Islamicboy123
01-27-2020, 02:02 AM
Hello I’m wondering if Allah can change the past

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
taha_
01-27-2020, 02:05 AM
Assalam o alaikum rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

Welcome to the forum brother

Yes Allah is Able to do all things. However it is not His wish to change the time. He is testing us only. If we make mistake in past then it may lead us to goodness if Allah wills it.

JazakAllah khair

Eric H
01-27-2020, 12:40 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Islamicboy123; and welcome to the forum;

As a matter of interest, what sort of things would you want Allah to change?

Blessings
Eric

muslimah002
01-27-2020, 05:01 PM
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Allah's power is unlimited - He can do anything that He desires. However, I don't think it is His will to change the past, because time is structured in such a precise way. If you desire for Him to change your own past, it is my opinion that you should at least try your best to prevail in the present, because if Allah wills it, your past struggles will come to shape you to be a better human being. Allah knows best.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Islamicboy123
01-29-2020, 05:59 AM
I want to ask you how do know Allah won’t change the past

Ümit
01-29-2020, 07:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islamicboy123
I want to ask you how do know Allah won’t change the past
because that goes against all logic.
why would He do such avthing?
did He make a mistake somewhere or later on realized He forgot something?
Astagfurullah...Allah does not forget something...nor does He make mistakes.
No need for corrections...therefore...no need to change the past...
doesn' make any sense.

taha_
01-29-2020, 07:48 AM
Assalam o Alaikum rahamutullahi wa braakuthu

whatever is decreed by Allah will be good in sha Allah even if we don't like it. Allah is All-Wise..

Allah knows best

jazakAllah khair

Islamicboy123
01-29-2020, 09:03 AM
Allah never makes mistakes but that doesn’t mean he won’t change the past

Nitro Zeus
01-29-2020, 09:22 AM
Hello I’m wondering if Allah can change the past
Yes, there is a proof in Sunnah of Prophet in which he stated that on Judgment Day when a person has repented sincerely all his life, then the bad deeds will turn into good deeds. This also means that Allah will change your past, but He does not change the past as what you think off.

Ümit
01-29-2020, 04:08 PM
can you think of any other reason why He would do such a thing?

format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
Yes, there is a proof in Sunnah of Prophet in which he stated that on Judgment Day when a person has repented sincerely all his life, then the bad deeds will turn into good deeds. This also means that Allah will change your past, but He does not change the past as what you think off.
no. that means that your bad deeds will be counted as if they were good deeds.
our past is being used as evidence how we lived our lifes. that is the main purpose why we came to this Earth. so that we will witness against ourselves what decicions we made and what we did or did not do.
the past needs to be unchanged for this purpose.
what would be the use of it if we came into this world...live our lives and tjen Allah changes the past anyways...
on judgement day when Allah orders our tongues to witness against us as in "on xx yy zzzz day you told your parents a horrible lie"...and we can always reply as in..."how can we know for sure that you did not change the past?"

that would be a strange situation wouldn't it?

Nitro Zeus
01-29-2020, 04:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ümit
can you think of any other reason why He would do such a thing?

no. that means that your bad deeds will be counted as if they were good deeds.
our past is being used as evidence how we lived our lifes. that is the main purpose why we came to this Earth. so that we will witness against ourselves what decicions we made and what we did or did not do.
the past needs to be unchanged for this purpose.
what would be the use of it if we came into this world...live our lives and tjen Allah changes the past anyways...
on judgement day when Allah orders our tongues to witness against us as in "on xx yy zzzz day you told your parents a horrible lie"...and we can always reply as in..."how can we know for sure that you did not change the past?"

that would be a strange situation wouldn't it?
Mashaallah, thank you for clarifying me. Now I understand this. Our past will never be changed not even oir past deeds.

Islamicboy123
01-30-2020, 02:03 AM
Alright I respect your opinion but i don’t agree with you 100%

Islamicboy123
01-30-2020, 02:16 AM
I have so many reasons but it’s to hard to explain

Ümit
01-30-2020, 07:41 AM
what exactly do you not agree with and why?

I cant think of 1 reason that would make changing the past neccessary.

Islamicboy123
01-30-2020, 10:21 AM
It might not be bad deeds people want to change it could be other bad things people want to change.

Ümit
01-30-2020, 07:37 PM
It might not be bad deeds people want to change it could be other bad things people want to change.
those bad things are exactly the things those people are tested with. how they react on those bad things...what they do or dont do...
maybe the individual does better ibaadah thanks to those bad things...you never know...maybe deleting those bad things will indirectly cause that person to move away from Islaam and by doing that...making his test in this life more difficult...
Alkah has a reason who He tests with what...you do not want to change that with your limited brain power.

*charisma*
01-30-2020, 09:13 PM
You have to grow up and learn from life. We only have one chance at life, this is why it is important to do our best, correct our mistakes, repent, etc.
Secondly bad things are a part of life. This life is not meant to be perfect, so don't obsess over it. Just do better, be better, and be an example for others to learn from.

Islamicboy123
10-08-2020, 12:37 AM
Hello I want to have this discussion again. What if Allah has decreed to change ones past.

Mountains
10-08-2020, 04:39 AM
Hello I want to have this discussion again. What if Allah has decreed to change ones past.
Allah is capable of doing that. He knows everything the past, future and present. He wrote the pen which wrote everything that has happened but everyone has free will it only wrote down their decisions because everyone makes a choice.

