/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I Want to Convert to Islam

JeffToYoussef
03-03-2020, 10:13 AM
Hello, everyone. Salam aleikum. I'm an American who wants to convert to Islam, but I'm not sure what I must do to convert. How should I do it, and how do I find a good mosque to go to? Any help from the Ummah would be appreciated.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
JeffToYoussef
03-03-2020, 10:43 AM
I don't know a lot about Islam, but I have been reading the Quran, and I believe that I will become a Sunni Muslim.

taha_
03-03-2020, 10:50 AM
Assalam o Alaikum rahaumutllahi wa barkauthu

Masha Allah, you are returning to the true religion which is blessing from our Creator.

Islam is simple to enter. Simply just say sincrely "There is no god but Allah, Muhammad is Messenger of Allah."

in Arabic "La ilaha illallah, muhammadur rasulallah"

Islam is based on 5 pillars and 6 belief.

The pillar of Islam :
1, shahadah
2, obligatory prayers
3, fasting
4, zakat
5, hajj

Six belief of Islam
1, belief in Allah, Who is One and Only without partner.
2, belief in angels
3, belief in holy books (Quran, Injil, Tawrat and Zabur)
4, belief in prophets and messengers (Adam to Muhammad peace be upon them)
5, belief in Day of Resurrection
6, belief in Divine Decree.

You can try search for nearest masjid. Allah knows best.

May Allah bless you and keep you steadfast.

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by JeffToYoussef
I believe that I will become a Sunni Muslim.
Brother there is no sects in Islam. Islam is united, we call ourselves "Muslims" only. that is enough for us.

MazharShafiq
03-03-2020, 11:00 AM
Masha Allah, you are returning to the true religion which is blessing from our Creator.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
JeffToYoussef
03-03-2020, 01:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by taha_
Assalam o Alaikum rahaumutllahi wa barkauthu

Islam is simple to enter. Simply just say sincrely "There is no god but Allah, Muhammad is Messenger of Allah."

in Arabic "La ilaha illallah, muhammadur rasulallah"

Islam is based on 5 pillars and 6 belief.

The pillar of Islam :
1, shahadah
2, obligatory prayers
3, fasting
4, zakat
5, hajj

Six belief of Islam
1, belief in Allah, Who is One and Only without partner.
2, belief in angels
3, belief in holy books (Quran, Injil, Tawrat and Zabur)
4, belief in prophets and messengers (Adam to Muhammad peace be upon them)
5, belief in Day of Resurrection
6, belief in Divine Decree.

You can try search for nearest masjid. Allah knows best.

May Allah bless you and keep you steadfast.

- - - Updated - - -

Brother there is no sects in Islam. Islam is united, we call ourselves "Muslims" only. that is enough for us.

Shukran. This is a great help. May Allah bless you and the Ummah everywhere, especially those Muslims that are suffering persecution throughout the world. I will find a mosque as soon as possible, inshaAllah.

JeffToYoussef
03-03-2020, 01:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MazharShafiq
Yes, I believe that. Allah is Great! Peace be upon you.

taha_
03-03-2020, 01:18 PM
Yes, I believe that. Allah is Great! Peace be upon you.
Waikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

'Abdullah
03-03-2020, 05:25 PM
Hello, everyone. Salam aleikum. I'm an American who wants to convert to Islam, but I'm not sure what I must do to convert. How should I do it, and how do I find a good mosque to go to? Any help from the Ummah would be appreciated.
Wa Alaikum Assalam WaRahmatullahi WaBarakatuh,

Welcome to the family of Islam. I hope you have found the mosque and taken your Shahada, In Sha'a Allah.
From which State are you? I am in CA, let me know if I can be of any help.

Jazakallahu Kahir (May Allah bless you with good)
Ma'aSalaam

JeffToYoussef
03-04-2020, 02:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by HabibUrrehman
Wa Alaikum Assalam WaRahmatullahi WaBarakatuh,

Welcome to the family of Islam. I hope you have found the mosque and taken your Shahada, In Sha'a Allah.
From which State are you? I am in CA, let me know if I can be of any help.

Jazakallahu Kahir (May Allah bless you with good)
Ma'aSalaam
Thanks so much. I'm from Kentucky, but currently I am living in the Philippines. I will go back to America later this year, in sha Allah. There are a few mosques in my hometown, but I'm not sure which one I should choose. I will visit all of them when I return to Kentucky, in sha Allah. Peace be upon you, brother.

taha_
03-04-2020, 02:10 AM
Thanks so much. I'm from Kentucky, but currently I am living in the Philippines. I will go back to America later this year, in sha Allah. There are a few mosques in my hometown, but I'm not sure which one I should choose. I will visit all of them when I return to Kentucky, in sha Allah. Peace be upon you, brother.
Assalam o alaikum rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

Brother you can choose any of masjid whatever . All masjids are house of Allah. So no need to worry.

Allah knows best

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.