/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is considered judge

Nmkhan559
01-10-2020, 02:33 PM
Assalam walaikum, recently I uploaded a verse from the hadith about what prophet Muhammad pbuh said about everyone involved from the grower to the buyer of alcohol to the drinker of alcohol on social media. I got a really harsh response. I had not named anyone on the post, I didn't tell anyone to read it and follow it. The title said alcohol in islam and below it the quote from the hadith. I was told I should follow what I preach. Which I don't drink. I shouldn't be posting things like that. I was also told I should make my iman better. My question is if someone tells me to make my iman better is that judging me. What is the rulling on it and what is the punishment for the one that said something like that. Allah Hafiz

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Supernova
01-11-2020, 01:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nmkhan559
Assalam walaikum, recently I uploaded a verse from the hadith about what prophet Muhammad pbuh said about everyone involved from the grower to the buyer of alcohol to the drinker of alcohol on social media. I got a really harsh response. I had not named anyone on the post, I didn't tell anyone to read it and follow it. The title said alcohol in islam and below it the quote from the hadith. I was told I should follow what I preach. Which I don't drink. I shouldn't be posting things like that. I was also told I should make my iman better. My question is if someone tells me to make my iman better is that judging me. What is the rulling on it and what is the punishment for the one that said something like that. Allah Hafiz
Asalaamualaykum:

The reality of your situation is neither party has "judged" anyone. Allow me to explain.

We live in a world today whereby people (Even English speaking people) don't really understand what "judge" means. Even worse, they then transpose this botched up meaning into matters of Islam.

By you posting what you have posted will be qualified as gentle advice or a reminder of matters concerning the deen.

Their response to you also qualifies as a gentle reminder/ advice.

Whenever someone is given advice, many people resort to "Don't judge me". Simple advice in Islam does not qualify as judgement. It is peoples Nafs that get the better of them and thereby transform "Advice" into "Judgement".

Advice : is simple relating a Quaranic Ayah/Hadith or even story for the benefit of the other person whereby a lesson can be taken from it.

Judgement: on the hand is whereby you quote a Quranic Ayah/ hadith/story AND then go into second gear by telling the other party that they WILL Definitely Go to Jahanam should they do or omit an action. In other words Judgement is whereby you end superimposing yourself into GOD and making a judgement call on behalf of GOD !!!!

If there is a stern warning in an action of vice - then just simply relate the Ayah or Hadith with its relevant warning, But do not go into playing GOD and making decisions on behalf of God.

Please find out more on the topic by asking an Aalim/Aalima.

taha_
01-11-2020, 01:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supernova
Asalaamualaykum:

The reality of your situation is neither party has "judged" anyone. Allow me to explain.

We live in a world today whereby people (Even English speaking people) don't really understand what "judge" means. Even worse, they then transpose this botched up meaning into matters of Islam.

By you posting what you have posted will be qualified as gentle advice or a reminder of matters concerning the deen.

Their response to you also qualifies as a gentle reminder/ advice.

Whenever someone is given advice, many people resort to "Don't judge me". Simple advice in Islam does not qualify as judgement. It is peoples Nafs that get the better of them and thereby transform "Advice" into "Judgement".

Advice : is simple relating a Quaranic Ayah/Hadith or even story for the benefit of the other person whereby a lesson can be taken from it.

Judgement: on the hand is whereby you quote a Quranic Ayah/ hadith/story AND then go into second gear by telling the other party that they WILL Definitely Go to Jahanam should they do or omit an action. In other words Judgement is whereby you end superimposing yourself into GOD and making a judgement call on behalf of GOD !!!!

If there is a stern warning in an action of vice - then just simply relate the Ayah or Hadith with its relevant warning, But do not go into playing GOD and making decisions on behalf of God.

Please find out more on the topic by asking an Aalim/Aalima.
Also this hadith is lesson for us, we should focus on improving ourselves rather than looking into anyone. we will still be judged according to our deeds by Allah.

