/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I am introducing myself , Corlene, from Canada

CorleneCarnegie
03-11-2020, 10:01 AM
Hello. My ne is Corlene Carnegie. I am from Canada and am very much enjoying learning what the Quran saysand how it compares to and relates to the bible. Fascinating to be exact.
I have much to learn and to teach.
If we quit learning we get old, if we quit teaching we stale. So, I look forward to learning and teaching those of you who choose to interact with me.
It is my goal to be polite, informative, and teachable.
A little about myself to help you to understand my perspective.
I was a very tiny child, 3 yrs of age when I had my first encounter with what I would come to articulate as God. At age 3 I just knew there was a peace that was sooo much greater than the crisis that was going on in the room where I was.
That crisis was one of several that resulted in the loss of my entire family, just my brother and sister and I left together.
We were adopted by a farm family and grew up in central Saskatchewan, Canada.
When I was 16ish I had another direct encounter with what I now clearly knew was God.
At that point I bowed myself in humble submission to God, and His representative here on the earth, Yeshua, which has been also called Jesus.
About 3 yrs later I made a verbal offer and commitment to God, my creator.
I finally figured out that God was the true source of the peace I had experienced at that time of crisis I had as a child.
I didn't even reolize I had been searching for that peace, untill I met someone who had that peace, and asked him where he got that peace from..
He said he got it from submitting his life to God and to Jesus.
I figured, if thats what he did then thats what I'm gonna do cause he has what I want.
So I did, I went out and lpoked up to the stars and told God I wanted to submit my whole life, every thing I would ever have, every thing I would ever do and every thing I would ever be I offer to and submit to you, and can you ease give me the peace I see this other felliw has.
Well, God accepted my offer and its been an amazing walj ever since.
I submitted my life to God and accepted the one He called, the salvation of God, as my salvation, and he is exactly that to me, every day of my life.
I love God, and I believe in Yeshua, the salvation of God.
AND.....I was amazed to meet a lovely young man from Syria who told me the same thing.
I was shocked when this young Moslem man told me he believes in Jesus....
Now, I definitely had to learn more, so here I am.
Teach me, and, be willing to learn from me and share in this fascinating journey of learning to walk with God.
I'm a farmer and a wife and a mother and a grandmother. And I look forward to getting to know and be friends with those of you who can handle me. I'm not like your average Canadian
, or Christian.
My friend tells me " you are a muslim." Very interesting indeed.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
eesa the kiwi
03-11-2020, 10:08 AM
Welcome to the forum inshaAllah (God willing) your stay here will be beneficial

In Islam we also believe in jesus alayhis Salam as a noble messenger of Allah however we do not go to excess in praising him as we believe none has the right to be worshipped except Allah the creator of jesus

In the Quran an entire chapter is named after his mother Mary alayhis Salam. I've posted a link below of a recitation of that chapter so please do watch inshaAllah. It has English subtitles

https://youtu.be/2F8puRkwWWw

CorleneCarnegie
03-11-2020, 10:26 AM
Hello, thank you for your reply. Yes, these are what my friend has been telling me.
One thing I do't think I have been able to articulate tohim is that in the bible we are not actually supposed to pray to Jesus, we are to pray to God, in Jesus name. He is like our legal representative who presents our case before God, and represents us before God. He is our advocaye with the Father. If we sin, we can ask forgiveness of God and because of our acveptance of the salvation of God, He is willing and able to forgive us our sins. And we actually have to repent and stop that sinning too. Its not acceptable to deliberately keep on sinning against God in spite of the fact that we know better. Thats just being rude to God, and annuls our commitment to God.
I find it wonderful to learn that the Quran calls jesus Isa, which, apparently means God is Salvation. Like wow, that totally floored me.
Having been raised as a ttaditional Christian I had no teaching, and hence, no idea that the Quran even refers to Jesus/Isa or any of the other people and prophets that the bible also talks about.
Please forgive me if I sound ignorant, but, how is anyone to know unless someone tells them.
Ask, and it shall be given, right. It's awesome.

Good brother
03-11-2020, 12:27 PM
Welcome to the forum..

Great series to understand Islam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Qmg...3E276DB62FCA7B

If you have any thoughts or questions, don't hesitate to share !

