/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is there a point to keep practicing?

Studentofdeed
12-31-2019, 05:59 AM
I have been struggling with hardships since I was young but the most frustrating is when your muslims are commiting it. How can I support muslims back home in foreign countries when they themselves are the cause of it. They act so arrogrant then act innocent but are so choosy of what countries to go to refugee. What is the point of being practicing muslim if I put in all the effort and gave up so much...muslims in my mosque and town are even worse than nonmuslims and they are so arrogant and they are living their life free of pain and misery. I'm struggling with temptations to succumb to desire, issues of faith, constant anger and depression. A man in the mosque started shouting like a maniac and I told him to calm down. He told his kids to stay away from me. Most them dont even consider me even muslim. Another person who I thought was a good person, whose son I helped him out and did so many favors backstabs me and his whole family are ignoring me and boycotting me. When I tried saying salaam they didnt even shake my hand. His little brother was like my baby brother and now he isnt talking to me. What am I doing with my life...that I'm restraining it and holding my temper. Why shouldn't I just do haram, enjoy my life, or punch the life out of these people who call me hindu and dont even consider me as muslim. When I confronted the imam about this, he said it was waswas and the person boycotting said there is no issue between us. That man had the audacity to lie. Why should I practice when I'm being oppressed and my life is a joke when these so called muslims take islam for a granted. I'm sick and tired of my life being torn apart by these guys. Why should i not just curse them and make dua against them? I'm trying so hard but honestly I'm at the end of this nonsense...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Studentofdeed
12-31-2019, 06:02 AM
I feel so lonely and women are constantly staring at me and making advances...I'm resisting while the other young muslims are flirting with women nonstop. This hypocricy and nonsense and them thinking I'm a pathetic muslim...it all would have been easier if Allah was on my side...but honestly I feel like Allah is sending me a message through these guys that I'm pathetic and they are better than me

taha_
12-31-2019, 06:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Studentofdeed
I feel so lonely and women are constantly staring at me and making advances...I'm resisting while the other young muslims are flirting with women nonstop. This hypocricy and nonsense and them thinking I'm a pathetic muslim...it all would have been easier if Allah was on my side...but honestly I feel like Allah is sending me a message through these guys that I'm pathetic and they are better than me
Assalam o alaikum rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu brother

Again you are thinking negatively of Allah.

Did u even make duas against the oppressors?

I think you could make hijrah and move to other good muslim town. The early followers of Muhammad peace be upon him suffered so much at mecca til their migration to yathrib ( now medina)

You have to be patient. Prophets peace be upon them didnt say anything like this when they were tested severely

Stop thinking of yourself negatively. Brother we are there for you ., we love you for sake of Allah.

Ask Allah to help you. Dont stop yourself, you still can make duas against your oppressors

You can pass this test.

Allah doesnt put any difficulties above ur capabilities.

Nothing wrong with hijrah. It is useful , in sha Allah you can go to other muslim town where u can practice ur religion

May Allah help you

Allah knows best

JazakAllah khair

'Abd-al Latif
12-31-2019, 11:48 AM
I have been struggling with hardships since I was young but the most frustrating is when your muslims are commiting it. How can I support muslims back home in foreign countries when they themselves are the cause of it. They act so arrogrant then act innocent but are so choosy of what countries to go to refugee. What is the point of being practicing muslim if I put in all the effort and gave up so much...muslims in my mosque and town are even worse than nonmuslims and they are so arrogant and they are living their life free of pain and misery. I'm struggling with temptations to succumb to desire, issues of faith, constant anger and depression. A man in the mosque started shouting like a maniac and I told him to calm down. He told his kids to stay away from me. Most them dont even consider me even muslim. Another person who I thought was a good person, whose son I helped him out and did so many favors backstabs me and his whole family are ignoring me and boycotting me. When I tried saying salaam they didnt even shake my hand. His little brother was like my baby brother and now he isnt talking to me. What am I doing with my life...that I'm restraining it and holding my temper. Why shouldn't I just do haram, enjoy my life, or punch the life out of these people who call me hindu and dont even consider me as muslim. When I confronted the imam about this, he said it was waswas and the person boycotting said there is no issue between us. That man had the audacity to lie. Why should I practice when I'm being oppressed and my life is a joke when these so called muslims take islam for a granted. I'm sick and tired of my life being torn apart by these guys. Why should i not just curse them and make dua against them? I'm trying so hard but honestly I'm at the end of this nonsense...
You are not accountable for the actions of other people. You're accountable for your own actions.

Generally speaking if Allah tests you then He loves you. Your struggles in life will build your character and give you a deeper understanding of Islam that you will not achieve otherwise. Most importantly, your persistency in doing what Allah loves and striving in His cause will allow you to attain lofty station - in this world and the next - that you won't achieve without showing your true worth to the Almighty. Tests reveal who you are towards your Lord and they make your character apparent to those around you. Where do you think you stand with your Lord?