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Two men among the children of Israel were the opposite of each other. One of them was a sinner and the other would strive in worship. The worshiper would see the sinner and tell him to stop. One day he found him sinning so he said: Stop! The sinner said: Leave me alone, by my Lord, have you been sent to watch over me? The worshiper said: By Allah, Allah will not forgive you or admit you into Paradise. Later their souls were taken and they met in the presence of the Lord of the worlds. Allah said to the worshiper: Did you have knowledge of me or power over what is in my hand? Allah said to the sinner: Enter Paradise by my mercy. And Allah said to the worshiper: Take him to the Hellfire.”
Abu Huraira said, “By the one in whose hand is my life, he spoke a word which ruined him in this world and the Hereafter.”
Source: Sunan Abī Dāwūd 4901
Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Al-Albani

jazakAllah khair

keiv
01-11-2020, 03:54 PM
If someone reacts to your post about alcohol by saying to practice what you preach while you yourself don’t drink, it’s pretty clear this is a reactionary attitude against you and not so much a gentle advice since that person is making the assumption you drink. The fact that they also reacted by telling you not to post such things pretty much speaks for itself in my opinion.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
M.I.A.
01-12-2020, 09:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nmkhan559
There is so much information on the religion that if a person were inclined, they could reach any conclusion on a subject.

Further more they could use any number of proofs to back up the view they hold.

Over time these views may change as more information or the understanding of information changes a person.

Your stance on alcohol is the here and now, the involvement of people in alcohol is detrimental to the self, the family, community and society.

So you do have a point.. but..

Sometimes a person has to be able to approach people in a way that does not shun them..

It depends on if you are bothered by the things you start or which way you intention them to go.

Ultimately the judge is Allah swt, some peoples harshness is part of who they are and some peoples softness is part of the character they have been given.

Most people dont ever want to be proved wrong.. so it's hard sometimes.

At the end of the day, our judgement is with Allah swt.. the internet is not real life.

The answers here are formulated and given time to be spoken and heard.. it's just information, if you can interpret it as anything other than against you then it's something to learn from.

“Two men among the children of Israel were the opposite of each other. One of them was a sinner and the other would strive in worship. The worshiper would see the sinner and tell him to stop. One day he found him sinning so he said: Stop! The sinner said: Leave me alone, by my Lord, have you been sent to watch over me? The worshiper said: By Allah, Allah will not forgive you or admit you into Paradise. Later their souls were taken and they met in the presence of the Lord of the worlds. Allah said to the worshiper: Did you have knowledge of me or power over what is in my hand? Allah said to the sinner: Enter Paradise by my mercy. And Allah said to the worshiper: Take him to the Hellfire.”

If we live this way then not a lot is achieved, at most one would take pleasure in the change of the other.. for better.. or for worse..

And if that's your goal then it should be easy to learn what judgement is..

...it is far away.

..it is tomorrow.

Isn't it?

You would certainly not think the meeting between you and your lord would be in the presence of a people so unlike you.

This post is so long and full of rubbish.. I should have gone in a different direction.

Quran 4:43

O you who have believed, do not approach prayer while you are intoxicated until you know what you are saying or in a state of janabah, except those passing through [a place of prayer], until you have washed [your whole body]. And if you are ill or on a journey or one of you comes from the place of relieving himself or you have contacted women and find no water, then seek clean earth and wipe over your faces and your hands [with it]. Indeed, Allah is ever Pardoning and Forgiving.

My understanding purely from others is that this is how it started.. and as the muslim people and society progressed, the attitude towards alcohol changed and it became less socially acceptable to the point of no longer being tolerated in society.. as a whole.. and by the government.

Now you have to ask if mankind lives by the will of Allah swt or if it makes its own mind up..

But I ain't answering that one.

Your right to avoid alcohol and all paths from it, it is better for you and your family.. convincing others requires something else..

Alcoholics anonymous?

A doctors intervention?

Higher taxation?

..I have no idea.. but everybody is aware of a problem.

I have too many of my own to be fair, the self is toooo big.. it inhabits places where Iman should be..

It will change but the lapses worry me more than the steadfastness..

I do not know who has found a foothold in my sins or lost his footing thereby..

Now wouldnt that be responsibility?

Religion is very hard to talk about for me really, if my writings this convoluted you can at least smile at the thought of me not talking much.

Lol, hope you benefit from the forum.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.