/* */

PDA

View Full Version : has hadith been altered?

amber.k
02-20-2020, 07:27 AM
Salam Everyone,

I am asking a ques and don't come at me. I am asking just out of pure curiosity,

Does anyone know if the words and actions of our lovely Prophet(pbuh) have been altered in anyway?
We all know the words of Allah(SWT) have not been altered at all so I just wanted to know if anyone knows if anyone over time has altered Hadith like the bible has been altered over time?
If anyone has any sources for their answer please incorporate that within their answer.

Like I said dont come at me and get angry at me. I am just curious.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
keiv
02-20-2020, 02:08 PM
Not sure why it would be an offensive question. There are categories for the different Hadith out there in terms of their validity due to many reasons and the process for categorizing a Hadith as being sound is pretty extensive. The Hadith we have now have remained the same. Trying to alter Hadith would be like trying to alter the Quran. It can easily be checked. Has there been attempts? I wouldn’t doubt it. Islamophobes make things up on a daily basis and quickly get called out on it.

Caplets
02-20-2020, 09:37 PM
السلام عليكم

"Usool Al-Hadeeth" by Dr. Bilal Philips. A good book to understand the hadīth. A technical book that a beginner can benefit from.

An IIPH publication. See their site for a description :
https://iiph.com/usool-al-hadith.htm...Ecoc7N81L5qWtz

For pdf version :
https://archive.org/details/UsoolAlH...ilips/mode/2up

keiv
02-27-2020, 11:02 PM
Did you guys delete the other posts by accident or something?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
soheil1
02-28-2020, 12:41 AM
Yes, and that is why there are scholars, who try to establish the authentocoty of a hadith and/or a narrator, or give a hadith preference over others when issuing decrees
And why there are sects and schools within each sect

Had each of them hold a candle
difference was out of their saying and angle (Rumi [RIP])

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.