/* */

PDA

View Full Version : reward for abstinence and for remaining chaste

Studentofdeed
02-02-2020, 11:15 PM
I made this post for brothers and sisters struggling to remain chaste in a corrupt time like this is. For those unable to get married or are in ridiculous background community or with a community where almost everyone commits zina like its nothing. Please post some words from the quran or hadiths to give people inspiration to stay from zina in all shapes or forms. Also what is a chaste person considered as? If a person did not lower gaze or touched themself, are they still chaste? What is a chaste person? If a person is chaste does the quranic verse apply to him "Good women for good men and bad women for bad men"
Please explain

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MazharShafiq
02-03-2020, 02:19 PM
The nikah is the essence of marriage whereby a girl gives permission to her guardian (Wali) and this permission is obtained by an Imam who then asks for the boys consent and acceptance. If it is accepted and heard by atleast two Muslim male witnesses then that marriage will be approved. The Nikah does not need to be a written contract and a verbal contract is suffice. However to enable absolute proof, it would be better to have a written contract.

Studentofdeed
02-03-2020, 05:31 PM
This doesnt apply to my post brother...sorry

Desert
02-03-2020, 05:39 PM
Being unable to get married because of difficulty
Or hardship involved and then you remain single
Because it was so hard to get married

Then I just say you will have reward with Allaah if you save yourself from Zina
Reward in jannah

If a woman calls a man to Zina and he refused and remains chaste he will be under the shade of Allah on the day of judgement...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abdullah
02-03-2020, 09:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Studentofdeed
I made this post for brothers and sisters struggling to remain chaste in a corrupt time like this is. For those unable to get married or are in ridiculous background community or with a community where almost everyone commits zina like its nothing. Please post some words from the quran or hadiths to give people inspiration to stay from zina in all shapes or forms. Also what is a chaste person considered as? If a person did not lower gaze or touched themself, are they still chaste? What is a chaste person? If a person is chaste does the quranic verse apply to him "Good women for good men and bad women for bad men"
Please explain
Asslama O Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

I will quote more hadiths and verses on this topic from time to time, right now just going to quote one hadith:

Narrated `Abdullah bin `Umar:
The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "While three men were walking, It started raining and they took shelter (refuge) in a cave in a mountain. A big rock rolled down from the mountain and closed the mouth of the cave. They said to each other, "Think of good deeds which you did for Allah's sake only, and invoke Allah by giving reference to those deeds so that He may remove this rock from you." One of them said, 'O Allah! I had old parents and small children and I used to graze the sheep for them. On my return to them in the evening, I used to milk (the sheep) and start providing my parents first of all before my children. One day I was delayed and came late at night and found my parents sleeping. I milked (the sheep) as usual and stood by their heads. I hated to wake them up and disliked to give milk to my children before them, although my children were weeping (because of hunger) at my feet till the day dawned. O Allah! If I did this for Your sake only, kindly remove the rock so that we could see the sky through it.' So, Allah removed the rock a little and they saw the sky. The second man said, 'O Allah! I was in love with a cousin of mine like the deepest love a man may have for a woman. I wanted to outrage her chastity but she refused unless I gave her one hundred Dinars. So, I struggled to collect that amount. And when I sat between her legs, she said, 'O Allah's slave! Be afraid of Allah and do not deflower me except rightfully (by marriage).' So, I got up. O Allah! If I did it for Your sake only, please remove the rock.' The rock shifted a little more. Then the third man said, 'O Allah! I employed a laborer for a Faraq of rice and when he finished his job and demanded his right, I presented it to him, but he refused to take it. So, I sowed the rice many time till I gathered cows and their shepherd (from the yield). (Then after some time) He came and said to me, 'Fear Allah (and give me my right)." I said, 'Go and take those cows and the shepherd.' He said, 'Be afraid of Allah! Don't mock at me.' I said, 'I am not mocking at you. Take (all that).' So, he took all that. O Allah! If I did that for Your sake only, please remove the rest of the rock.' So, Allah removed the rock."