Allah is capable of changing your past if he accepts your dua and he can make it as if your past didn't happen because you won't remember anything of it but your new past and present will take hold but the decision is up to Allah. If you want it then you should ask sincerely perhaps he may accept it from you and change your past for you or forgive you if that is what you were seeking

Ümit
10-08-2020, 06:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mountains
Allah is capable of doing that. He knows everything the past, future and present. He wrote the pen which wrote everything that has happened but everyone has free will it only wrote down their decisions because everyone makes a choice.

Allah is capable of changing your past if he accepts your dua and he can make it as if your past didn't happen because you won't remember anything of it but your new past and present will take hold but the decision is up to Allah. If you want it then you should ask sincerely perhaps he may accept it from you and change your past for you or forgive you if that is what you were seeking
I am sorry brother but personally...I do not believe this.
Yes, Allah is capable of doing exactly that...but He won't.
Because, the very purpose of coming to Earth and living this life is to make ourselves witnesses of our own decisions and acts in the past.

He knows us better than we know ourselves, isn't that correct?
He could have skipped the Earth thingy entirely and just put us directly in Heaven or Hell.
Why would He go through all that trouble to create an entire universe so that we may experience this Earth fase in our lives whenn He could skip the entire process and put us directly in Heaven or Hell?

The reason is "to make us witnesses of our own decisions and acts in our past".
So that when that day comes, and Allah puts us in Hell, we cannot say "What did we do to deserve this?"...we have been witnesses of our past so we would understand.

Now, Why would He go though all that trouble if He could change every aspect in the past and manipulate our memories about it accordingly?
He is perfectly able to do that...But He won't...But then...that would collide with our attribute of being human and having a free will.
We can make our own decisions, but every decision in the past can be changed.

Then on judgement day, who could ensure me that the things I remember of my past really took place and not just changed and my memory been manipulated?
What certainty do I have about my past, if everything can be changed anyways?

Islamicboy123
10-09-2020, 03:00 AM
Do you have any evidence from the Quran or Sunnah to back your point

Ümit
10-09-2020, 06:05 AM
Do you have any evidence from the Quran or Sunnah to back your point
No I haven't...but just think about it...

1. What would be the benefit of changing the past? The past is to learn from...things happened in the past, mistakes, though times, etc, form life experience and is meant to learn from...sins can be forgiven instead of erased.

2. I don't want to be mean but if your past is a burden for you...then it means you can take it...just take your lesson from it, give it a place in your life and pick up your life again. Allah does not burden anyone more than he can take.

3. What would be the entire use of giving us free will if He could manipulate the made decisions anyways...so we have a free will, but in reality we haven't?...you have gone through things because of a reason...a reason you and I may not know, but Allah knows of course.

4. You cannot expect EVERYTHING to be described in Quraan and Sunnah. Allah gave us brains and the ability to reason. Islaam is logical and easy to understand. So therefore...Of course Allah can do anything He wishes, but I do not believe that He would change the past because of the above meant reasons.

Nitro Zeus
10-09-2020, 07:46 AM
No I haven't...but just think about it...

1. What would be the benefit of changing the past? The past is to learn from...things happened in the past, mistakes, though times, etc, form life experience and is meant to learn from...sins can be forgiven instead of erased.

2. I don't want to be mean but if your past is a burden for you...then it means you can take it...just take your lesson from it, give it a place in your life and pick up your life again. Allah does not burden anyone more than he can take.

3. What would be the entire use of giving us free will if He could manipulate the made decisions anyways...so we have a free will, but in reality we haven't?...you have gone through things because of a reason...a reason you and I may not know, but Allah knows of course.

4. You cannot expect EVERYTHING to be described in Quraan and Sunnah. Allah gave us brains and the ability to reason. Islaam is logical and easy to understand. So therefore...Of course Allah can do anything He wishes, but I do not believe that He would change the past because of the above meant reasons.
And the non-Muslims dare to tell us that we have to interpretate Islam literally without questioning it......

The truth is that The Holy Quran has metaphor, figuritive and literal. So it is not set on literal interpretation.

Ümit
10-09-2020, 02:20 PM
And the non-Muslims dare to tell us that we have to interpretate Islam literally without questioning it......

The truth is that The Holy Quran has metaphor, figuritive and literal. So it is not set on literal interpretation.
No...it is a mixture of literal and figurative interpretation. Yes it contains metaphores...but that doesn't mean everything in the Quraan must be interpreted literally or figuratively
..you still can reason.
In another thread we spoke about mountains prostrating before Allah. Of course this is not meant literally prostrating as we know it.

I will continue to repeat that the world we live in is a logical world. Everything is bound to laws of nature...and if we understand these laws...we can explain a certain phenomena...so if Allah has created everything...and therefore made everything logical and explainable...why would logic end there?...why should Islaam not be logical?

Nitro Zeus
10-09-2020, 08:30 PM
No...it is a mixture of literal and figurative interpretation. Yes it contains metaphores...but that doesn't mean everything in the Quraan must be interpreted literally or figuratively
..you still can reason.
In another thread we spoke about mountains prostrating before Allah. Of course this is not meant literally prostrating as we know it.

I will continue to repeat that the world we live in is a logical world. Everything is bound to laws of nature...and if we understand these laws...we can explain a certain phenomena...so if Allah has created everything...and therefore made everything logical and explainable...why would logic end there?...why should Islaam not be logical?
I have never said that nor I believe that Islam isn't logic but this idea I got from non-Muslims. No wonders why they make articles such as "scientific errors of Quran"! This is because they love to interpretate literally and without questioning. Since when have they become experts of Islam!?? This is not acceptable! I do not see any scientific error in Quran for I use logic and reason and I do not do what sheyteen are doing.

Islamicboy123
10-10-2020, 06:11 AM
In my opinion Allah can change the past and you pray to him there’s a chance that he will change your past like make that event not happen in the first place literally.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.