/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Spiritual transformation

Flawed
02-07-2020, 09:11 PM
I'm just wondering what is your viewpoints on spiritual awakenings. A lot of the times I have seen people at the bottom then by Allah SWTs mercy they do a u turn and change for the sake of Allah and unfortunately it's usually the brothers and sisters who didn't follow Allah's guidance in the first place and they were too busy chasing the dunya not knowing that they were on the wrong path with the wrong crowd pursuing things that were leading them to a dead end which they were so oblivious off. When they come close to that dead end and with the mercy of Allah SWT they have a wake up call. A rude awakening that shocks them and leaves them scarred for some time but with the help of Allah SWT they heal. Slowly.but surely they get back on track, on Allah's path where true Victory and fulfillment lies.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
CuriousonTruth
02-07-2020, 10:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Flawed
I'm just wondering what is your viewpoints on spiritual awakenings. A lot of the times I have seen people at the bottom then by Allah SWTs mercy they do a u turn and change for the sake of Allah and unfortunately it's usually the brothers and sisters who didn't follow Allah's guidance in the first place and they were too busy chasing the dunya not knowing that they were on the wrong path with the wrong crowd pursuing things that were leading them to a dead end which they were so oblivious off. When they come close to that dead end and with the mercy of Allah SWT they have a wake up call. A rude awakening that shocks them and leaves them scarred for some time but with the help of Allah SWT they heal. Slowly.but surely they get back on track, on Allah's path where true Victory and fulfillment lies.
Not sure if mine was "spiritual" per say. A few years ago I was a liberal, humanist, "muslim". The kind I'd call a "libetard". I started to look into Islam following the Israel-Gaza conflict in 2009 or 2011. Even though I learnt to pray by then, I was still very liberal in approach to Islam.

Overtime I kept seeing obvious flaws in liberal attitude. Muslims kept making concessions and acted politely, yet were always subjected to the most vile, abuse online, from Western people - who claimed to be guardians of liberalism, human rights and civility. Frankly I saw more civility in the slums. These people who had always complained about Islam being violent had no problem in supporting invasions and killing millions of people. So, the whole human rights thing is nothing but absolute, stinking garbage and I deeply loathe anyone who brings this nonsense up. "Human rights" is nothing but a casus belli for Europeans to kill more people and take their resources.

Apart from that, the obvious flaws in liberal ideology - feminism, homosexuality, hyper-sexuality, etc I found repulsive and detrimental to human morality. That and the "new atheist movement" which is just disgusting and repulsive.

Probably not much spiritual, but change doesn't need to be spiritual.

Flawed
02-08-2020, 02:01 AM
I would say that was a spiritual epiphany. You wasn't on the right path and it took you digging deeper to realise the truth which you couldn't see previously.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.