حَدَّثَنَا إِبْرَاهِيمُ بْنُ الْمُنْذِرِ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو ضَمْرَةَ، حَدَّثَنَا مُوسَى بْنُ عُقْبَةَ، عَنْ نَافِعٍ، عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ عُمَرَ ـ رضى الله عنهما ـ عَنِ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ ‏ "‏ بَيْنَمَا ثَلاَثَةُ نَفَرٍ يَمْشُونَ أَخَذَهُمُ الْمَطَرُ، فَأَوَوْا إِلَى غَارٍ فِي جَبَلٍ، فَانْحَطَّتْ عَلَى فَمِ غَارِهِمْ صَخْرَةٌ مِنَ الْجَبَلِ فَانْطَبَقَتْ عَلَيْهِمْ، فَقَالَ بَعْضُهُمْ لِبَعْضٍ انْظُرُوا أَعْمَالاً عَمِلْتُمُوهَا صَالِحَةً لِلَّهِ فَادْعُوا اللَّهَ بِهَا لَعَلَّهُ يُفَرِّجُهَا عَنْكُمْ‏.‏ قَالَ أَحَدُهُمُ اللَّهُمَّ إِنَّهُ كَانَ لِي وَالِدَانِ شَيْخَانِ كَبِيرَانِ، وَلِي صِبْيَةٌ صِغَارٌ كُنْتُ أَرْعَى عَلَيْهِمْ، فَإِذَا رُحْتُ عَلَيْهِمْ حَلَبْتُ، فَبَدَأْتُ بِوَالِدَىَّ أَسْقِيهِمَا قَبْلَ بَنِيَّ، وَإِنِّي اسْتَأْخَرْتُ ذَاتَ يَوْمٍ فَلَمْ آتِ حَتَّى أَمْسَيْتُ، فَوَجَدْتُهُمَا نَامَا، فَحَلَبْتُ كَمَا كُنْتُ أَحْلُبُ، فَقُمْتُ عِنْدَ رُءُوسِهِمَا، أَكْرَهُ أَنْ أُوقِظَهُمَا، وَأَكْرَهُ أَنْ أَسْقِيَ الصِّبْيَةَ، وَالصِّبْيَةُ يَتَضَاغَوْنَ عِنْدَ قَدَمَىَّ، حَتَّى طَلَعَ الْفَجْرُ، فَإِنْ كُنْتَ تَعْلَمُ أَنِّي فَعَلْتُهُ ابْتِغَاءَ وَجْهِكَ فَافْرُجْ لَنَا فَرْجَةً نَرَى مِنْهَا السَّمَاءَ‏.‏ فَفَرَجَ اللَّهُ فَرَأَوُا السَّمَاءَ‏.‏ وَقَالَ الآخَرُ اللَّهُمَّ إِنَّهَا كَانَتْ لِي بِنْتُ عَمٍّ أَحْبَبْتُهَا كَأَشَدِّ مَا يُحِبُّ الرِّجَالُ النِّسَاءَ، فَطَلَبْتُ مِنْهَا فَأَبَتْ حَتَّى أَتَيْتُهَا بِمِائَةِ دِينَارٍ، فَبَغَيْتُ حَتَّى جَمَعْتُهَا، فَلَمَّا وَقَعْتُ بَيْنَ رِجْلَيْهَا قَالَتْ يَا عَبْدَ اللَّهِ اتَّقِ اللَّهَ، وَلاَ تَفْتَحِ الْخَاتَمَ إِلاَّ بِحَقِّهِ، فَقُمْتُ، فَإِنْ كُنْتَ تَعْلَمُ أَنِّي فَعَلْتُهُ ابْتِغَاءَ وَجْهِكَ فَافْرُجْ عَنَّا فَرْجَةً‏.‏ فَفَرَجَ‏.‏ وَقَالَ الثَّالِثُ اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي اسْتَأْجَرْتُ أَجِيرًا بِفَرَقِ أَرُزٍّ، فَلَمَّا قَضَى عَمَلَهُ قَالَ أَعْطِنِي حَقِّي‏.‏ فَعَرَضْتُ عَلَيْهِ، فَرَغِبَ عَنْهُ، فَلَمْ أَزَلْ أَزْرَعُهُ حَتَّى جَمَعْتُ مِنْهُ بَقَرًا وَرَاعِيهَا فَجَاءَنِي فَقَالَ اتَّقِ اللَّهَ‏.‏ فَقُلْتُ اذْهَبْ إِلَى ذَلِكَ الْبَقَرِ وَرُعَاتِهَا فَخُذْ‏.‏ فَقَالَ اتَّقِ اللَّهَ وَلاَ تَسْتَهْزِئْ بِي‏.‏ فَقُلْتُ إِنِّي لاَ أَسْتَهْزِئُ بِكَ فَخُذْ‏.‏ فَأَخَذَهُ، فَإِنْ كُنْتَ تَعْلَمُ أَنِّي فَعَلْتُ ذَلِكَ ابْتِغَاءَ وَجْهِكَ فَافْرُجْ مَا بَقِيَ، فَفَرَجَ اللَّهُ ‏"‏‏.‏ قَالَ أَبُو عَبْدِ اللَّهِ وَقَالَ ابْنُ عُقْبَةَ عَنْ نَافِعٍ فَسَعَيْتُ‏.‏
Reference: Sahih al-Bukhari 2333
In-book reference: Book 41, Hadith 14
USC-MSA web (English) reference: Vol. 3, Book 39, Hadith 526
https://sunnah.com/bukhari/41/14

