/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sickness

Mahmuda Hoque
03-17-2020, 06:52 AM
Assalamualaikum, I'm 21 years old. I've been suffering from undiagnosed fever since September 2019 and then alhamdullilah I got diagnosed with lymphatic tuberculosis. I've undergone a surgery too but still now I'm suffering from immense ankle pain. I don't pray Salah 5 times a day and my mother keeps on saying that I'm getting punished for my evil deeds. Obviously I'm wrong because I've not prayed Salah and to be honest I've never had any evil thoughts or any evil thing for anyone. I've always thought about Allah whenever there's a problem. Am I actually getting punished? Please guide me, my mom speaks to me in a very quarrelsome way during my bad health , I'm not able to comprehend at all

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
eesa the kiwi
03-17-2020, 08:46 AM
Wa alaikum Salam

Sister I'm not going to say it's a punishment or not Allahu alimthis could've a wake up call to bring you back to Allahto save you from a punishment in the hereafter in which case it's a mercy. What I will say however simply put is you need to start praying.

It takes like five minutes to perform Salah. Allah subhanhu wa ta ala has done sooooo much for you. Every single cell in your body is a blessing from him and you cant even be bothered to spend twenty five minutes a day as he asked? How ungrateful is that

Punishment or not, you die in this state a worse fate than ankle pain could be waiting for you

Wake up before it's too late, turn in repentance and start praying because Allah is forgiving and merciful

According to a report narrated by Muslim (2747): “Allaah rejoices more over the repentance of His slave than any one of you if he is on his camel in a desolate land, then it runs away from him and on it is his food and drink, and he despairs of finding it, so he goes to a tree and lies down in its shade, having despaired of finding his camel, then while he is like that, it suddenly appears in front of him and he takes hold of its reins and says, because of his intense joy, ‘O Allaah, You are my slave and I am your lord,’ making this mistake because of the intensity of his joy.”

Come back to the deen start practicing again you are our sister in Islam.

May Allah bless you

MazharShafiq
03-17-2020, 11:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by eesa the kiwi
Wa alaikum Salam

Sister I'm not going to say it's a punishment or not Allahu alimthis could've a wake up call to bring you back to Allahto save you from a punishment in the hereafter in which case it's a mercy. What I will say however simply put is you need to start praying.

It takes like five minutes to perform Salah. Allah subhanhu wa ta ala has done sooooo much for you. Every single cell in your body is a blessing from him and you cant even be bothered to spend twenty five minutes a day as he asked? How ungrateful is that

Punishment or not, you die in this state a worse fate than ankle pain could be waiting for you

Wake up before it's too late, turn in repentance and start praying because Allah is forgiving and merciful

According to a report narrated by Muslim (2747): “Allaah rejoices more over the repentance of His slave than any one of you if he is on his camel in a desolate land, then it runs away from him and on it is his food and drink, and he despairs of finding it, so he goes to a tree and lies down in its shade, having despaired of finding his camel, then while he is like that, it suddenly appears in front of him and he takes hold of its reins and says, because of his intense joy, ‘O Allaah, You are my slave and I am your lord,’ making this mistake because of the intensity of his joy.”

Come back to the deen start practicing again you are our sister in Islam.

May Allah bless you

Wake up before it's too late, turn in repentance and start praying because Allah is forgiving and merciful .absolutely right

IslamLife00
03-17-2020, 11:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mahmuda Hoque
Assalamualaikum, I'm 21 years old. I've been suffering from undiagnosed fever since September 2019 and then alhamdullilah I got diagnosed with lymphatic tuberculosis. I've undergone a surgery too but still now I'm suffering from immense ankle pain. I don't pray Salah 5 times a day and my mother keeps on saying that I'm getting punished for my evil deeds. Obviously I'm wrong because I've not prayed Salah and to be honest I've never had any evil thoughts or any evil thing for anyone. I've always thought about Allah whenever there's a problem. Am I actually getting punished? Please guide me, my mom speaks to me in a very quarrelsome way during my bad health , I'm not able to comprehend at all
Wa'alaykumussalaam, Salat is obligation to Allah, it is also beneficial. If you are not offering it, you are transgressing against Allah, and missing out on the benefits. Allah even rewards the ablution that you have to do before offering salat.

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (ﷺ), who said:
Allah (mighty and sublime be He) says: The first of his actions for which a servant of Allah will be held accountable on the Day of Resurrection will be his prayers. If they are in order, then he will have prospered and succeeded: and if they are wanting, then he will have failed and lost. If there is something defective in his obligatory prayers, the Lord (glorified and exalted be He) will say: See if My servant has any supererogatory prayers with which may be completed that which was defective in his obligatory prayers. Then the rest of his actions will be judged in like fashion. It was related by at-Tirmidhi, Abu Dawud, an-Nasa'i, Ibn Majah and Ahmad. (Hadith Qudsi)

Abu Huraira reported that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:

The five (daily) prayers and one Friday prayer to (the next) Friday prayer are expiations (for the sins committed in the intervals) between them. (Sahih Bukhari)

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: The prayer of a person who does not perform ablution is not valid, and the ablution of a person who does not mention the name of Allah (in the beginning) is not valid. (Sunan ibn Majah)

Abu Huraira reported:

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said: When a Muslim washes his face (in course of ablution), every sin he contemplated with his eyes, will be washed away from his face along with water, or with the last drop of water; when he washes his hands, every sin they wrought will be effaced from his hands with the water, or with the last drop of water; and when he washes his feet, every sin towards which his feet have walked will be washed away with the water or with the last drop of water with the result that he comes out pure from all sins. (Sahih Muslim)

Surah Al-Ankabut 45: Recite, [O Muhammad], what has been revealed to you of the Book and establish prayer. Indeed, prayer prohibits immorality and wrongdoing, and the remembrance of Allah is greater. And Allah knows that which you do.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.