/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dirt on hands after wudu !

sampjzt
02-11-2020, 07:11 PM
As-salamu alaykum

If I take wudu and I go to the mosque and when I take my shoes off
I get dirt on my hands from shoes does that affect wudu.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
02-14-2020, 04:40 AM
:wasalam:

No, dirt doesn't break wudhu. Natural dirt from sand and earth is considered pure in Islam and you can actually perform tayammum with sand in absence of water.

sovietchild
02-14-2020, 07:59 AM
The idea that we should clean our selfs before the prayer came when people took bath once a week. Now days, people bath 2 times per day. I don't think you should worry about the little dirt that comes from your shoes.

MazharShafiq
02-14-2020, 02:08 PM
No, dirt doesn't break wudhu.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AabiruSabeel
02-14-2020, 02:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sovietchild
The idea that we should clean our selfs before the prayer came when people took bath once a week. Now days, people bath 2 times per day. I don't think you should worry about the little dirt that comes from your shoes.
No, that's not where the idea came from. Allah :swt: Himself commanded us to perform wudhu or tayammum before prayers. Read Surah Al-Maidah, ayah 6 https://legacy.quran.com/5/6

Surat Al-Ma'idah [5:6] - The Noble Qur'an - القرآن الكريم
Surat Al-Ma'idah [verse 6] - O you who have believed, when you rise to [perform] prayer, wash your faces and your forearms to the elbows and wipe over your heads and wash your feet to the ankles. And if you are in a state of janabah, then purify yourselves. But if you are ill or on a journey or one of you comes from the place of relieving himself or you have contacted women and do not find water, then seek clean earth and wipe over your faces and hands with it. Allah does not intend to make difficulty for you, but He intends to purify you and complete His favor upon you that you may be grateful....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.