/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Feel like I'm not making any growth regards to deen

Stoic
01-25-2020, 07:43 PM
I listen to lectures I pray my 5 daily salat. I listen to quran. And read here and there. But I'm bored cuz that's all I do. What can I do daily to gain more knowledge

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
01-27-2020, 09:04 PM
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

format_quote Originally Posted by Stoic
I listen to lectures I pray my 5 daily salat. I listen to quran. And read here and there. But I'm bored cuz that's all I do. What can I do daily to gain more knowledge
Lectures are good as reminders, but for gaining knowledge it is more useful to study in a structured manner. You can attend study circles and nowadays there are many options for online study. See if there is a person of knowledge whose religion and piety you trust and then consider joining a class. But if you only listen to lectures then the information tends to be scattered and more easily forgotten.

Regarding prayer and Qur’an, these are certainly important with regards to growing in one’s deen as they are nourishment for our hearts. If we don’t feel a connection with Allah when praying then we need to review the causes of that and work to improve the quality of our prayers. Likewise if we feel the Qur’an is not affecting our hearts we need to remove the barriers of this. Studying and reflecting over the meanings of the Qur’an is one way to help with this.

So, what is needed is to review yourself: make priorities for the gaps in your knowledge and try to find a structured way to fill those gaps. Reflect on your performance of the obligatory deeds and work on rectifying shortcomings. And once the obligations are tended to, then one can come even closer to Allah by means of the voluntary deeds.

Always remember to ask Allah for His assistance and He will help you.

May Allah grant us tawfeeq to come closer to Him, may He soften our hearts and help us to rectify our errors, Ameen!

BeTheChange
01-27-2020, 09:18 PM
Asalamualykum

You need to move away from reading and doing things in a robotic fashion. Why don't you read a different surat but in Quranic order in your salaah? Why don't you set yourself realistic goals? Why don't you take time out to understand arabic?

The ONE thing i must stress and encourage wholeheartedly is find a reliable islamic studies class and be consistent in your attendance. If you take away anything please take away this. If you are serious in your learning and islamic progression this sunnah way of learning will transform your life. It has and continues to change my life and my family. Allah Hu Akbar. May we all be guided to goodness Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.