/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ruling about praying for dead non Muslims

Nitro Zeus
01-23-2020, 09:41 AM
Greetings everyone!

My ancestors were Roman, Dacian, Mesopotamian and Arabian polytheists who I guess they did not heard about Islam and I wonder, for them I can pray for Allah To grant them success in their last test in Judgment Day so that I can have all my genealogy tree in Paradise? Because I really want to meet my Dacian ancestors who were in my family tree and I want to know them and I don't like to see none of my family members to be in Hell forever.

And I have also many Christian male and female friends whom I spend my childhood since we were born and still we know one another, but the think is that I don't know to give them lectures about Islam. So my best thinking is that maybe when they will die, I can ask Allah To grant them also success in their last test in judgment a Day so that I can have them also with me in Paradise and their family tree as well so that we can know more and better with one another if we did not get that chance in this world.

Would that go against Quran and Sunnah if I would do this? Because, I really crave for their presence, I simply hate to not see any of my family members with me in Paradise because I don't like to be the only one from my own family in Paradise. Why do I say this? Because, I try to follow the correct Sunnah of Prophet while my dad keeps sinning by deliberately pray by combining prayers without a valid excuse such as traveling. And my opinion is that he might not be able to say there is no God but Allah at his time of death.

And even my grandma did not heard about Muhammad nor that she knows something about him, and I don't want to discuss this with her about this matter because I might cause chaos in my family and I better don't do that.

So my questions are:

1. Is that 100% ok Islamically if I pray,for Allah To grant them success in their last test of Judgment Day?

2. I can ask Allah To put all my entire genealogy tree to be in the Highest Garden of Paradise?

3. When my Christian friends die, I can ask Allah To grant them success in their last test of Judgment Day in order to see them in Paradise and meet them over there?

4. I can ask Allah To Make my, entire gebealogy tree and my Christians friends to be a neighbor of prophet Muhammad? Including my own Christian friends?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
taha_
01-23-2020, 10:29 AM
Assalam o Alaikum rahamutullahi wa barkauthu.

format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
And my opinion is that he might not be able to say there is no God but Allah at his time of death.
This is matter of the unseen. death cannot be predicited. only Allah knows who will die and what land they will meet their fate.

Kindly ask your dad that combining prayers without excuses is not allowed, and that you must pray 5 prayers.

And I have also many Christian male and female friends whom I spend my childhood since we were born and still we know one another, but the think is that I don't know to give them lectures about Islam.
Islam is only accepted religion now. Non muslims who have heard about islam but died without saying "There is no god but Allah and Muhammad is His Messenger" are given no excuses. they're doomed. Allah says in Quran

Sahih International: And whoever desires other than Islam as religion - never will it be accepted from him, and he, in the Hereafter, will be among the losers. (3:85)

I suggest that you can try to tell them that Islam is that there is no god but Allah, who is One and Only without partner, to pray 5 prayers, fasting, performing Hajj once in lifetime and to give zakat. and if they know this then. tell them more about islam with knowledge, which Allah has given you

But we Muslims don't guide anyone instead we convey the message of Islam, it is Allah Who guides whoever He wills. so ask Him sincrely to guide your christian friends. also you should not be friends with non mahram girls, no matter how strong your iman is. door to fitnah could be opened easily. A man and non mahram woman without guardian are not alone, shaitan is with them.

My ancestors were Dacian, Mesopotamian and Arabian polytheists who I guess they did not heard about Islam
Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:
This shows that whoever dies in a state of kufr will be in Hell. And being related to one who is close to Allaah will not avail him anything. It also shows that whoever died during the fatrah (the interval between the Prophethood of ‘Eesa (peace be upon him) and that of Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)) and was the follower of the way of the Arabs at that time, which was idol worship, will also be among the people of Hell. There is no excuse for the call not reaching them, because the call of Ibraaheem and other Prophets (peace be upon them) had reached these people.

Allah knows best about your ancestors... It is better to leave them to be judged by Allah.

One thing. we should be more concerned about our deeds. Will our hereafter be succuessful or doomed? Will Allah forgive us? We have to focus on obeying Allah and His messenger. We don't know what will happen to us.

Allah is Al-Wadud (Most Loving) He cares for us even though most of us are ungrateful to Him. We need Him, He does not need us anyways. I would look at His Face and speak to Him directly, isn't that greatest feeling? Seeing the Face of Creator or our forefathers?