[1/24] Introduction to Islam - YouTube
Islam Unveiled (2010) with Sh. Dr. Muhammad Salah Episode 1 of 24: Introduction to Islam...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abdullah
03-11-2020, 03:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by CorleneCarnegie
Hello, thank you for your reply. Yes, these are what my friend has been telling me.
One thing I do't think I have been able to articulate tohim is that in the bible we are not actually supposed to pray to Jesus, we are to pray to God, in Jesus name. He is like our legal representative who presents our case before God, and represents us before God. He is our advocaye with the Father. If we sin, we can ask forgiveness of God and because of our acveptance of the salvation of God, He is willing and able to forgive us our sins. And we actually have to repent and stop that sinning too. Its not acceptable to deliberately keep on sinning against God in spite of the fact that we know better. Thats just being rude to God, and annuls our commitment to God.
I find it wonderful to learn that the Quran calls jesus Isa, which, apparently means God is Salvation. Like wow, that totally floored me.
Having been raised as a ttaditional Christian I had no teaching, and hence, no idea that the Quran even refers to Jesus/Isa or any of the other people and prophets that the bible also talks about.
Please forgive me if I sound ignorant, but, how is anyone to know unless someone tells them.
Ask, and it shall be given, right. It's awesome.
Welcome to the forum and hope this will help you in understanding Islam.
While in Bible most names are translated but you will find that Quran used original names. For example Mosa is not an Arabic word, it is from old Egyptian word which mean new born or one who is saved from water. Similary Isa is also not an Arabic name, its an ancient Hebrew word which mean God is Salvation. Similarly Quran tells us that name "Ahmed" (one of the names of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was mentioned in Injil and Torah:

And remember when Jesus, son of Mary, said, o children of Israel, surely I am Allah's Messenger unto you fulfilling that which is before me of Torah, and giving glad tidings of e. Messenger who will come after me. His name will be Ahmad. And when he ( Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him) came to them with clear proofs they said, 'This is clear enchantment' [Quran 61:6]
Even Medina the City where Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) established first Islamic state is mentioned in Bible. Read Isiah 42:11:
Let the wilderness and its towns raise their voices; let the settlements where Kedar lives rejoice. Let the people of Sela sing for joy; let them shout from the mountaintops. [Isiah 42:11]
The two key words used are ‘Kedar’ and ‘Sela’ which together pinpoint an exact location for this special person. Out of all the places on earth that Isaiah could have mentioned, He chose to highlight Kedar and Sela’s location so we should pay special attention.
“let the settlements where Kedar lives rejoice…”
Who is Kedar, and where did he settle? The Old Testament tells us that Kedar was one of the sons of Ishmael:
These are the names of the sons of Ishmael, listed in the order of their birth: Nebaioth the firstborn of Ishmael, Kedar, Adbeel, Mibsam [Genesis 25:13]
The Old Testament tells us that Ishmael dwelt in a place called Paran:
While he (Ishmael) was living in the Desert of Paran, his mother got a wife for him from Egypt. [Genesis 21:21]
Many Christian interpreters of the Bible hold that Paran is in Arabia. From Clarke’s Commentary on the Bible:
He dwelt in the wilderness of Paran – This is generally allowed to have been a part of the desert belonging to Arabia Petraea, in the vicinity of Mount Sinai; and this seems to be its uniform meaning in the sacred writings.
Strong’s Bible Dictionary also tells us:
H6290 pâ’rân From H6286; ornamental; Paran, a desert of Arabia: – Paran.
"Let the people of Sela sing for joy…“
Whilst it’s true that Saudi Arabia represents a wide geographic region, the use of the word ‘Sela’ pinpoints an exact location. The place being spoken of is actually the city of Madinah because ‘Sela’ is the name of a famous mountain in Madinah. Madinah was the city of Prophet Muhammad. I will not go into any more details, just google 'Sela Mountain' and see where it takes you? This also explains why so many Jews were in Medina waiting for the arrival of their promised Prophet?
There are many other prophecies about coming of a final Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) but I will let you read and digest the above. For more details, see link below:
https://www.manyprophetsonemessage.c...-in-the-bible/

eesa the kiwi
03-11-2020, 10:14 PM
Have a look at this site www.islamreligion.com they have a bunch of good articles about Islam and a live chat q&a for you to ask questions

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.