Focus your efforts on pleasing Allah alone. Don't do it for the people. Yunus (a.s) was swallowed by the whale because he walked away from his people due to impatience. This was a sign from Allah that He does not accept quitting. When Yunus realised that this was a sign from Allah, he asked Allah to forgive him with the famous mentioned in Qur'an as 'There is none worthy of worship except you (O Allah), glory be to you. I have been of the wrong-doers'. I'm not suggesting that you should continue to whatever it is that's causing problems between you and them but to not sink to a low level.

My advice to you, if you want to accept it, is simple: Don't be impatient and don't take things so personally. Focus on yourself and your iman and leave people to themselves. You aren't accountable for them.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Studentofdeed
12-31-2019, 05:03 PM
I just hope me giving so many things up is worth it...I gave up so many desires for Allah yet I still feel empty and tired. People mock me still and their kids are biggest sinnere worse than nonmuslims. So many beautiful women have made advances on me and I rejected them all for the sake of Allah. One woman in particular who I thought was real special...i just feel like a fool and I'm missing out while eveyone is enjoying while mocking me

taha_
12-31-2019, 05:28 PM
Assalam o alaikum rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu brother

Please try to not complain too much. Dont insult yourself,

Take a rest in your house. Try to learn to be sufficient and only need Allah.

It is good that you gave some of ur desires. Sometime somethings we desire may end up being dangerous to us.

You can ignore people. Just don't pay attention to them.

Dont let ur heart take it.

Focus on Allah. Just do more dikhr read Quran. Try to follow sunnah

Spend some time with your family.

Take rest to keep your mental health good. It is not haram.

Leave these people to be judged by Allah. Just focus on improving yourself. Dont overthink. Write reminders on your phone or computer that Allah wants you to do more good deeds for His sake.

Be patient be patient.

Pray to Allah to protect you from all evils

Allah knows best

JazakAllah khair

Studentofdeed
12-31-2019, 06:29 PM
Are we good deeds and efforts wasted? What should I do when people are boycotting me? You say make dua against them? But what would be the point ....only stupid reason I allow injustice upon myself and dont make dua is that hoping Allah would love me or be pleased instead I'm only more humiliated

'Abd-al Latif
12-31-2019, 08:15 PM
I just hope me giving so many things up is worth it...I gave up so many desires for Allah yet I still feel empty and tired. People mock me still and their kids are biggest sinnere worse than nonmuslims. So many beautiful women have made advances on me and I rejected them all for the sake of Allah. One woman in particular who I thought was real special...i just feel like a fool and I'm missing out while eveyone is enjoying while mocking me
You don't spend much time reading Qur'an do you?

Everything happens for a reason even if you can't see it right now. People mocked all of the Prophets and Messengers of Allah even though they are amongst the greatest of creation. What makes you think you're an exception?

You're not at a lot loss if Allah removes harmful people from your life. There are substitutes for everything in this world. If anything, your answer to your sorrows is in your words: these people are clearly making you miserable and yet you choose to mourn because Allah's taking them away from you?

Studentofdeed
12-31-2019, 11:42 PM
I do read the Quran brother, but I feel it's more related to the prophet Muhammad Saw then me. Its issues are more directed to the disbelievers. I'm trying but just need more reassurances that's I'm not being a fool trying to be religous when young

taha_
01-01-2020, 02:05 AM
I do read the Quran brother, but I feel it's more related to the prophet Muhammad Saw then me. Its issues are more directed to the disbelievers. I'm trying but just need more reassurances that's I'm not being a fool trying to be religous when young
Assalam o alaikum rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

Duas of oppressed is always answered . It's your choice.

Quran is message from Allah for mankind. It is word of Allah, our Lord.

It serves as lesson for our life. How we live according to Allah orders is very important.

One of intention that we can make before reading Quran is seeking guidance from Allah.

In sha Allah you can understand it. Just be patient and focus on understanding it. Read tafsir .

Thinking negatively can have problems for us. It affects our iman. We shouldn't focus on that. Only iman.

We do not know when death will visit us.

We do not know if we go to paradise or hellfire.

This world is temporary. Try to live according to Allah orders..

Quran and Sunnah. They are only successful path. Even small good deeds is still beloved by Allah.

Forget these people. Leave them to be judged by Allah.

Be thankful. Smile as it is sunnah

JazakAllah khair

Islami.Mu'mina
01-01-2020, 08:00 PM
Life will be very exhausting, especially when you are trying to remain as a good person. People may continue to back stab you and remain arrogant (Even muslims!), but they will have to pay for that one day! You will be accounted to your deeds one day. Until then, keep trying! It seems like life is very long, but when you get much older, you will take back those world, because indeed this life is short. If you make it into paradise, you will completely forget about these problems and hardships.

Also, remember, these are tests from Allah swt. We are all tested in different ways. But you are struggling and this is a very good sign. Learning to move on and push through hardships shows that you are a wise person. No matter how many times people hurt you, back stab you, make you feel like your worthless, it really doesn't mean anything. In reality, these horrible people do these things to others because they have their own problems and insecurities.

So push through these tests, remain on the right path, then one day, you will forget all of this.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.