Anything you do for the sake of Allah and Allah alone, is enough for you to have a place in Jannah, In Sha Allah more on this topic later.
Jazakallah Khair for starting this thread.

Ma'aSalaam

'Abdullah
02-03-2020, 09:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Studentofdeed
If a person did not lower gaze or touched themselves, are they still chaste? What is a chaste person? If a person is chaste does the qur'anic verse apply to him "Good women for good men and bad women for bad men" Please explain
Asslam O Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

I forgot to address this part. If a person commit adultery in its any form and does not repent then he/she is not chaste. But if he/she used to commit adultery or not lowering the gaze and have not repented yet then he/she will not be considered as chaste. For example, if a non-Muslim had been committing adultery all his life but accepts Islam then because he has repents he will be considered as chaste. See link below for more on this topic:
https://islamqa.info/en/answers/1438...e-has-repented

And Allah knows the best!
Ma'aSalaam

BayAreaWhiteMan
02-06-2020, 03:36 AM
I wish you brothers strength and resilience in your challenges.

'Abdullah
02-06-2020, 05:44 PM
Assalam O Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

Allah, the Exalted said in the Quran:
Say to the believing men that they should lower their gaze and guard their private parts; that will make for greater purity for them. Indeed Allah is well acquainted with all that they do.[Quran 24:30]
From this verse, we see that Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala made purification and spiritual growth to be the outcome of lowering the gaze and guarding the private parts. It is for this reason that lowering ones gaze from (seeing) the prohibited things necessarily leads to several benefits such as experiencing the delight and the Sweetness of the faith, the illumination of the heart, clear perception and penetration insight, heart becomes stronger and is always willing to obey Allaha Subhanahu Wa Taala.
Experiencing the Delight and Sweetness of Faith:
This delight and sweetness is far greater and more desirable that which might have been attained from the object that one lowered his gaze from for the sake of Allah. Prophet (peace be upon him) said:
Whosoever leaves something for the sake of Allah then Allah, the Mighty and Magnificent, will replace it with something better than it.
Source: Reported by Ahmad [5/363] and others; It is graded as Sahih
The soul is a temptress and loves to look at beautiful forms and the eye is the guide of the heart. The heart commissions its guide to go and look to see what is there and when the eye informs it of a beautiful image it shudders out of love and desire for it. Frequently such inter-relations tire and wear down both the heart and the eye as is said: When you sent your eye as a guide For your heart one day, the object of sight fatigued you For you saw one over whom you had no power Neither a portion or in totality, instead you had to be patient.
Therefore when the sight is prevented from looking and investigating the heart finds relief from having to go through the arduous task of (vainly) seeking and desiring.
Whosoever lets his sight roam free will find that he is in a perpetual state of loss and anguish for sight gives birth to love (mahabbah) the starting point of which is the heart being devoted and dependant upon that which it beholds.
This then intensifies to become fervent longing (sabubah) whereby the heart becomes totally dependant and devoted to the (object of its desire).
Then this further intensifies and becomes infatuation (gharamah) which clings to the heart like the one seeking repayment of a debt clings firmly to the one who has to pay the debt.
Then this intensifies and becomes passionate love (ishk) and this is a love that transgresses all bounds.
Then this further intensifies and becomes crazed passion (shaghafa) and this is a love that encompasses every tiny part of the heart.
Then this intensifies and becomes worshipful love (tatayyuma). Tatayyum means worship and it is said: tayyama Allah i.e. he worshipped Allah.
Hence the heart begins to worship that which is not correct for it to worship and the reason behind all of this was an illegal glance. The heart is now bound in chains whereas before it used to be the master, it is now imprisoned whereas before it was free. It has been oppressed by the eye and it complains to it upon which the eye replies: I am your guide and messenger and it was you who sent me in the first place! All that has been mentioned applies to the heart that has relinquished the love of Allah and being sincere to Him for indeed the heart must have an object of love that it devotes itself to. Therefore when the heart does not love Allah Alone and does not take Him as its God then it must worship something else. Allah said concerning Yusuf as-Siddiq (Peace be upon him):
Thus (did We order) so that We might turn away from him all evil and indecent actions for he was one of Our sincere servants. [Quran 12: 24]
It was because the wife of al-Aziz was a polytheist that (the passionate love) entered her heart despite her being married. It was because Yusuf (peace be upon him) was sincere to Allah that he was saved from it despite his being a young man, unmarried and a servant.