Our wives, children, parents, best friends leave us, but our Creator will never leave us. Allah is Most Merciful and Most Loving. :)

Allah knows best.

jazakAllah khair

Nitro Zeus
01-23-2020, 12:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by taha_
Assalam o Alaikum rahamutullahi wa barkauthu.

This is matter of the unseen. death cannot be predicited. only Allah knows who will die and what land they will meet their fate.

Kindly ask your dad that combining prayers without excuses is not allowed, and that you must pray 5 prayers.

Islam is only accepted religion now. Non muslims who have heard about islam but died without saying "There is no god but Allah and Muhammad is His Messenger" are given no excuses. they're doomed. Allah says in Quran

Sahih International: And whoever desires other than Islam as religion - never will it be accepted from him, and he, in the Hereafter, will be among the losers. (3:85)

I suggest that you can try to tell them that Islam is that there is no god but Allah, who is One and Only without partner, to pray 5 prayers, fasting, performing Hajj once in lifetime and to give zakat. and if they know this then. tell them more about islam with knowledge, which Allah has given you

But we Muslims don't guide anyone instead we convey the message of Islam, it is Allah Who guides whoever He wills. so ask Him sincrely to guide your christian friends. also you should not be friends with non mahram girls, no matter how strong your iman is. door to fitnah could be opened easily. A man and non mahram woman without guardian are not alone, shaitan is with them.

Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:
This shows that whoever dies in a state of kufr will be in Hell. And being related to one who is close to Allaah will not avail him anything. It also shows that whoever died during the fatrah (the interval between the Prophethood of ‘Eesa (peace be upon him) and that of Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)) and was the follower of the way of the Arabs at that time, which was idol worship, will also be among the people of Hell. There is no excuse for the call not reaching them, because the call of Ibraaheem and other Prophets (peace be upon them) had reached these people.

Allah knows best about your ancestors... It is better to leave them to be judged by Allah.

One thing. we should be more concerned about our deeds. Will our hereafter be succuessful or doomed? Will Allah forgive us? We have to focus on obeying Allah and His messenger. We don't know what will happen to us.

Allah is Al-Wadud (Most Loving) He cares for us even though most of us are ungrateful to Him. We need Him, He does not need us anyways. I would look at His Face and speak to Him directly, isn't that greatest feeling? Seeing the Face of Creator or our forefathers?

Our wives, children, parents, best friends leave us, but our Creator will never leave us. Allah is Most Merciful and Most Loving. :)

Allah knows best.

jazakAllah khair
And error was made and deletion was necessesary to occur

'Abdullah
01-23-2020, 03:37 PM
Greetings everyone!

My ancestors were Roman, Dacian, Mesopotamian and Arabian polytheists who I guess they did not heard about Islam and I wonder, for them I can pray for Allah To grant them success in their last test in Judgment Day so that I can have all my genealogy tree in Paradise? Because I really want to meet my Dacian ancestors who were in my family tree and I want to know them and I don't like to see none of my family members to be in Hell forever.

And I have also many Christian male and female friends whom I spend my childhood since we were born and still we know one another, but the think is that I don't know to give them lectures about Islam. So my best thinking is that maybe when they will die, I can ask Allah To grant them also success in their last test in judgment a Day so that I can have them also with me in Paradise and their family tree as well so that we can know more and better with one another if we did not get that chance in this world.

Would that go against Quran and Sunnah if I would do this? Because, I really crave for their presence, I simply hate to not see any of my family members with me in Paradise because I don't like to be the only one from my own family in Paradise. Why do I say this? Because, I try to follow the correct Sunnah of Prophet while my dad keeps sinning by deliberately pray by combining prayers without a valid excuse such as traveling. And my opinion is that he might not be able to say there is no God but Allah at his time of death.

And even my grandma did not heard about Muhammad nor that she knows something about him, and I don't want to discuss this with her about this matter because I might cause chaos in my family and I better don't do that.

So my questions are:

1. Is that 100% ok Islamically if I pray,for Allah To grant them success in their last test of Judgment Day?

2. I can ask Allah To put all my entire genealogy tree to be in the Highest Garden of Paradise?

3. When my Christian friends die, I can ask Allah To grant them success in their last test of Judgment Day in order to see them in Paradise and meet them over there?

