/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Suffering from gas. Not sure if I broke wudu or not

sampjzt
02-01-2020, 07:11 PM
As-salamu alaykum

It's been almost 4 months that I have problems with gas ,most of the time during a day I am full of gas so I have it hard to pray 90% of the times.I take wudu for every prayer even though it has been really hard cause its winter I still have to take wudu for every prayer, but most of the time that I make the intention to take wudu gas starts coming like real gas , so I try to do my best to release all of it before prayer but when I take wudu and go to pray gas starts coming again I can feel it coming down so I tried to stop it but it has gone to a point where I can't tell if I passed the wind or not while I am praying.I am aware of the hadith of prophet Muhammad peace be upon him that says you should not leave the masjid unless you hear a sound or smell , but still I have the same issue for almost every prayer, I can't tell if i passed the wind or not, when I am praying home it's a little little little bit easier to tell if I noticed a smell or not but when I am at the mosque I can't tell.

I go to the mosque for most of the prayers and this thing happens I feel it coming so I try to stop it and keep praying sometimes I think that I find a smell while trying to stop it but I am not sure so I keep praying.I have it hard to walk to the mosque because of this .Sometimes I try to not care so that I don't have my mind thinking about it so I try to concentrate on the prayer but when we go for rukoo or sujood I feel like something came out, sometimes I pray without a problem until the last rakah when this feeling happens so I get confused if I passed the wind or not.

And sometimes there are some random hours during a day that I don't get gas,but it's random sometimes for maghrib sometimes for asr and sometimes I pray fajr without having this issue but something I notice is for maghrib i don't usually face this issue .But 90% of the time starting from fajr to isha when I make the intention to take wudu and pray gas starts coming.
I just came home after praying Isha and the same thing happend, to my mind it looked like I noticed a smell but also I think that I didn't release it so I don't know what to do if I should repeat it or not. Im just tired I repeat a lot of prayers because of this but I just lost the ability of telling if I passed the wind or not.I also changed my diet massively I stopped consuming dairy products but that doesn't help the next day it will happen again.I make dua and try to be patient but I just lose it when it happens so frequently.I also sometimes miss sunnah prayers before fard at the mosque, cause I am stuck trying to take wudu .

I don't know If I should visit a doctor since I read from some people with this problem they are saying that It just got worse since they started taking medications.And also I don't know how am I going to explain to the doctor the problems that I face during salah since most of the doctors say that passing the wind is normal and healthy.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abdullah
02-01-2020, 07:30 PM
Wa Alaikum Assalam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

The basic principle concerning the worshipper is that if he has done wudoo’, then his wudoo’ cannot be broken by something doubtful, rather he must be certain that he has broken it. If he is certain that he has broken his wudoo’, then he should stop praying and do wudoo’ again.

For more details, please refer to link below:
https://islamqa.info/en/answers/8910...validate-wudoo

Ma’aSalaam

sampjzt
02-01-2020, 08:00 PM
Thanks for your reply .I read the link that you sended and I am aware of all of those thing about doubts but the problems that when I feel it coming down and I try to stop it I dont know if I am sure that i didnt pass the wind or not .Sometimes I would take wudu at the mosque because of thinking tha i broke wudu but again after starting to pray the same thing would happen.So I am on a state where I don't qualify for the rule about people with excuses (forgot how its called ) and also I cant delay my prayer until gas stops since I dont know when its going to stop .If for ex it stops at the time of maghrib that means that I have to pray qadha all the prayer before maghrib which is something that doesnt make sense since I face this problem every day

Alpha Dude
02-01-2020, 10:38 PM
:sl:

I feel like you are severely overthinking things. As the brother said, doubts do not break wudhu. That's all there is to it. When you pray, only if it is 100% obvious to you that you have passed wind, should you then make wudhu again. Otherwise, continue as though nothing has happened.

the problems that when I feel it coming down and I try to stop it I dont know if I am sure that i didnt pass the wind or not
See, you say here that you are not sure. If you are not sure, then don't worry and continue as though nothing has happened. You essentially need to train your mind into not being too anxious.

Also, if you have a lot of wind to remove, perhaps doing a number 2 might help in alleviating the build up.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.