/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ?

Salma_Hossain
02-04-2020, 01:58 PM
So I don't know actually what is happening, but I feel like my Iman has weaken so much. I pray to Allah for increasing my Iman. Whether I do good or bad, I can't feel it from my heart. I used to feel something when I read Quran, or read some hadiths etc. But now I can't feel. I pray to Allah for his guidance.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abdullah
02-04-2020, 04:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salma_Hossain
So I don't know actually what is happening, but I feel like my Iman has weaken so much. I pray to Allah for increasing my Iman. Whether I do good or bad, I can't feel it from my heart. I used to feel something when I read Quran, or read some hadiths etc. But now I can't feel. I pray to Allah for his guidance.
Assalam O Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh Sister,

There are several reasons for feeling weakness of Iman, most of the reason are tied to negligence from doing the obligatory acts of worship. The remedy for that is to pray a great deal for forgiveness and to constantly remember Allah, and to read Qur'an and focus on and ponder upon its meanings. This will rid the heart of its carelessness and wake it from its slumber. And it is very important to do a lot of righteous deeds.
Some of the reason for weakness of faith are:

1. Committing sin, for sin has a far-reaching effect on the heart and on faith. Hence the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:
    No adulterer is a believer at the moment when he is committing adultery. (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 2475; Muslim, 57).
  2. Failing to do acts of worship, for failing to do acts of worship diminishes faith. But if the act of worship is something that is obligatory and it is neglected with no excuse, then this is a shortcoming for which a person is to be blamed and will be punished. If it is an act of worship that is not obligatory or it is obligatory but a person does not do it because he has an excuse, then this is a shortcoming for which he will not be blamed or punished.
  3. Ignorance of the names and attributes of Allah leads to weakness of faith because if a person is lacking in knowledge of the names and attributes of Allah, his faith will be incomplete.
  4. Neglecting to think of the signs of Allah in the universe and to ponder His commands and prohibitions. This causes a lack of faith or at the very least it makes faith stagnant and prevents it from growing.
  5. Having a bad company can lead to weakness in your faith. Keep distance from those friends and family members who don't practice Islam and try to find good company of friends.
  6. Doing acts of worship which have no basis from Quran and Sunnah can also lead misguidance and lack of faith. Make sure whatever you do, is based on authentic Sunnah. Avoid the followers of bid’ah and sinners, lest they tempt you and weaken your resolve to do good.
  7. Backbiting, jealousy, mocking others etc. all lead to hardness of the heart. Keep distance from these things.
  8. Spending too much time on social media is very harmful. Stay away from anything which does not help us in a positive way. We only have 24 hours in a day and reality is we waste majority of the time in doing things which do not benefit us at all. Instead we could spend out time to read Quran, learn Arabic, teach Islam to our kids, listening to an Islamic lecture etc. Our 24 hour routine shall revolve around Islam. Otherwise our hearts will become dead and dead hearts don't have any Iman.

Any there are many other reason but you get the idea. Go through your daily routine and see which areas need a change.

My advise to you is to start with something small. For example start reading Quran for 20 minutes in the morning and 20 minutes after Maghreb. Ponder upon its verses, for in that there is healing for what is in your heart, if Allah wills. Allah says in the Quran:
And We send down of the Qur’aan that which is a healing and a mercy to those who believe [al-Isra’ 17:82]
Find a good company of friends. Do lot of Dhikar in your free time. Astaghfar helps to wipe out the rust from our hearts. Dhikar of "La Hawla Wala Quwata Illa Billa" helps to get strength from Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala for doing good deeds in abundance.

Lastly, don't give up. It will take time for the rust to come off the heart. Keep praying reading Quran even when you don't feel anything. After a while, you will start feeling that your faith in increasing. Satan plays his tricks but putting hopelessness in our hearts and thoughts. Never think that your prayers don't matter. Even an imperfect prayer is better than a neglected one. Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala sees our efforts and He is the most Forgiving and the most Merciful. As long as you are praying, you are knocking at the door of Almighty King and Allah's door opens for whoever knocks at it persistently.
Make lot of Dua's as dua is essence of our worship. Below is a thread for some Dua's from Sunnah, may be start memorizing one Dua in a week.
Duas
I pray to Allah Subahanhu Wa Taala to increase our faith and keep us steadfast on His Deen. Ameen!
Ma'aSalaam

BayAreaWhiteMan
02-06-2020, 03:51 AM
Speak with friends and family. They and Allah will be the ones who will be able to help you with your struggles.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!