4. I can ask Allah To Make my, entire gebealogy tree and my Christians friends to be a neighbor of prophet Muhammad? Including my own Christian friends?
Assalam O Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh Brother,

The answer to all of your question can be found if you can understand the hadith below:
Narrated Sa`id bin Al-Musaiyab from his father:
When the time of the death of Abu Talib approached, Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) went to him and found Abu Jahl bin Hisham and `Abdullah bin Abi Umaiya bin Al-Mughira by his side. Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said to Abu Talib, "O uncle! Say: None has the right to be worshipped but Allah, a sentence with which I shall be a witness (i.e. argue) for you before Allah. Abu Jahl and `Abdullah bin Abi Umaiya said, "O Abu Talib! Are you going to denounce the religion of `Abdul Muttalib?" Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) kept on inviting Abu Talib to say it (i.e. 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah') while they (Abu Jahl and `Abdullah) kept on repeating their statement till Abu Talib said as his last statement that he was on the religion of `Abdul Muttalib and refused to say, 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah.' (Then Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "I will keep on asking Allah's forgiveness for you unless I am forbidden (by Allah) to do so." So Allah revealed (the verse) concerning him (i.e. It is not fitting for the Prophet (ﷺ) and those who believe that they should invoke (Allah) for forgiveness for pagans even though they be of kin, after it has become clear to them that they are companions of the fire ( Quran 9:113).

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ، أَخْبَرَنَا يَعْقُوبُ بْنُ إِبْرَاهِيمَ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنِي أَبِي، عَنْ صَالِحٍ، عَنِ ابْنِ شِهَابٍ، قَالَ أَخْبَرَنِي سَعِيدُ بْنُ الْمُسَيَّبِ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، أَنَّهُ أَخْبَرَهُ أَنَّهُ، لَمَّا حَضَرَتْ أَبَا طَالِبٍ الْوَفَاةُ جَاءَهُ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَوَجَدَ عِنْدَهُ أَبَا جَهْلِ بْنَ هِشَامٍ، وَعَبْدَ اللَّهِ بْنَ أَبِي أُمَيَّةَ بْنِ الْمُغِيرَةِ، قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم لأَبِي طَالِبٍ ‏"‏ يَا عَمِّ، قُلْ لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ اللَّهُ، كَلِمَةً أَشْهَدُ لَكَ بِهَا عِنْدَ اللَّهِ ‏"‏‏.‏ فَقَالَ أَبُو جَهْلٍ وَعَبْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ أَبِي أُمَيَّةَ يَا أَبَا طَالِبٍ، أَتَرْغَبُ عَنْ مِلَّةِ عَبْدِ الْمُطَّلِبِ فَلَمْ يَزَلْ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَعْرِضُهَا عَلَيْهِ، وَيَعُودَانِ بِتِلْكَ الْمَقَالَةِ، حَتَّى قَالَ أَبُو طَالِبٍ آخِرَ مَا كَلَّمَهُمْ هُوَ عَلَى مِلَّةِ عَبْدِ الْمُطَّلِبِ، وَأَبَى أَنْ يَقُولَ لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ اللَّهُ‏.‏ فَقَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏"‏ أَمَا وَاللَّهِ لأَسْتَغْفِرَنَّ لَكَ، مَا لَمْ أُنْهَ عَنْكَ ‏"‏‏.‏ فَأَنْزَلَ اللَّهُ تَعَالَى فِيهِ ‏{‏مَا كَانَ لِلنَّبِيِّ‏}‏ الآيَةَ‏.‏
Reference: Sahih al-Bukhari 1360
In-book reference: Book 23, Hadith 114
USC-MSA web (English) reference: Vol. 2, Book 23, Hadith 442
https://sunnah.com/bukhari/23/114

The best you can do is to learn Islam and focus on improving your character. You represent Islam so keep your character and conduct as best as possible. Help the poor and needy in your community, visit those who are sick, respect the elders and always be there to help them. This is the best Dawah you can give to your family and friends. You can pray to Allah to guide them to Islam while they are alive and Allah will guide them if they want to be guided. If they don't want to be guided then there is nothing you can do about it.

Regarding the ruling, I have copied few links below. Its opinion of different scholars, you can read them to educate yourself. The summary of these articles is already stated in my post but it will be more beneficial if you read these fatwas at your own and see why it is prohibited to ask for forgiveness of non-Muslims.
https://seekersguidance.org/answers/...o-passed-away/
https://www.dar-alifta.org/Foreign/V...a.aspx?ID=5934
http://www.drhatemalhaj.com/qa/index...uslim-parents/

And Allah knows the best.

