/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Magicians talk about Hell/Heaven in Surah Taha without knowing about Judgement Day

saad056
02-12-2020, 05:30 AM
Assalam-o-Alaikum Brothers/Sisters. I'm a researcher on Islam and comparative religion (although I'm a Muslim). The aim of my research is to find the scientific/numeric and archaeological consistencies amongst these religions. However, I'm a convinced believer of Islam and the concept of Tauhid makes logical sense to me. In terms of knowing the eternal truth it is essential for a book to have no contradictions, errors and omissions, the Quran lives up to the mark of being a miraculously perfect book, Alhumdullilah. However, recently i came across the story of Moses in Surah Taha (Chapter 20), where Pharoah challenges Moses to a duel with magicians. After the duel, the magicians start to believe in Allah. However, they make the following comment interpreted in the following verses from which i have question:

(20:73) We believe in our Lord that He may forgive us our sins and also forgive us the practice of magic to which you had compelled us. Allah is the Best and He alone will abide."

My first question with the above verse is that how was the practice of magic a sin in those days when it had become so common? Who revealed to these magicians that sorcery is a sin, as far as my knowledge is concerned Moses never delivered them the message which states that practicing magic is a sin before the duel.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
M.I.A.
02-12-2020, 02:14 PM
Quran 2:102

And they followed [instead] what the devils had recited during the reign of Solomon. It was not Solomon who disbelieved, but the devils disbelieved, teaching people magic and that which was revealed to the two angels at Babylon, Harut and Marut. But the two angels do not teach anyone unless they say, "We are a trial, so do not disbelieve [by practicing magic]." And [yet] they learn from them that by which they cause separation between a man and his wife. But they do not harm anyone through it except by permission of Allah . And the people learn what harms them and does not benefit them. But the Children of Israel certainly knew that whoever purchased the magic would not have in the Hereafter any share. And wretched is that for which they sold themselves, if they only knew.

...although Solomon pbuh is after moses pbuh,

There is still a lot to take in and think about.

..although any conclusions drawn and understanding achieved, entirely with Allah swt.

Wordsword
02-12-2020, 05:59 PM
Why would you need magic when you were under protection and guidance of Allah

SintoDinto
02-12-2020, 06:41 PM
Musa (as) told them, probably. You better not be a stealthy Christian missionary....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
saad056
02-13-2020, 02:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SintoDinto
Musa (as) told them, probably. You better not be a stealthy Christian missionary....
Brother, Alhudullilah I'm a believing muslim. As per your comment you have added the word 'probably'. I would state here that attaching probabilistic speech or words to any prophets mouth is haram. Therefore please provide substantial evidence if you have any with out mocking another person or using probabilistic.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.