The Illumination of the Heart, Clear Perception and Penetrating Insight:
Ibn Shuja al-Kirmani said:
whosoever builds his outward form upon following the Sunnah, his internal form upon perpetual contemplation and awareness of Allah, he restrains his soul from following desires, he lowers his gaze from the forbidden things and he always eats the lawful things then his perception and insight shall never be wrong.
Allah mentioned the people of Lut and what they were afflicted with and then He went on to say:
Indeed in this are signs for the Mutawassimin. [Quran 15: 75]
The Mutwassimin are those who have clear perception and penetrating insight, those who are secure from looking at the unlawful and performing indecent acts. Allah said after mentioning the verse concerning lowering the gaze:
Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth.[Quran 24: 35]
The reason behind this is that the reward is of the same type as the action. So whosoever lowers his gaze from the unlawful for the sake of Allah, the Mighty and Magnificent, He will replace it with something better than it of the same type. So just as the servant restrained the light of his eye from falling upon the unlawful, Allah blesses the light of his sight and heart thereby making him perceive what he would not have seen and understood had he not lowered his gaze.
This is a matter that the person can physically sense in himself for the heart is like a mirror and the base desires are like rust upon it. When the mirror is polished and cleaned of the rust then it will reflect the realities (haqaaiq) as they actually are. However if it remains rusty then it will not reflect properly and therefore its knowledge and speech will arise from conjecture and doubt.

The Heart Becoming Strong, Firm and Courageous:
Allah will give it the might of aid for its strength just as He gave it the might of clear proofs for its light. Hence the heart shall combine both of these factors and as a result, Shaytan shall flee from it. It is mentioned in the narration:
Whosoever opposes his base desires, the Shaytan shall flee in terror from his shade.
This is why the one who follows his base desires shall find in himself the ignominy of the soul, its being weak, feeble and contemptible. Indeed Allah places nobility for the one who obeys Him and disgrace for the one who disobeys Him:
So do not lose heart nor fall into despair; for you must gain mastery if you are true in faith.[Quran 3: 139]
If any do seek for nobility and power then to Allah belongs all nobility and power. [Quran 35: 10]
Meaning that whosoever seeks after disobedience and sin then Allah, the Might and Magnificent, will humiliate the one who disobeys Him. Some of the scholars said:
The people seek nobility and power at the door of the Kings and they will not find it except through the obedience of Allah.
This is because the one who obeys Allah has taken Allah as his friend and protector and Allah will never humiliate the one who takes his Lord as friend and patron. In the Du`a Qunoot their occurs:
The one who You take as a friend is not humiliated and the one who You take as an enemy is not ennobled.
More to discuss in future posts In Sha Allah.
And Allah knows the best!
Ma'aSalaam

Flawed
02-06-2020, 09:03 PM
Istagfhar and tawba both cleanse your heart out of all impurities you will start feeling less burdened from your sins. When you do tawba expect to be forgiven and move on from it consider it to be your past and acknowledge the torment it brought into your daily life. Don't bring it into your present moment now. It's your chance to collect good deeds.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.