Ma'aSalam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nitro Zeus
01-23-2020, 03:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HabibUrrehman
Assalam O Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh Brother,

The answer to all of your question can be found if you can understand the hadith below:
Narrated Sa`id bin Al-Musaiyab from his father:
When the time of the death of Abu Talib approached, Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) went to him and found Abu Jahl bin Hisham and `Abdullah bin Abi Umaiya bin Al-Mughira by his side. Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said to Abu Talib, "O uncle! Say: None has the right to be worshipped but Allah, a sentence with which I shall be a witness (i.e. argue) for you before Allah. Abu Jahl and `Abdullah bin Abi Umaiya said, "O Abu Talib! Are you going to denounce the religion of `Abdul Muttalib?" Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) kept on inviting Abu Talib to say it (i.e. 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah') while they (Abu Jahl and `Abdullah) kept on repeating their statement till Abu Talib said as his last statement that he was on the religion of `Abdul Muttalib and refused to say, 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah.' (Then Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "I will keep on asking Allah's forgiveness for you unless I am forbidden (by Allah) to do so." So Allah revealed (the verse) concerning him (i.e. It is not fitting for the Prophet (ﷺ) and those who believe that they should invoke (Allah) for forgiveness for pagans even though they be of kin, after it has become clear to them that they are companions of the fire ( Quran 9:113).

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ، أَخْبَرَنَا يَعْقُوبُ بْنُ إِبْرَاهِيمَ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنِي أَبِي، عَنْ صَالِحٍ، عَنِ ابْنِ شِهَابٍ، قَالَ أَخْبَرَنِي سَعِيدُ بْنُ الْمُسَيَّبِ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، أَنَّهُ أَخْبَرَهُ أَنَّهُ، لَمَّا حَضَرَتْ أَبَا طَالِبٍ الْوَفَاةُ جَاءَهُ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَوَجَدَ عِنْدَهُ أَبَا جَهْلِ بْنَ هِشَامٍ، وَعَبْدَ اللَّهِ بْنَ أَبِي أُمَيَّةَ بْنِ الْمُغِيرَةِ، قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم لأَبِي طَالِبٍ ‏"‏ يَا عَمِّ، قُلْ لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ اللَّهُ، كَلِمَةً أَشْهَدُ لَكَ بِهَا عِنْدَ اللَّهِ ‏"‏‏.‏ فَقَالَ أَبُو جَهْلٍ وَعَبْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ أَبِي أُمَيَّةَ يَا أَبَا طَالِبٍ، أَتَرْغَبُ عَنْ مِلَّةِ عَبْدِ الْمُطَّلِبِ فَلَمْ يَزَلْ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَعْرِضُهَا عَلَيْهِ، وَيَعُودَانِ بِتِلْكَ الْمَقَالَةِ، حَتَّى قَالَ أَبُو طَالِبٍ آخِرَ مَا كَلَّمَهُمْ هُوَ عَلَى مِلَّةِ عَبْدِ الْمُطَّلِبِ، وَأَبَى أَنْ يَقُولَ لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ اللَّهُ‏.‏ فَقَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏"‏ أَمَا وَاللَّهِ لأَسْتَغْفِرَنَّ لَكَ، مَا لَمْ أُنْهَ عَنْكَ ‏"‏‏.‏ فَأَنْزَلَ اللَّهُ تَعَالَى فِيهِ ‏{‏مَا كَانَ لِلنَّبِيِّ‏}‏ الآيَةَ‏.‏
Reference: Sahih al-Bukhari 1360
In-book reference: Book 23, Hadith 114
USC-MSA web (English) reference: Vol. 2, Book 23, Hadith 442
https://sunnah.com/bukhari/23/114

The best you can do is to learn Islam and focus on improving your character. You represent Islam so keep your character and conduct as best as possible. Help the poor and needy in your community, visit those who are sick, respect the elders and always be there to help them. This is the best Dawah you can give to your family and friends. You can pray to Allah to guide them to Islam while they are alive and Allah will guide them if they want to be guided. If they don't want to be guided then there is nothing you can do about it. And Allah knows the best.

Ma'aSalam
Thank you very much! May Allah reward you for your efforts. Truly no good effort is wasted except that it shall be rewarded by Allah. Just in curiosity, what is the religion of Abu Mutalib called? Is there a holy book of that kind of religion? If yes, what's the name of that book?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.