/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Starting again

Nerdo
01-28-2020, 07:03 PM
:sl:

How many times may a Muslim , fall and try to standup again ?
Can one do that , like imam ibn taymiyya did or not ?

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abdullah
01-28-2020, 07:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nerdo
How many times may a Muslim , fall and try to standup again ?
Can one do that , like imam ibn taymiyya did or not ?
Wa Alaikum Assalam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) said:
I heard the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) say: “A person committed a sin and said: ‘My Lord, I have sinned; forgive me.’
His Lord said: ‘Is My slave acknowledging that he has a Lord Who forgives sins and punishes for them? I have forgiven My slave.
Then as much time passed as Allah willed, then he committed a sin and said, ‘My Lord, I have sinned; forgive me.’
His Lord said: ‘Is My slave acknowledging that he has a Lord Who forgives sins and punishes for them? I have forgiven My slave.’
Then as much time passed as Allah willed, then he committed a sin and said, ‘My Lord, I have sinned; forgive me.’ His Lord said: ‘Is My slave acknowledging that he has a Lord Who forgives sins and punishes for them? I have forgiven My slave,’ – three times…” [al-Bukhari, Muslim].
Al-Nawawi (may Allah have mercy on him) included this hadeeth (narration) under the heading: “Acceptance of repentance from sins even if the sins and repentance happen repeatedly.” He said in his Sharh (commentary):
Even if the sin is repeated a hundred times or a thousand times or more, and he repents each time, his repentance will be accepted and his sin will be erased. And if he repents once from them all, his repentance will be valid.
In another hadith, On the authority of Anas (may Allah be pleased with him) who said:
I heard the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) say, “Allah the Almighty has said: ‘O Son of Adam, as long as you invoke Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O Son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and you then asked forgiveness from Me, I would forgive you. O Son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the Earth, and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as it [too].’ ” It was related by at-Tirmidhi, who said that it was a hasan hadeeth.
Reference: 40 Hadith Nawawi 42
English translation: Hadith 42
https://sunnah.com/nawawi40/42
Don't loose your hope in Allah, Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala says in the Quran:
Say: O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls. Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. [Quran 39:53 ]
Subhanallah look at the how Allah addresses us in the above verse, "My Servants." Allah made it personal to Him and it is addressing directly to those who have transgressed. Don't listen to shaytan. He is trying his best to make you loose hope in Allah's Mercy which is infinite. Allah never gets tired of forgiving people as long as they keep repenting with sincere intention. And Allah knows the best!

Ma'aSalam

Nerdo
01-29-2020, 04:56 PM
Well , I believe imam ibn taymiyya rarely intentionally sinned , if any.

Supernova
01-29-2020, 06:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nerdo
Well , I believe imam ibn taymiyya rarely intentionally sinned , if any.
So did my granddad .....your point being ?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nerdo
01-30-2020, 04:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supernova
So did my granddad .....your point being ?
When imam ibn taymiyya was facing calamities , why almost no one helped him ?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.