump

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.