/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Will my parent who passed away before I had children meet them in jannah?

anonymous
01-02-2020, 11:36 AM
It is the biggest heartbreak of my life that my parent passed away before I had children & they could enjoy the joys of being a grandparent.

Will they meet them in jannah?

I read we will all be around 33 in jannah though, so if they do meet they won’t meet in the context as older grandparent & younger grandchild?

I know in jannah we will all be in eternal bliss & there won’t be any sad feelings, but I guess I’m just looking for some kind of comfort right now about my parent missing out on what would have been one of the biggest blessings & life changing joy in their life.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
01-02-2020, 12:00 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

May your parent be granted jannah and may you raise children worthy of jannah as well and you all reunite there together ameen. This is not something worth being worried about. I think it matters more to you than them right now.

Nitro Zeus
01-02-2020, 11:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
It is the biggest heartbreak of my life that my parent passed away before I had children & they could enjoy the joys of being a grandparent.

Will they meet them in jannah?

I read we will all be around 33 in jannah though, so if they do meet they won’t meet in the context as older grandparent & younger grandchild?

I know in jannah we will all be in eternal bliss & there won’t be any sad feelings, but I guess I’m just looking for some kind of comfort right now about my parent missing out on what would have been one of the biggest blessings & life changing joy in their life.
I totally understand your feelings of loosing someone. I too have lost forever my dear grandpa who was a Orthodox Christian, but now I found out that he will be in Hell for all eternity, that's very sad news. Well, if your parents died as Muslims, then you should not worry about them, because if you die as Muslim like them, then both of you will meet in Paradise guaranteed. So, the most important question is: have they at least died as Muslims? Also, encourage your kids to follow the teachings of Prophet because it will benefit them in Hereafter, teach them about the wonderful prayers called Tahajjud, Awabin and Ghufayla. These prayers offer forgiveness for your sins. And inspire them so that they will follow willingly the Sunnah of Prophet and inshaallah, they too will die as Muslim and if you strive for good death, then you too shall die as Muslim.

Iceee
01-03-2020, 12:27 AM
Salaam,

Firstly, I am sorry for your loss. Losing a parent is one of the hardest things in life. May Allah make it easier for you. Ameen.

To answer your question, Yes. Your parents who passed away will meet you and your children in Jannah, Inshallah.

Part of the happiness that Allah has guaranteed to His believing slaves is that He will reunite the family, parents and children, after they all enter Paradise by the mercy of Allah and the intercession of Prophet Muhammad (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him).

This promise is mentioned in the holy Book of Allah, in the verses that will be recited until the Day of Resurrection, in which Allah, may He be exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And those who believe and whose offspring follow them in Faith, to them shall We join their offspring, and We shall not decrease the reward of their deeds in anything”
[at-Toor 52:21].

Ibn ‘Abbaas said, commenting on this verse:

Allah will raise the offspring of the believer to the same degree as him, even if they are lower than him in terms of good deeds, so as to bring joy to his heart. Then he recited the words (interpretation of the meaning):

“And those who believe and whose offspring follow them in Faith, to them shall We join their offspring, and We shall not decrease the reward of their deeds in anything”

[at-Toor 52:21]. Narrated by Ibn Abi Haatim in at-Tafseer, and by Ibn Abi’d-Dunya in al-‘Iyaal (no. 357), and by others.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.