/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Making up missed prayers

sampjzt
02-02-2020, 09:08 PM
As-salamu alaykum

I have a few questions and I am trying to find out the correct answers .
The question are.
1. do I have to make up prayers that I missed a few months ago while I was on a 5 day trip to a different country ?

2.Do you think that this is a thing that you're allowed to do since there are no ayahs and no hadith that say that you can make up prayers the only hadeth as far as I know Is that if you sleep or forget you should pray it as soon as you remember it.which i personally dont think that it means you can make up prayers that you missed in the past.

3.If making up prayers that you missed in the past is allowed how do you perform them do you perform them in shortened version , do you perform them by praying qadha for ex missed fajr after praying fajr of today.Or you can just pray them at any time for ex after isha .And do you have to make up witr prayers as well.

4.Or do you thing that a person must repent pray tawbah and hope on the mercy of ALLAH, do good deeds and make sure he doesnt repeat the same thing again.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abdullah
02-03-2020, 09:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sampjzt
As-salamu alaykum

I have a few questions and I am trying to find out the correct answers .
The question are.
1. do I have to make up prayers that I missed a few months ago while I was on a 5 day trip to a different country ?

2.Do you think that this is a thing that you're allowed to do since there are no ayahs and no hadith that say that you can make up prayers the only hadeth as far as I know Is that if you sleep or forget you should pray it as soon as you remember it.which i personally dont think that it means you can make up prayers that you missed in the past.

3.If making up prayers that you missed in the past is allowed how do you perform them do you perform them in shortened version , do you perform them by praying qadha for ex missed fajr after praying fajr of today.Or you can just pray them at any time for ex after isha .And do you have to make up witr prayers as well.

4.Or do you thing that a person must repent pray tawbah and hope on the mercy of ALLAH, do good deeds and make sure he doesnt repeat the same thing again.
Asslam O Alaikum Wa Rahmauttalhi Wa Barakatuh,

There are difference of opinion on this matter. Please see link below for more details:
https://islamqa.info/en/answers/1117...missed-prayers

And Allah knows the best!
Ma'aSalaam

MazharShafiq
02-04-2020, 01:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HabibUrrehman
Asslam O Alaikum Wa Rahmauttalhi Wa Barakatuh,

There are difference of opinion on this matter. Please see link below for more details:
https://islamqa.info/en/answers/1117...missed-prayers

And Allah knows the best!
Ma'aSalaam
yes it will be better for you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.